Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions In the UK, does Driver Assistance Professional come with Lane Change Assist?

08-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (G20)

In the UK, does Driver Assistance Professional come with Lane Change Assist?

Hi all,

I took delivery of my BMW MY2020 330e M Sport 2 weeks ago and am loving every minute of it!

Just noticed that my car doesn't have a setting to activate Lane Change Assist per to BMW YouTube videos. It was advertised with this option on the BMW configurator under the Driver Assistant Professional..

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Btw I am based in the UK and I am aware some countries has this feature deactivated due to regulatory reasons but my father has a F90 MY2019 M5 and I drove it the other day and it did have Lane Change Assist, so it can't be a regulatory thing for me?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

It is part of the DAP, maybe they forgot to code it in, same as some features in my car, I'd advise you to talk to your dealership. Next week I'm going to meet a technician in mine to have some features unlocked, because they forgot them.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
It is part of the DAP, maybe they forgot to code it in, same as some features in my car, I'd advise you to talk to your dealership. Next week I'm going to meet a technician in mine to have some features unlocked, because they forgot them.
My car is going in to the dealership on Tuesday for change the adhesive on the rear spoiler as the ends has come unstuck and for them to look into the lane change assist.

Out of interest what was missing from your car? So that I could check if I am missing these too..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Spotify as an idrive application, probably others as well but I have no idea what I should have but I at least know that I need to have spotify. Also connected music in general is not there, I only have Bluetooth, radio and usb audio option...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 03:17 AM   #5
Sootchucker
Rep
Drives: VW Golf MK7.5 GTI

According to the latest UK brochure I have, driving assistance professional comes with:

Driving Assistant Professional
Comprises:
– Active Cruise Control with approach control
Active Lane guidance
– Automatic Speed Limit Assist
– Crossing traffic warning, front
– Crossroads warning and city braking function
– Evasion aid
Lane Keeping Assistant with Active side collision protection
– Steering and Lane Control Assistant
– Wrong-way warning (Only with Automatic transmission / Sport automatic transmission + BMW Live Cockpit Professional)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 03:41 AM   #6
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootchucker View Post
According to the latest UK brochure I have, driving assistance professional comes with:

Driving Assistant Professional
Comprises:
– Active Cruise Control with approach control
Active Lane guidance
– Automatic Speed Limit Assist
– Crossing traffic warning, front
– Crossroads warning and city braking function
– Evasion aid
Lane Keeping Assistant with Active side collision protection
– Steering and Lane Control Assistant
– Wrong-way warning (Only with Automatic transmission / Sport automatic transmission + BMW Live Cockpit Professional)
Is Active Lane Guidance the same thing as Lane Change Assist?
As I'm aware there are two systems one to keep the car within its lanes (Lane Keeping Assist) and the other to steer the car between lanes on activation of the indicator stalk (not fully down) (Lane Change Assistance).
The Lane Change Assist System is probably a gimmick just to show off to passengers but when I used it on a F90 MY2019 M5 on the motorway, it was actually really good for long journeys.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 04:22 AM   #7
Sootchucker
Rep
Drives: VW Golf MK7.5 GTI

I think, (but don't quote me on this), Active lane guidance just monitors if you are drifting out of the lane and alerts you with a warning on the dash and a vibration of the steering wheel.

I think Lane keeping assistance actually intervenes to proactively steer and keep you in lane (at least that's who it works on my VW Golf GTI).
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #8
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

No, in the UK its not officially enabled for the 3 series. However some have managed to code it in, so all the hardware is there, but must have been disabled due to regulations I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #9
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgoXXI View Post
No, in the UK its not officially enabled for the 3 series. However some have managed to code it in, so all the hardware is there, but must have been disabled due to regulations I guess.
That's what I initially thought but then it worked in the F90 MY2019 M5 and I heard it works in X5 and X7 in the UK, so it can't be regulatory reasons.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #10
newway
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM330e View Post
Hi all,

I took delivery of my BMW MY2020 330e M Sport 2 weeks ago and am loving every minute of it!

