Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Spotify not opening

08-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
TheFizzels
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i XDrive

Hello,

I noticed my Spotify on Connected Drive on my bmw no longer launching. I click on the icon and it does nothing.

Anybody have this issue and how to fix it?

I do not want to use Spotify through my Bluetooth audio through my phone. I would like to use the native Spotify app

This is a 2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

Have you tried to update the apps?

I had a problem where my playlists weren't showing up but oddly they appeared after driving for 3 mins, possibly a connectivity issue at that time.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Yeah I've had this a few times. Much better since I was upgraded to 07.2020 by dealer.

One time I had to completely reset the iDrive by removing my profile and put back to factory settings, then reconnect my profile, update the apps and then it came back.

The other times were solved by updating the apps and holding down the volume/off knob for 70 seconds (iDrive restarts twice).
      08-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDot View Post
Have you tried to update the apps?

I had a problem where my playlists weren't showing up but oddly they appeared after driving for 3 mins, possibly a connectivity issue at that time.
I have had the same issue. I think it was connectivity. Tends to occur when I am in underground parking structures and resolves in a few minutes
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #5
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
I have had the same issue. I think it was connectivity. Tends to occur when I am in underground parking structures and resolves in a few minutes
It has happened to me as well. I really think it is a connectivity problem that occurs on occasion. I can see how having the car in an underground setting could hamper the connection. But it happens to me at other times, when the car has just been parked outside.

I confess to never trying to reboot the IDrive system to restore Spotify. Perhaps a software upgrade will improve things.

I don't know whether to blame it on Spotify or the BMW native interface. All I can say is when it works it is wonderful .... until it stops working. Then it just comes back on its own when I try again a few days later.
Appreciate 0