Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Hamilton DQ'd from Aussie GP

04-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

All the drama, I wish they could just race. btw, driver usually say what their team want them to say.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9115.html
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #24
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Its sad that such a great season opening....was overshadowed with the vessel-kubica penalty and hamilton-trulli drama....
      04-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #25
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldcarfans
A spokesman for F1's governing body late Thursday would not rule out "further action" against McLaren and Lewis Hamilton.

Following a reconvened stewards hearing at Sepang, the reigning world champion was excluded from the results of the Australian grand prix, having been found guilty of "deliberately misleading" the Melbourne inquiry.

"We could not rule out further action at this stage," the spokesman said in Malaysia.

It is Hamilton and McLaren's breach of article 151c of the International Sporting Code that could carry penalties ranging from reprimands to total exclusion from the championship.

Rumours at Sepang suggested the matter could be referred by the FIA to the World Motor Sport Council.

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh, however, insists that neither the team nor McLaren "lied."

"I don't know what they meant by (deliberately misleading), you'd have to ask them," he said as he addressed swarms of media in the paddock.

"They believe that the omission of the information about the radio conversation between the team and Lewis was withheld and that is what they believe was misleading."

Triple world champion Niki Lauda told the German broadcaster RTL that he considers it "the biggest joke of all time" that the FIA took four days to come to a definitive ruling about the incident.
Now this is making the whole F1 a further laughing stock, to even consider banning McLaren and Hamilton from any part in the 2009 season is a disgrace. It looks to be a personal attack on both the team and Lewis Hamilton which seems to be against normal practice for the FIA, or should I say was normal practice prior to Lewis Hamilton entering F1.

I am not a racist person but what is being witnessed here and since he arrived in F1 could be mistaken for just that.

If this outcome is carried out then I will no longer watch F1 and I bet there will be many who feel the same way.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #26
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre..._decision.aspx

I just listened to the tapes here. It seems there was some confusion about the positions and whether he could overtake or not. These people just need to relax and let these guys race.
      04-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #27
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Its time for the FIA and everyone else to move on now...

McLaren have been caught out and disqualified from the Aussie GP. McLaren look stupid, Hamilton is sorry and embarrassed and McLaren suspend a senior guy.

Its the Malaysion GP now, the whole debacle should be put to rest and everyone should be able to focus on what should be another very entertaining race!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #28
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

If McLaren was confused about the whole over take rules and mislead Hamilton whether to overtake or not is a mistake, not a lie. Yes, they look silly for not understanding the rules but for the FIA to portray them as cheater or liar, just not right. I wonder if this is done to make some other red team look good.
Appreciate 0