Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Galaxy S8/S8+ VS. Note 8

08-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #89
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnakle View Post
You can use them on any carrier. Mine is on AT&T I bought mine straight from Google. I have no problem using any features of the network. I plan to drop AT&T and switch to Googles Project Fi service because I'm almost always on WiFi. I stay pretty up to date on cell phone tech reading r/android on Reddit and I remember the CEO of T-Mobile tweeting out about them allowing full functionality of their network after the phone was released, but the exclusive Verizon carrier deal Google has is just that Verizon is the only carrier that can sell it/have data plans for the phone. Verizon just advertised it in a way that made a lot of people think it's "only on Verizon."

I kind of think it's not going to sell that well. It's priced close to $1000 and is tech wise barely better than a S8+ that can be had for $500-$700 depending on where you look with the deals going on right now.
Right and agreed. Initial reviews are saying it's much too similar to a Galaxy S8+ and mostly an Apple copy (who does most of it better anyway).

Expensive.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 08-24-2017 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 0