Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Dealership wants me to trade my M3 for an M340i

09-17-2020, 11:34 AM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

really doesn't matter what we think, right? I would go drive it and see what you think. The tech is pretty awesome and they are super fun to drive, def a dif feel over your M. Only you will be able to do what is best

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #24
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
They want a Tanzanite over Silverstone, and why wouldn't they want one of the all time best combos on the F80??

OP, this really comes down to WHY did you get the M3 in an Individual color if you weren't planning to keep it forever? Granted, it's not like the car is Signal Green or a similarly polarizing color, but ask yourself:

- Was it speed? The M340i is likely to be plenty.
- Was it to track? Keep the M3.
- Was it style? Up to you entirely then.
- Was it value? KEEP the M3!

And if I'm really late on this response, please feel free to ignore me entirely
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #25
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
really doesn't matter what we think, right? I would go drive it and see what you think. The tech is pretty awesome and they are super fun to drive, def a dif feel over your M. Only you will be able to do what is best
You hit the nail on the head!

Personally, I won't do it. I still missed my M3 occasionally.
Though, since I have another fun car, M340i xDrive will be my choice of a daily vehicle.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10710.50
      11-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #26
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Dealer wants your M3, because they see more value in it and opportunities to make money.

M3>>340i period, could care less about tech, the cheaper plastic/rubbery interior in G20 drives me crazy for a 65K car.

Keep the M3

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 11:06 AM   #27
toddm
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

M340ix advantages:

1.)More comfortable
2.)Just as fast
3.)Less drone on the highway
4.)All wheel drive

If you are a track guy then keep the M3.

I'm contemplating the same swap right now.
Appreciate 1
Ikester192120.50
      11-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #28
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddm View Post
M340ix advantages:

1.)More comfortable
2.)Just as fast
3.)Less drone on the highway
4.)All wheel drive

If you are a track guy then keep the M3.

I'm contemplating the same swap right now.
The dealership has now emailed me 3 times and sent letters about this "deal", even though IVe emailed them twice to tell them it's a downgrade. I'm 80% sure I'm keeping the M3, and if I don't it won't be for an m340.

Nothing wrong with that car, just really enjoy the full M cars much more. I've owned 2 M3s and several M sport vehicles.

There is maybe a 15% chance I turn it in and try to find a lease swap on an M3 CS and a 5% chance I hold out for the new M3. Still not loving the front of the new one, but the performance figures are pretty stellar.

My car is still at 23K miles, Bootmod3 and great individual paint color combo. I think it will hold its value much better than a new 340 since my buyout is roughly $52K.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #29
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
The dealership has now emailed me 3 times and sent letters about this "deal", even though IVe emailed them twice to tell them it's a downgrade. I'm 80% sure I'm keeping the M3, and if I don't it won't be for an m340.

Nothing wrong with that car, just really enjoy the full M cars much more. I've owned 2 M3s and several M sport vehicles.

There is maybe a 15% chance I turn it in and try to find a lease swap on an M3 CS and a 5% chance I hold out for the new M3. Still not loving the front of the new one, but the performance figures are pretty stellar.

My car is still at 23K miles, Bootmod3 and great individual paint color combo. I think it will hold its value much better than a new 340 since my buyout is roughly $52K.
M badged cars hold their value longer. It's just a proven fact. If they're willing to go above market, it might make financial sense to trade it in but it seems like you're happy. That is except you keep coming back to this thread to mull it over...

Did you test drive an m340? You can tune the B58 to be pretty powerful, but it's not an M. Test drive an X3M and feel out the S58 (G80) will drive.

If the only reason you'd change cars is because they're pestering you, then you should just ignore them. If you're genuinely curious, then go on some test drives... If you're not convinced and they're not falling over themselves with the offer (monetarily)... don't do it.
      11-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #30
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post

M badged cars hold their value longer. It's just a proven fact. If they're willing to go above market, it might make financial sense to trade it in but it seems like you're happy. That is except you keep coming back to this thread to mull it over...

Did you test drive an m340? You can tune the B58 to be pretty powerful, but it's not an M. Test drive an X3M and feel out the S58 (G80) will drive.

If the only reason you'd change cars is because they're pestering you, then you should just ignore them. If you're genuinely curious, then go on some test drives... If you're not convinced and they're not falling over themselves with the offer (monetarily)... don't do it.
I'm not mulling it over, just coming back when I get notification that there are replies. I can see through the dealership's tactics, and was just curious how common it was.

That said, I'm constantly looking for the next deal on a car. At this point, an M3 CS or M5 Comp are probably the only 2 cars that would make me switch given I find a phenomenal deal. I've even considered a 3 year old Alpina B7, but the maintenance and depreciation seem to be killer.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #31
born_on_halloween
Bayerische Motoren Werke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive PB

Dealers are more or less crooks, trust your worst enemy but not them.
I have dealt with a lot of them and they are just one breed.
I especially realized this after getting a new Crosstrek to wife...

They are in it for the money, they couldn't care less of giving you a `deal` if it wasn't for them to make money.
Retired - 2015 335 xDrive Mineral Gray, M-sport manual
Appreciate 0