Just noticed that my car doesn't have a setting to activate Lane Change Assist per to BMW YouTube videos. It was advertised with this option on the BMW configurator under the Driver Assistant Professional..

Btw I am based in the UK and I am aware some countries has this feature deactivated due to regulatory reasons but my father has a F90 MY2019 M5 and I drove it the other day and it did have Lane Change Assist, so it can't be a regulatory thing for me?

Many thanks!
I have Driver Assistance Pro on a G20 320i, I don't have the Lane Change Assist (change lane for you when you turn on the indicator light),
when I have driving assistance on and then turn the turn indicator on, the driving assistance function will stop.

I know this feature is country-specific, if you read your manual, this feature is not written down.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #11
BillyLDN
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM330e View Post
Hi all,

Many thanks!
I had the same question, when purchased the lane changing assistant was shown on the bmw config. When I realised I didn’t appear to have this option I checked again and noticed it had been removed.

As you’ve highlighted re other vehicles having this it can’t be a restriction...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #12
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

To be fair I test drove a Tesla Model 3 once and the lane change assist was bad, it refused to change lanes 3 times even when there was loads of space. In the end I changed lanes myself. Can't see the BMW implementation being any better. And the way the driver assistance nicely disengages and engages automatically while changing lanes manually makes the feature a bit of a cool gimmick.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #13
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

I have 320i UK spec (August 2019 bulid) with DAP. The Lane Change Assist feature isn't available.

It needs coding.

More info here :

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1669955
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #14
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

I also had to code the lane assistance on my 2019 330e in Ireland so it must be off due to regulations.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:57 PM   #15
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep

So had my dealership have a look at why the car doesn't have Lane Change Assist active and their response was that according to BMW specifications list that the 2020a model (MY2020) doesn't have this option whereas the 2020b model (MY2021) model comes with this option enabled as standard.
This has confused me a bit because (correct me if I am wrong) BMW has advertised this feature (LCA) as part of the Driving Assistance Professional package back in September 2019 in a BMW news article and I have seen it listed on the configurator in December 2019 through to June 2020. I don't understand why would they advertise this feature back in September 2019 for it to only work with a MY2021 car?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #16
VictorRomeo
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Spotify as an idrive application, probably others as well but I have no idea what I should have but I at least know that I need to have spotify. Also connected music in general is not there, I only have Bluetooth, radio and usb audio option...
This is only available is certain markets as far as I'm aware. It's not included in Ireland either. Pisses me off royally. Don't know why but perhaps it's down to costs levied by the mobile network provider BMW use for Connected data. Only answer I get is a stock 'It's not available in Ireland'....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 05:19 AM   #17
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, got the same answer here. Mt question was "well what do I get from the connected drive professional", answer was nothing cause there is nothing for our market.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 05:33 AM   #18
AM330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, got the same answer here. Mt question was "well what do I get from the connected drive professional", answer was nothing cause there is nothing for our market.
I have the Spotify app on my iDrive screen although I haven't used it yet as I don't have a premium account as of yet.

I have seen some people on other forums fixing the Spotify problem by hard resetting the iDrive (holding the power button until the screen restarts) and logging out and back into the connected drive account in the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #19
S.G.
Rep
Drives: 330e (2019)

I am afraid this function is not enabled in the UK. I was hoping for that too, until the dealership advised me it is not.

Out of curiosity - how many of you were successful in coding that and is the feature worth the hassle?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i, G30 m550i LCI

I coded it. It works very well. Never had it fail.

The 11/19 remote software upgrade reverted all coding and i miss it.. will have to recode it this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 03:01 AM   #21
Teroturi
Rep
Drives: 330e Touring M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.G. View Post
I am afraid this function is not enabled in the UK. I was hoping for that too, until the dealership advised me it is not.

Out of curiosity - how many of you were successful in coding that and is the feature worth the hassle?
Quote:

Take a look at Zed Coding on Facebook
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 03:59 AM   #22
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:

I coded it this week using the “Tesla Mode” YouTube video as the guide. Works really well. I documented what I did to get to the point of being ready do to the coding on this thread: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1748732&page=2
Appreciate 0