Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Another new 330e delivered today

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #23
smorg99
Private First Class
United Kingdom
37
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: F30 330e M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sheffield

iTrader: (0)

How does the refinement of the G20 330e compare to the F30? I had a 330dx before my F30 330e and I much prefer the feel of the 330e. Around town on electric it's very quiet but on the motorway there is tyre roar and it can be pretty loud.
I have 19s with Goodyear run flats so I guess non rft would help.
My car is heavily spec'd and I love it and would probably want to wait until the G20 became available via AUC before I chopped it in.
Just interested in how the G20 is re: refinement and how it drives in comparison?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #24
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
5243
Rep
17,597
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/G20 330e/F31 340i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorg99 View Post
How does the refinement of the G20 330e compare to the F30? I had a 330dx before my F30 330e and I much prefer the feel of the 330e. Around town on electric it's very quiet but on the motorway there is tyre roar and it can be pretty loud.
I have 19s with Goodyear run flats so I guess non rft would help.
My car is heavily spec'd and I love it and would probably want to wait until the G20 became available via AUC before I chopped it in.
Just interested in how the G20 is re: refinement and how it drives in comparison?
It's miles ahead. Biggest improvement I can remember from one generation of 3 series to another I can remember.

Road noise and overall refinement much better, ride comfort on adaptive suspension is excellent. First car Ive had with runflats that I don't immediately wish I could change. And the handling is better.

The tech is much improved, with all the driver assistance working much more naturally.

The hybrid system is much more sophisticated and intelligent, with much better integration of the two power trains.

I couldn't go back to an F30 now!
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2019 G20 330e MSport, 2016 F31 340i MSport tourer
Gone...F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 1
smorg9936.50

      11-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #25
teaston
Pirate
teaston's Avatar
No_Country
9846
Rep
31,948
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The High Seas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Congrats. Looks great.
How are you liking yours? first drive in mine today and blown away by how much of an improvement over the F30 generation it is.
Congrats mate! The Gxx's are a huge improvement aren't they! So many little improvements that add up to a big overall difference.
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo
Previous: F30 335d, F30 330d, E90 320d, E46 320d, E46 330ci
Appreciate 1
Tengocity5242.50

      11-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #26
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
5243
Rep
17,597
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/G20 330e/F31 340i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Congrats. Looks great.
How are you liking yours? first drive in mine today and blown away by how much of an improvement over the F30 generation it is.
Congrats mate! The Gxx's are a huge improvement aren't they! So many little improvements that add up to a big overall difference.
Yes, massively, I have to admit.
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2019 G20 330e MSport, 2016 F31 340i MSport tourer
Gone...F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 1
teaston9846.00

      11-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #27
isleaiw1
Brigadier General
2336
Rep
4,822
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
I went to Williams about a year ago to order a new G20.
I said I would order a car today if you give me a discount.
They laughed at me.
I ordered a car through an internet broker.
I bet Williams are discounting now.
I use them for service, on the whole I am quite happy with their
Service and parts department and I bought the winter wheels from them.
My car came through Williams at Stockport, couldn't fault them throughout the process.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:45 AM   #28
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
263
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Stirling, UK

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone confirm if 330e has launch control? And if so - how to enable it?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #29
tricky6
Lieutenant
191
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: G20 330e M Sport+
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
Can anyone confirm if 330e has launch control? And if so - how to enable it?
I believe it does. Haven't tried it though so I'm no use at all... ;-) Make sure you get your engine warm before you use it! :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #30
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
263
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Stirling, UK

iTrader: (0)

I wonder what the effect is like. I have read about it but never tried it or engaged it on a car before.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #31
tricky6
Lieutenant
191
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: G20 330e M Sport+
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
I wonder what the effect is like. I have read about it but never tried it or engaged it on a car before.
If it knocks 0.2 seconds off your 0-60 you're a lucky man...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #32
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
263
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Stirling, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
If it knocks 0.2 seconds off your 0-60 you're a lucky man...
So all in all a bit pointless really!
I presume 0-60 quoted times are using launch control
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST