Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics 2019 bmw 330e high voltage battery cash data after accident

08-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
Mikeowen03
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e g20

2019 bmw 330e high voltage battery cash data after accident

hi i have a bmw 330e been involved in front end accident airbag deployed all has been repaired and replaced, i have issue with the high voltage system still tho seem to have crash data stored and switch contactors for high voltage system seems to be disconnected due to accident

any help on how to reset this please
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I'm no expert, but my guess is the physical connectors might need to be replaced as they are blown in an accident to make the car safer to deal with for first responders. It wouldn't surprise me if you have coding to do as well to link the battery back with the system.

Here in the US I'd just let insurance handle it and have it towed to a BMW collision center.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Whoever "repaired" this car should have done a full repair, which includes repairing the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeowen03 View Post
hi i have a bmw 330e been involved in front end accident airbag deployed all has been repaired and replaced, i have issue with the high voltage system still tho seem to have crash data stored and switch contactors for high voltage system seems to be disconnected due to accident

any help on how to reset this please
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:38 PM   #4
Mikeowen03
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e g20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Whoever "repaired" this car should have done a full repair, which includes repairing the battery.
I purchased the car from an insurance company, I have repaired the vehicle myself, obviously the car is still ot finished hence why I am asking this question, its the only issue I have left, only want to know if its somebody has had a similar issue and was able to resolve themselves or iis it something only bmw can reset
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:37 PM   #5
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeowen03 View Post
I purchased the car from an insurance company, I have repaired the vehicle myself, obviously the car is still ot finished hence why I am asking this question, its the only issue I have left, only want to know if its somebody has had a similar issue and was able to resolve themselves or iis it something only bmw can reset
Contact a coder, they may be able to clear the errors - as long as it does not involve replacing parts.
Appreciate 0