Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum 2019 BMW 3 Series G20 Configurator is Up! Post Your Build

01-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #155
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
I tend to agree with this. a 450hp inline 6 that effectively ends up costing you $30k extra isn't gonna get you through traffic or even around a winding road much faster, and well now you are $30k poorer not to mention the insurance / fuel. The inline 4 at this point with nearly 300 lb ft and 255hp is a lot of engine
You're incorrectly assuming that everyone else drives like you do.

340i is already too slow for my tastes acceleration wise.
Quote:
Quote:
I tend to agree with this. a 450hp inline 6 that effectively ends up costing you $30k extra isn't gonna get you through traffic or even around a winding road much faster, and well now you are $30k poorer not to mention the insurance / fuel. The inline 4 at this point with nearly 300 lb ft and 255hp is a lot of engine
You're incorrectly assuming that everyone else drives like you do.

340i is already too slow for my tastes acceleration wise.
I'm not assuming everyone does. but a lot of people do by necessity have to drive that slow. but for a large amount of people traffic is a thing. good for you that you live in no traffic ville buy for lots of people putting more power into a car barely Increases it's usefulness
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #156
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
I'm not assuming everyone does. but a lot of people do by necessity have to drive that slow. but for a large amount of people traffic is a thing. good for you that you live in no traffic ville buy for lots of people putting more power into a car barely Increases it's usefulness
I live in a city of millions. I don't like to be bullied around in traffic.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #157
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
I must have read the ordering guide wrong, or they updated it since it was last released. A lot of the options are required to be purchased as packages. The real car I want is only 50K but up to mid 50's due to package restrictions (you need package X to get feature Y).

BMW used to be much more flexible with this...
Yes.

All German brands went to "stupid" a couple of model years back, as they showed seemingly "stand alone" options with singular prices, but then in order to get those the buyer HAS to purchase certain packages that are thousands of dollars more.
The Germans have been pissing me off for a while now.
To get the HK audio you have to get the "premium pkg" and the "live cockpit".
Really?
You can't put in the better audio system without raping my bank account?
Somehow the same audio system that could be be a stand alone option now requires NAV and some fanciful "live cock pit" to work?
Yeah, sure it does.

So, for an $875 HK audio option, you need to pay $4400 for two packages just for the privilege of paying $875 more to add the HK audio.
That fake price of $875 for the HK audio is actually $5,275, because there is not such thing as the HK audio option at $875.

Frankly, that should be illegal, as it looks more like "bait" pricing than real pricing.
For FK sake just include, then, the damn HK audio into the "premium pkg," and charge the $3,675 without requiring the additional $1600 for the "live whatever the FK it is" thingy.
Since you need to have the Prem Pkg to have the HK audio, the put the fk'ing HK into the package already!

This isn't even nickle and dime tactics, it's downright lying, because you can't get the HK audio for $875 without a 700% increase in actual price.

Even before that though, once again BMW sells "premium" cars in the US and doesn't include the upgraded Audio or leather.

I want to come back to BMW and get out of my Audi S4, but I'm really sick and tired of BMW's petty games to keep making us pay more and more while giving deceptive advertised and claimed prices.
I like basic builds with the sport/performance options, and a nice audio system.
I have no problem at all with all of the fanciful tech options, "live cock pit", parking assist, whatever.
I have no use for those things so I don't want them, but I have to pay for them if I want a decent audio system.
That is fk'ed up.

I'm looking at $50K for a RWD 330i Msport with no leather.
With leather I can take it or leave it, especially since BMW leather in a 3 series isn't that great of quality to begin with.
My 2016 340i Msport was $52K and it had leather and HK audio.
Oddly, the 340i didn't require all of the packages to get the HK audio like the 330i.
For certain configurations, getting the 3.0 inline 6 engine isn't that much more expensive, because the 6 cylinder variants come with more standard options and packages that are charged for in the 4 cylinder variants.

BMW prices have increased substantially more, by percentage, than my salary.
The Genesis G70 will be at the top of my test drive list.
I'll test drive the new 3, but given what I see for pricing, I have a feeling the increased performance will not be enough to get me back into BMW.

Any, enough of my bitching.
Carry on.

Last edited by RPM90; 01-18-2019 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #158
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
To get the HK audio you have to get the "premium pkg" and the "live cockpit".
Really?

So, for an $875 HK audio option, you need to pay $4400 for two packages just for the privilege of paying $875 more to add the HK audio.
That fake price of $875 for the HK audio is actually $5,275, because there is not such thing as the HK audio option at $875.

Frankly, that should be illegal, as it looks more like "bait" pricing than real pricing.
For FK sake just include, then, the damn HK audio into the "premium pkg," and charge the $3,675 without requiring the additional $1600 for the "live whatever the FK it is" thingy.
Since you need to have the Prem Pkg to have the HK audio, the put the fk'ing HK into the package already!
So you'd be satisfied if the Premium Package price was raised by $875 but included HK audio? Seems like it's better to not demand someone choosing the Premium Package to have to pay for HK if they don't care for it.
      01-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #159
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
So you'd be satisfied if the Premium Package price was raised by $875 but included HK audio? Seems like it's better to not demand someone choosing the Premium Package to have to pay for HK if they don't care for it.
Or be able to choose only the HK stereo and not have to buy the Premium pkg.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

01-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #160
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Quote:
Or be able to choose only the HK stereo and not have to buy the Premium pkg.
Does any current BMW allow premium sound to be optioned with the base infotainment system? Perhaps there is a technical limitation of this combination?
      01-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #161
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

G20 330i's are starting to pop up on cars.com so they are definitely in bound. But we probably knew that already from NH the CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #162
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Does any current BMW allow premium sound to be optioned with the base infotainment system? Perhaps there is a technical limitation of this combination?

i'm guessing (and this is speculation on my part, I don't work at a car dealership or anything) that the take rate is fairly low. Since the h&k system needs a whole bunch of different parts since it has more speakers, tweeters, more door wiring etc, i'd guess its only worth it for them to let you buy it you are buying a super loaded car, as some business analyst has probably figured that most of the people who would buy it would be buying all of that stuff anyway.

