Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Rev counter permanently in Live cockpit?

08-13-2020, 05:05 AM   #1
tidusmt
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i

Rev counter permanently in Live cockpit?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a thread.

I picked up my 320i two weeks ago and I noticed that by default, the right hand side of the instrument cluster shows the power meter. I set it manually to Rev counter, but then after some time, when I start the car it goes back to power meter. Is there a way to permanently have the rev counter there?

I have the SW version 07/2020.25

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 06:58 AM   #2
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidusmt View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a thread.

I picked up my 320i two weeks ago and I noticed that by default, the right hand side of the instrument cluster shows the power meter. I set it manually to Rev counter, but then after some time, when I start the car it goes back to power meter. Is there a way to permanently have the rev counter there?

I have the SW version 07/2020.25

Thanks!

I don't know whether there have been any changes due to software, and it may be slightly different on my X5, but the power meter only appears in ECO PRO mode. Anything other than that and the Rev counter is displayed.

You can disable the different LIVE COCKPIT displays which change when you cycle between the different driving modes (ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT) in the iDrive, which means you will see the rev counter even in ECO PRO mode.

Does your car start by default in ECO PRO mode? If it does, then this could be why you're always seeing the power meter.

My X5 always starts in COMFORT mode, and I have to manually select ECO PRO or SPORT every time I start it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

Mine has the same issue and I really hate the power meter.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
tidusmt
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
Mine has the same issue and I really hate the power meter.
I still haven't been able to figure out when it switches back to the Power meter. It's not any regular interval, sometimes I start and stop the car 10 times and the Rev counter remains, and sometimes it reverts the next time. It's quite annoying, but I don't feel like going to the dealership for it
Appreciate 0