Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Carbon fibre and gloss black

12-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
Lowney
Rep
Drives: G20 M Sport 320d

Carbon fibre and gloss black

Has anybody fitted a carbon fibre spoiler with gloss black splitter/diffuser/skirts. How does it look? Should I stick to all gloss black?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowney View Post
Has anybody fitted a carbon fibre spoiler with gloss black splitter/diffuser/skirts. How does it look? Should I stick to all gloss black?
Personally I like the all-or-nothing approach to an extent. I don't have photos yet but will in the next two weeks, car is being delivered and I'm going to be installing components and getting ceramic coating done.

I have the carbon fiber splitter, spoiler and rear diffuser with the m performance gloss black rear trim. If I didn't have the gloss black trim I would probably have gone full carbon fiber, but wanted to keep it looking close to OEM.

With that said, I plan on adding carbon fiber side skirts once I find a set I like. Waiting on Kies and AAC to come out with their options so I can make a decision.

I also think it matters what your base color is. For me I have a black metallic car, so I think gloss black for things like side skirts could work if they appear to be an extension of the vehicles paint. However, if I had a different base color that made the difference obvious I would still prefer sticking either all carbon fiber or all gloss black.

Just my two cents, hopefully it's helpful without photos. I browsed countless hours on YouTube and google to come up with my build, so I get what you're going through
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #3
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowney View Post
I have that setup, exactly as you stated: CF finish on the rear wing, gloss black splitter and front lip. The CF blends in with the black, or the black blends in with the CF; either way, the combo works just fine, but that's mostly because of the point Graaf_Autowerksmade: the base color matters, and mine is Saph Black. I went with with a CF wing only because a gloss black option was not available, turned out just fine.
      12-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #4
Pskinner21
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i. 2020 SQ8

I have the all gloss black trim (front, side skits, diffuser, mirror caps) and just added after marker gloss black spoiler. I was thinking about going carbon fiber for spoiler, but glad I cope matched it to the rest. I just posted a shot in the cosmetic section.
Appreciate 0