Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Baseball Cards

03-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #23
elm3
///M Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
Well, I guess baseball cards aren't worth the paper they're printed on!

I have sooooo many from the 80s and 90s - and a bunch from the 70s that I got at a garage sale when I was a kid. I'm 29 now.

They're worth NOTHING. I had these high hopes that if I held on to them, they would be worth something.

There goes my retirement.
It all depend on which ones you have. Like Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, stuff like that. I have one of Hank that is worth $1,500. So look and see which one you might have. You can actually take them to a shop that handles these and they can tell you how much they are worth.
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue,6MT,Silver Novillo Leather,CF Trim,Premium Package,Technology Package,Cold Weather Package,Premium Sound,19"Wheels,Moonroof-Toy/'17 X5M, Long Beach Blue, Executive Package,Technology Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assist, Full Mughello Red Interior, 21" wheels-Toy/'14 535i with M Sport and 19" wheels-Daily
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I'm with the rest of ya.

I'll just hang on to them. You never know. Some day they may go back up.

Damn the good old days. I was so obsessed with collecting and baseball back then I knew stats for just about everyone.
+1000

just holding on to my collection too.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #25
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Even when I liked baseball, I couldn't sit and watch a whole game. It moves way too slow for me. Perhaps that why I listen to punk rock....shorts songs for short attention spans. I'd take football, muay Thai, MMA, and women's beach volleyball over half a baseball game any day.

You've sparked my curiosity MontegoGoGoGo...I'm gonna have to see what my childhood stash of baseball cards is looking like. While I'm at it, I should also see how my precious Peyton Manning and Urlacher rookie cards are doing, too...... Regardless, I'll hold on to all of them. Not like they take up much space anyways and, yeah, maybe they'll reclaim some lost value. And this thread also reminds me that I never did look for those garbage pail kids, either.
      03-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #26
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Even when I liked baseball, I couldn't sit and watch a whole game. It moves way too slow for me. Perhaps that why I listen to punk rock....shorts songs for short attention spans. I'd take football, muay Thai, MMA, and women's beach volleyball over half a baseball game any day.

You've sparked my curiosity MontegoGoGoGo...I'm gonna have to see what my childhood stash of baseball cards is looking like. While I'm at it, I should also see how my precious Peyton Manning and Urlacher rookie cards are doing, too...... Regardless, I'll hold on to all of them. Not like they take up much space anyways and, yeah, maybe they'll reclaim some lost value. And this thread also reminds me that I never did look for those garbage pail kids, either.
Hell, I think the GPK are worth more money.