Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Driving assistant pro errors

03-11-2023, 10:54 AM   #23
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Through areas with cameras (average especially), I’m finding myself using LIM more than ACC these days. Although having said that I find them both extremely useful.
Appreciate 2
bmnut815.00
      03-11-2023, 01:56 PM   #24
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

The point I’m getting at, is mine producing a fault by seeing a left lane vehicle and mistaking it for a vehicle in front causing the sudden braking. Albeit not all the time. Hence why I’m curious on other people’s experiences.

Will mention to the dealer on Tuesday when it goes in for its software update.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 02:20 PM   #25
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Funboy78 it might just be a software update thing, but I’d also ask they do a recalibration on the front sensor and the cameras (same as what they do when they fit a new windscreen). At least it’s eliminating the chance of something being an issue.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2023, 06:23 AM   #26
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Funboy78 it might just be a software update thing, but I’d also ask they do a recalibration on the front sensor and the cameras (same as what they do when they fit a new windscreen). At least it’s eliminating the chance of something being an issue.
Awesome idea, thanks for the advice mate! Didn’t even think of that, will call them tomorrow to make sure they allow enough time to do it all. Cheers buddy
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2023, 08:54 AM   #27
barian
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 318i

[QUOTE=Funboy78;29926092]The point I’m getting at, is mine producing a fault by seeing a left lane vehicle and mistaking it for a vehicle in front causing the sudden braking. Albeit not all the time. Hence why I’m curious on other people’s experiences.

It depends how often it is happening, I suggest. The system is looking straight ahead, so if you are on a right hand bend it cannot avoid sensing vehicles in the left hand lane. Also, the front radar sidelobes cannot be entirely suppressed, so if you are passing close to a vehicle with a strong radar return, such as a lorry, I expect there can be some energy detected by the sensor. Putting it another way, the radar beam cannot exactly be confined to the lane ahead. So occasional nuisance alarms are pretty well inevitable. I would guess I have one every few hundred miles of use, but not more often. Often they self cancel after a momentary braking, and if not are easily overridden. But if you are experiencing them frequently there is probably something that requires recalibration, or a fault.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #28
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=barian;29927738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
The point I’m getting at, is mine producing a fault by seeing a left lane vehicle and mistaking it for a vehicle in front causing the sudden braking. Albeit not all the time. Hence why I’m curious on other people’s experiences.

It depends how often it is happening, I suggest. The system is looking straight ahead, so if you are on a right hand bend it cannot avoid sensing vehicles in the left hand lane. Also, the front radar sidelobes cannot be entirely suppressed, so if you are passing close to a vehicle with a strong radar return, such as a lorry, I expect there can be some energy detected by the sensor. Putting it another way, the radar beam cannot exactly be confined to the lane ahead. So occasional nuisance alarms are pretty well inevitable. I would guess I have one every few hundred miles of use, but not more often. Often they self cancel after a momentary braking, and if not are easily overridden. But if you are experiencing them frequently there is probably something that requires recalibration, or a fault.
To be honest, probably the same as you. Once every so often, it’s only happened a couple of times but I’m always (obviously) ready just in case so when mine did brake I quickly overrode it.
Appreciate you sharing as I wanted to know whether mine was let’s say faulty, or just limitations of the system - sounds like the latter!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 01:58 AM   #29
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Had this error pop up today. Dull day with no rain. No obvious condensation obstructing camera view. Does the message just disappear at some point on its own? (assuming no actual fault)
I cant see a way to clear it and I'm pedantic enough to be annoyed by the little "i" on the dash.

TIA
      02-20-2024, 03:31 AM   #30
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

You have to ask Spotify to play I can see clearly now by Jimmy Cliff.
Appreciate 0