Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK G22 Eibach Lowering Springs and Spacers

04-01-2024, 03:53 PM   #1
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xdrive, G22M440i xdri

G22 Eibach Lowering Springs and Spacers

Looking in the evenings to my new purchase on the drive, I can’t help but feel that the 19” wheels are a little bit lost in the wheel arches of my G22 440i.

I’ve ran spring and spacer set ups on all the ‘sporty’ cars I’ve owned, I love a nice stance.

I’ve emailed Eibach on what they would recommend but I’ve never had a car with adaptive suspension, so keen to not compromise that, I think that springs only don’t, but would like that assurance.

I had a look at a few Motech videos of their demos and I do like the 15mm rear, 12mm front spacers coupled with the Eibach Pro’s, nice drop of 20-25mm.

Ideally I’d like 20” rims with a different offset but, we’re talking serious cash here that would probably break me

I have done a few searches on here but nothing specific has come up, except mostly G20/21 340i specific stuff and products from ACS, so looking to reach the wider audience with any recommendations, links, pro’s and cons.

This is not for track work, that’s not what this car is about, it’s purely aesthetic stance on a car that’s driven occasionally ‘spirited’. Again I don’t want to ruin the ride comfort, I’d have gotten an M4 for bone jarring UK roads for that

I’ve been modding cars for a long time, just need to understand the BMW intricacies and pitfalls.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 05:07 AM   #2
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

I've spent some time looking at springs, spacers and wheels. I would have done it by now if it weren't for the ridiculous situation with insurance these days, potentially an extra few hundred £ every year just to have the car look a bit nicer really puts me off.

The ground clearance (as it is) often comes in handy with what I use the car for, so that's another reason for me to leave 'stock'.

Having said that, the G2* cars which have been 'moteched' don't half look good!
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2024, 07:07 AM   #3
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, insurance is a pain when handling mods. The main thrust that I forgot to mention on my initial post was adaptive suspension, which I have. Having looked at the Motech videos again, springs don’t have any effect on that according to them.

I also prefer their spacers as opposed to Eibach’s.

I think once I’ve got fully to grips with this car, there’ll be some quite serious, aesthetic mostly, modding going on. The 8 years I ran my Stang, I never stopped, went ball deep with that stopping short of a Whipple supercharger, that was gonna be my next major mod. There wasn’t one area that wasn’t modified.

My previous three cars, all had spacers and lowering springs to one extent or another, it always changes the looks for the better IMO.

These 20” M795’s look the biz, can someone advise if the offset different from the M791 ones I currently have? If they have a better offset I will probs lookout for a decently priced set in the near future, but would still lower the car on them as well

Last edited by HeebieJeebies; 04-03-2024 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 11:02 AM   #4
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

So they’re the same offset, 27 front, 40 rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 12:19 PM   #5
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Yeah, I like the 795Ms and probably the wheels I'd be most likely to buy, staying OEM.

I'm not really sold on spacers due the extra strain on wheel bearings - I know it may be minimal but I'll have this car long term so would rather avoid any issues caused by them down the line.

I guess that's where Motech's various 20" MW wheel offerings appeal - wider stance and tyres with no need for spacers.

I'm not the type of person not to declare mods to insurance either. Simply not worth the risk. Part of my job includes examining crash damaged vehicles and I'm being increasingly asked by clients (insurers) to note ANY modifications from standard, be it cosmetic or mechanical.

Last edited by Bianchi Dave; 04-03-2024 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 09:20 PM   #6
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

I had my Stang for 8 years on spacers, no wheel bearing damage, drove it like I stole it and then some I think at some point on the way to Lake Garda, through an unrestricted stretch of autobahn I was on my speedo limit and still climbing

I get the cautious stance though,
Appreciate 1