Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking UK orders from Mexico

04-11-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
michael_e
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Tracking UK orders from Mexico

Hi,

Is there any info on the RORO used for UK orders shipping from Mexico?

My G20 M340i Was handed over for shipment 15th March and is currently at sea. I think it’s the K-line and is possibly on the Victoria Highway.

My car is being picked up in Glasgow - do they get left off at Southampton directly or go to Bremerhaven first?

Cheers for info,
Michael
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 12:39 PM   #2
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_e View Post
Hi,

Is there any info on the RORO used for UK orders shipping from Mexico?

My G20 M340i Was handed over for shipment 15th March and is currently at sea. I think it’s the K-line and is possibly on the Victoria Highway.

My car is being picked up in Glasgow - do they get left off at Southampton directly or go to Bremerhaven first?

Cheers for info,
Michael
You've got the correct Shipping Line (K-Line) and that is one of the ships that does the North Atlantic routes.

However, I tracked Drive Green Highway all the way across the Atlantic - through Bremerhaven and Antwerp, right into Southampton - before finding out that my car was NOT onboard

The problem seems to be Online Genius updates are not very accurate, so trying to work out when your particular vehicle went from At The Port Of Exit - to - At Sea, is damn near impossible. Without that information you will not know which transporter your beloved is on.

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2023, 12:41 PM   #3
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

The K-Line RORO schedule is online - just search.

The sequence of dates will determine where the ship goes. Also they get updated when things are delayed.

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #4
michael_e
Rep

Thanks, appreciate the advice.

I’d checked the schedule and see the Horizon Highway and Victoria Highway get into Southampton within a day or so of each other. The genius and dealer confirmed my car is at sea so if on K-line it’s logical it will be one of those ships … I hope.

The bit I wasn’t sure about is whether it will get off at Southampton or go to Bremerhaven. I thought it might need to go to Southampton as it has a W vin code which I think is for Germany rather than a 3 VIN code for Mexico. I wonder if it needed to touch German soil for that reason.
Hope I’m wrong! Then the car arrives sooner!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 05:15 PM   #5
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_e View Post
Thanks, appreciate the advice.

I’d checked the schedule and see the Horizon Highway and Victoria Highway get into Southampton within a day or so of each other. The genius and dealer confirmed my car is at sea so if on K-line it’s logical it will be one of those ships … I hope.

The bit I wasn’t sure about is whether it will get off at Southampton or go to Bremerhaven. I thought it might need to go to Southampton as it has a W vin code which I think is for Germany rather than a 3 VIN code for Mexico. I wonder if it needed to touch German soil for that reason.
Hope I’m wrong! Then the car arrives sooner!
The information about the first letter of the VIN is out of date.

My VIN begins WBA - it was made in Mexico.

The RORO schedule dates will indicate where it goes - but your car will not leave the ship until it docks in Southampton.

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2023, 12:14 AM   #6
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Are UK orders also being built in the SLP plant in Mexico?
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2023, 11:20 AM   #7
michael_e
Rep

Yep for G20 anyways
Appreciate 1