Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Bootmod3 Stage 1 Questions

10-21-2023, 09:36 AM   #1
KingBreezy
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Bootmod3 Stage 1 Questions

If you guys could try and answer as many of the questions below I’d appreciate it

- Has anyone had any problems with adding bootmod3 stage 1 onto their b48? Is it risky?

- Best place to get it?

- Can I mod the burbles to mainly to sport plus mode?

- Other than the product itself is their anything else that I need to apply it to my car?

- Is it hard to apply onto the car? How long will it take?

- What are some features you could do with it?

- Do I have to leave it in my car or can I take it out after?

- How detectable is it to the dealerships?

- Will it ruin my warranty even if my dealer says it’s ok?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Has anyone had any problems with adding bootmod3 stage 1 onto their b48? Is it risky?

not risky, its the most proven tune

- Best place to get it?

Extreme Power House

I don't think you adjust the B48 burble but I might be wrong on this one.

- Other than the product itself is their anything else that I need to apply it to my car?

You need an enet and phone adapter; luckily, we offer it for free if you get the tune from us.

It's the most straightforward mod you will do; it takes less than 5 minutes.

With more power, code reading and deleting, and data logging, you can do too many things to list.

There is no need to keep it connected; once its loaded into the car, it stays there

You will be fine if you are taking your car for scheduled service. If you ask them to repair the damage the tune might cause, they won't do that.

It won't ruin your warranty unless you run a map too aggressively for your mods and fuel and damage a car component; don't expect the dealership to fix it for free.

It sounds like you are very worried about the safety of the tune. Keep in mind bootmod3 has hundreds of thousands of user without any issues. run the recommended map and you will be fine, its very safe.
As for the warranty, your delaerhip will not give you any problems as long as you don't break anything, which goes back to running the recommended map.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2023, 06:35 PM   #3
KingBreezy
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Has anyone had any problems with adding bootmod3 stage 1 onto their b48? Is it risky?

not risky, its the most proven tune

- Best place to get it?

Extreme Power House

I don't think you adjust the B48 burble but I might be wrong on this one.

You need an enet and phone adapter; luckily, we offer it for free if you get the tune from us.

It's the most straightforward mod you will do; it takes less than 5 minutes.

With more power, code reading and deleting, and data logging, you can do too many things to list.

There is no need to keep it connected; once its loaded into the car, it stays there

You will be fine if you are taking your car for scheduled service. If you ask them to repair the damage the tune might cause, they won't do that.

It won't ruin your warranty unless you run a map too aggressively for your mods and fuel and damage a car component; don't expect the dealership to fix it for free.

It sounds like you are very worried about the safety of the tune. Keep in mind bootmod3 has hundreds of thousands of user without any issues. run the recommended map and you will be fine, its very safe.
As for [...]
You got me sold man. I’m looking into ordering it tomorrow. Last question that I have for you is if the bootmod3 can allow me to gain access to sports plus mode since it didn’t come standard. Or would I need another adapter to do that for me?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:40 PM   #4
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBreezy View Post
You got me sold man. I’m looking into ordering it tomorrow. Last question that I have for you is if the bootmod3 can allow me to gain access to sports plus mode since it didn’t come standard. Or would I need another adapter to do that for me?
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1697654
Appreciate 0