Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Issues with smartphone Connected app

06-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #23
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

The only solution right now is to program and code the vehicle at the dealership. The TCB module software will be updated and everything will work again. I had this issue with my car and that solved it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 06:49 AM   #24
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglesias31 View Post
There's a software error in the tcb module causing the disconnection between the app and the car. Bring the car in for service and tell them you're having this issue and they'll program the car to the latest I-level. There's actually an SIB for this issue.

PS - I work for BMW
You were exactly correct. Dealer did software update and it all works again.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #25
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post
Quote:
There's a software error in the tcb module causing the disconnection between the app and the car. Bring the car in for service and tell them you're having this issue and they'll program the car to the latest I-level. There's actually an SIB for this issue.

PS - I work for BMW
You were exactly correct. Dealer did software update and it all works again.
Awesome, woody! Glad it's working again!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #26
craeg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i convertible

Quote:

PS - I work for BMW
I have been dealing with this for months. I have a ticket opened with BMW which has gone nowhere. I brought the car in for service with the exact description and they charged me $200 to diagnose and did nothing. What is the SIB number? The dealership will not fix things unless I bring them a printed copy of the SIB.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #27
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by craeg View Post
Quote:

PS - I work for BMW
I have been dealing with this for months. I have a ticket opened with BMW which has gone nowhere. I brought the car in for service with the exact description and they charged me $200 to diagnose and did nothing. What is the SIB number? The dealership will not fix things unless I bring them a printed copy of the SIB.
Wow, that's insane that they're making the customer supply an SIB number for them. Anyway, I'll get back to you tomorrow because I'm currently on vacation and can't access my account for SIBs right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #28
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by craeg View Post
Quote:

PS - I work for BMW
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #29
Jckaspar
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Can you share this with the rest of the members of this group?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:24 PM   #30
JDSX
5th BMW
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jckaspar View Post
Can you share this with the rest of the members of this group?
The only SIB I've been able to find (so far) is this.
Appreciate 1