Then they don't end up with a bunch of weird configs sitting on the showroom floor. Its probably why they have eliminated a ton of weird combos as it is (when i bought my 2013 328i m-sport.... one dealer got stuck with an estoril blue car, with red seats, and wood trim ..... that someone decided not to follow through on their order.... now that car isn't even possible..)

I mean in this case theres bound to be a car that ends up being a stripper with h&k on it and say no navigation or aany other options. A car that for most people buying a lease special stripper, would just be $900 more expensive for a stereo your average get the cheapest least person doesn't want to pay for.

If BMW had some sort of custom order that they contractually could make you buy or ordering was more like europe then I'd guess we could order whatever it is we want. I'd wish they would at least let you do that for euro delivery or something since you have to pay for the car before you go in that case.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:17 AM   #163
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I think 99% of the cars on local dealers lots have premium package here. They're not going to be able to easily sell a stripper with HK audio only to the next victim when custom order buyer bails. Probably not economical for them to create tests to validate that configuration if it's not worth offering.

As for the price increases...BMW is not a charity, it's a business. They don't owe us anything. There are other brand cars people can buy.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #164
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
If BMW had some sort of custom order that they contractually could make you buy or ordering was more like europe then I'd guess we could order whatever it is we want. I'd wish they would at least let you do that for euro delivery or something since you have to pay for the car before you go in that case.
It's the same coupling between HK and other premium stuff in europe (or at least in Germany), though.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #165
Mii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
I didn't see it in the US pricing/ordering guide, but the option code should be 7M9 for the "extended shadowline" option that gives you the black kidneys plus black-chrome exhaust tips.
Confirmed with local dealer and BMW NA, US model does not have 7M9 option. This option should have been included in M-Sport pack or STD pack (w/no-cost delete option) for people preferred chrome.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #166
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
I didn't see it in the US pricing/ordering guide, but the option code should be 7M9 for the "extended shadowline" option that gives you the black kidneys plus black-chrome exhaust tips.
Confirmed with local dealer and BMW NA, US model does not have 7M9 option. This option should have been included in M-Sport pack or STD pack (w/no-cost delete option) for people preferred chrome.
BMWNA specs most of the global option "extended shadow line" in the msport pack... (i think they only thing they don't include is the grills. Which they offer port installed....)
Appreciate 1
Mii387.50
      02-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #167
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I configured the G20 330i in Mineral White with the M sportpack and shadowline which we are going to order for my wife. However we are still unsure about the wheels. We are trying to figure out whether we should go for the 791 M 19" wheels in 'Jetblack' or 'bicolor Jetblack'. The problem is that we cannot find any photo were we can clearly see the 791 M 19" wheels in Jetblack and our dealer has an alpine white 320d with the 791 M 19" wheels in bicolor Jetblack. This car is in real life astonishing, the online photos and the configurator doesn't do it any justice. I am not a fan of the sportline though with the weird looking rotated T's on the front and the back bumper.

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the 791 M 19" wheels in 'jetblack'? Is it glossy black? Any opinions? I think that if it is glossy black that it will look amazing in combination with the mineral white.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #168
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
I am not a fan of the sportline though with the weird looking rotated T's on the front and the back bumper.
The four T's look identical, just rotated around for the front and back.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #169
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I configured the G20 330i in Mineral White with the M sportpack and shadowline which we are going to order for my wife. However we are still unsure about the wheels. We are trying to figure out whether we should go for the 791 M 19" wheels in 'Jetblack' or 'bicolor Jetblack'. The problem is that we cannot find any photo were we can clearly see the 791 M 19" wheels in Jetblack and our dealer has an alpine white 320d with the 791 M 19" wheels in bicolor Jetblack. This car is in real life astonishing, the online photos and the configurator doesn't do it any justice. I am not a fan of the sportline though with the weird looking rotated T's on the front and the back bumper.

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the 791 M 19" wheels in 'jetblack'? Is it glossy black? Any opinions? I think that if it is glossy black that it will look amazing in combination with the mineral white.
Just an opinion. I hate solid black wheels. They make it look like you have a “black hole” at each corner of the car. I’m a pretty big fan of the bi-color wheels. The “silver” trim provides a nice contrast to the black.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

02-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #170
theoneman101
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mercedes C300

Quote:

You're in luck, mineral white with shadow line and black mirrors and wheels:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      02-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #171
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneman101 View Post
You're in luck, mineral white with shadow line and black mirrors and wheels:
thank you, this is beautiful!
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      02-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #172
theoneman101
Rep

Quote:
thank you, this is beautiful!
I agree. Very beautiful, can’t go wrong with the white and black contrast. I’m thinking of Portimao Blue with shadow line (black mirrors, black kidneys and black wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #173
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep

Here's blue with black rims. Probably the top contender for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #174
theoneman101
Rep

Quote:
Here's blue with black rims. Probably the top contender for me.
Very nice, I'm still not convinced the all black rims are nicer than the two tone ones. The two tone contrast is pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #175
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

I hope they bring back Le Mans Blue in the future. I personally love deep blue's. Not the lighter shades BMW is offering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #176
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]