Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Randy Moss is a freak

11-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #23
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by day1yun View Post
I think randy moss makes almost any quarterback look better except in Oakland (they were hopeless and Moss didn't even try). They just have to throw a catchable pass and he'll grab it. Daunte Culpepper's numbers were amazing with moss on the team in Minnesota, then look what happened...he sucks. You can say that it was due to injury, but i think a lot of it has to do with him not having a person like Moss to throw it to. Marvin Harrison is good but I think even Manning's numbers will be amazing if he had Randy Moss. To conclude, I think Randy Moss is just as important to the team as Tom Brady is.
No doubt. You are correct. But do not say Brady needs him in order to be doing good. I think with Stalleworth, Welker and a few others they would easily be 9-1 or maybe even still 10-0. The defense is crazy right now aswell.

Brady has had mediocre receivers and won Superbowls. So sure in Mannings case he needs good recievers. Brady not the case, he just has skill.
      11-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

It's been awhile since we saw a 16-0 team...let it be this year...

I'm a Skins fan but i'll cheer on NE to go perfect and win it all...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #25
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
It's been awhile since we saw a 16-0 team...let it be this year...

I'm a Skins fan but i'll cheer on NE to go perfect and win it all...
There has never been a 16-0 team for the season. Dolphins went 14-0 since there was 2 less games in the 70's. Then they went 17-0 and Superbowl win.

But I agree that record needs to be broken even if it wasn't the Patriots this year I would cheer a 10-0 team on, unless it was Indy.

Reason being is that whole Dolphins team and Shula are douchebags. They think they are the shit and are really pompous about it and then Shula says shit about Patriots record tainted? WTF is that bullshit.

Also, one quick fact, None of the teams they went against in the season were playoff teams and had horrible win/loss records.
      11-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #26
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
There has never been a 16-0 team for the season. Dolphins went 14-0 since there was 2 less games in the 70's. Then they went 17-0 and Superbowl win.

But I agree that record needs to be broken even if it wasn't the Patriots this year I would cheer a 10-0 team on, unless it was Indy.

Reason being is that whole Dolphins team and Shula are douchebags. They think they are the shit and are really pompous about it and then Shula says shit about Patriots record tainted? WTF is that bullshit.

Also, one quick fact, None of the teams they went against in the season were playoff teams and had horrible win/loss records.

Werd, i stand corrected...forgot they only played 14 games then...

I do hope the Patriots have a perfect season, going to make the Superbowl a huge huge hit...esp. if they play against Dallas

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #27
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Werd, i stand corrected...forgot they only played 14 games then...

I do hope the Patriots have a perfect season, going to make the Superbowl a huge huge hit...esp. if they play against Dallas
oh no. Maybe ratings wise Dallas will be a better Superbowl matchup. But in greatness and just crazy QB's i'd say Pats vs Green Bay.

I like both QB's and would be an amazing game especialyl for Favre if it is his last year.
      11-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #28
isabayo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
No doubt. You are correct. But do not say Brady needs him in order to be doing good. I think with Stalleworth, Welker and a few others they would easily be 9-1 or maybe even still 10-0. The defense is crazy right now aswell.

Brady has had mediocre receivers and won Superbowls. So sure in Mannings case he needs good recievers. Brady not the case, he just has skill.
I never said Brady needs Moss to do well, I'm just saying a large reason why his numbers are what they are right now is because of Moss. You can argue that their first superbowl should've never happened with that tuck rule. But regardless, they won the game. I'm just playing the devils advocate here but until late last season and this season Manning has never had a defense to rely on. Brady has always been an awesome qb but also could rely on a very good defense during those championship years. In addition, I think Moss is a much better receiver in terms of skill than Harrison is, and thats saying a lot.
I'm just trying to defend Manning a bit here because you seem to be attacking his skills. With the number of injuries their team as suffered its amazing they're still winning games. Think about it, almost their whole o-line is injured, they're on their 3rd or 4th string left tackle. Numbers 1,3,and 4 receivers injuired....

if and when all players on both teams are healthy, it should be a fun game to watch in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #29
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
montana/rice or brady/moss...which is better???
moss tastes funny so i'll stick to rice
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #30
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
moss tastes funny so i'll stick to rice

+1!!!

and GO COLTS! lol bc Ne get so heated over everything.. ur team is Amazing... done point made! now i wanna see a underdog come up and strip them like little whining girls they are!

:::Flamesuit On:::
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #31
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i4u2nv View Post