Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Brake fluid change in 2001 warning??

12-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #45
Cold Cold Heart
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Try telling them that BMW Genius told you there was a new software version that fixes the problem and to go and have a bloody look on their system. I had to escalate and kick up a bit of a stink to get mine done 11/2019.34

Or try another dealer...?
Tricky6, Thank you. I have now booked the car into a Bedford dealership. The guys in Northampton really can't be bothered.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:14 PM   #46
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Cold Heart View Post
Quote:
Try telling them that BMW Genius told you there was a new software version that fixes the problem and to go and have a bloody look on their system. I had to escalate and kick up a bit of a stink to get mine done 11/2019.34

Or try another dealer...?
Tricky6, Thank you. I have now booked the car into a Bedford dealership. The guys in Northampton really can't be bothered.
I had similar with Cooper in Reading. They were the supplying dealer through my lease company (rather than my local in Hungerford) but couldn't have been less helpful when I took it back with the Brake Fluid error only 2 weeks after delivery. Quoted me a 3 week wait and needed the car the whole day.

My Hungerford dealer are more helpful but no better clued up on bugs, software versions, release notes etc.

It's a pretty poor reflection on BMW UK really. I know their cars are getting increasingly complex and if there's a software bug a dealer isn't going to fix it but even if they had a friendly "helper" on this site they'd get loads of feedback to identify problems from us (mostly) keen owners. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Good luck with your new dealer!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #47
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
I had similar with Cooper in Reading. They were the supplying dealer through my lease company (rather than my local in Hungerford) but couldn't have been less helpful when I took it back with the Brake Fluid error only 2 weeks after delivery. Quoted me a 3 week wait and needed the car the whole day.

My Hungerford dealer are more helpful but no better clued up on bugs, software versions, release notes etc.

It's a pretty poor reflection on BMW UK really. I know their cars are getting increasingly complex and if there's a software bug a dealer isn't going to fix it but even if they had a friendly "helper" on this site they'd get loads of feedback to identify problems from us (mostly) keen owners. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Good luck with your new dealer!
I’m with Dick Lovett Swindon ( same dealership as yours in Hungerford I believe Tricky) and they’ve been pretty sympathetic and helpful. My car is in tomorrow for the 11/2019.34 update after popping in last Thursday to discuss Connected Drive issues etc
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #48
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

I've reset the brake fluid warning using the instructions below:

Quote:
G20 BMW Oil Change Reset Instructions:

1. Turn off Engine

2. Press Start/Stop Engine button (Ignition button) 3 times very quickly

3. On your dash, after 10 seconds or so, it will say you are in Diagnostic Mode

4. Hold trip reset button (The button on the side of turn signal lever) and wait 20 seconds or so until the oil reset option comes up

5. If you press the button without holding it, you will be able to cycle through all the options, like brake fluid reset and other resets. The first option is the oil change reset option. It will either say “Reset Possible” or “Reset Impossible”. When you cycle to this menu, hold trip reset button for 10 seconds or so and it will say “Reset?”, press and hold trip reset button again after seeing that it says “Reset?” to reset.

6. Switch off car by pressing Start/Stop Engine button to exit diagnostic mode.

7. Your oil change has been reset.

However I'm still without all functions on the BMW Connected app!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #49
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Aaand a few days after resetting the brake fluid my functions on BMW connected are working again?!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #50
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just back from the dealer after latest software installation.
Now on 11.2019.40
Still no journey stats on either iOS app or Connected Drive Portal.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #51
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Just back from the dealer after latest software installation.
Now on 11.2019.40
Still no journey stats on either iOS app or Connected Drive Portal.
We need to coordinate our updates!? Yeah, DL are helpful but mostly clueless on software stuff. Did they indicate the "benefit" of .40 vs. .34? Yet another dealer visit...!?

Funnily I had a loan car from Europcar a few weeks back and they still keep phoning me as they can't locate it. It was returned on the same day it was borrowed and they have confirmed they have the keys. I left it right near the service bay.

After 3 calls of telling them the same thing I've had to escalate via Arval to stop them bugging me. I don't have the car. It was left at the BMW dealership. You have the keys. Do I know where the car is? No. This is now 2 weeks after I left it but Europcar are still trying to charge for rental...!?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 01:27 AM   #52
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We need to coordinate our updates!? Yeah, DL are helpful but mostly clueless on software stuff. Did they indicate the "benefit" of .40 vs. .34? Yet another dealer visit...!?

Funnily I had a loan car from Europcar a few weeks back and they still keep phoning me as they can't locate it. It was returned on the same day it was borrowed and they have confirmed they have the keys. I left it right near the service bay.

After 3 calls of telling them the same thing I've had to escalate via Arval to stop them bugging me. I don't have the car. It was left at the BMW dealership. You have the keys. Do I know where the car is? No. This is now 2 weeks after I left it but Europcar are still trying to charge for rental...!?
I’m on my sixth BMW from DL and have nurtured a good relationship over the last fifteen years. I have few issues other than them trying to stiff me for replacement discs (55,000 miles)just before the three year contracts are up.

My car was picked up yesterday and dropped off by the old fella team so I haven’t had chance to talk with a Techie.
Connected Drive didnt fully worked on my last two 5 series either but tbh I only use it for sending destinations and now pre-conditioning.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #53
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

My car was delivered with the warning in September, the garage 'fixed' it and no problems until....

Today I received this on my iPhone from the Connected app
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #54
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
My car was delivered with the warning in September, the garage 'fixed' it and no problems until....

Have you had an iDrive software upgrade since purchase? I'll probably jinx it now but since 11/2019.34 (about 2 weeks ago) I've not had the brake fluid error come back...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #55
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post

Have you had an iDrive software upgrade since purchase? I'll probably jinx it now but since 11/2019.34 (about 2 weeks ago) I've not had the brake fluid error come back...
No update so will book it in early next year and see how it fares 👍
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #56
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

I reset the brake fluid bug about 3 days ago and just now it’s popped back up but the last time I went around 2 weeks before the bug came back.

I’m trying to work out if there’s a pattern or something I do that triggers this.

Anyone else with any ideas?

My cars in for a software update with the dealer on the 27th but reading other posts it doesn’t rectify any bugs so looks like we could be stuck with this bug for a little while.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 03:06 AM   #57
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
I reset the brake fluid bug about 3 days ago and just now it’s popped back up but the last time I went around 2 weeks before the bug came back.

I’m trying to work out if there’s a pattern or something I do that triggers this.

Anyone else with any ideas?

My cars in for a software update with the dealer on the 27th but reading other posts it doesn’t rectify any bugs so looks like we could be stuck with this bug for a little while.
The “11.xxx” software update onwards does fix it. BMW formally acknowledged it was fixed from then onwards. If you’ve had a software update before November it won’t sort it. November onwards it’s fixed. Mine has been fine for a good 4 weeks maybe 5 now...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 03:55 AM   #58
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It’s about the only thing the 11/2019.40 does fix.
I can’t get any stars through the Portal. Never worked despite deleting/restoring of both Portal and Connected Drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #59
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Mine was in today for the latest update.

I was warned by the BMW technician that I shouldn’t of reset the brake fluid warning as the reset resets other thing in the iDrive and the system info of the car.

He didn’t go in to much detail just stressed that anyone getting this fault to contact your local service agent to update the firmware and not to just ignore the fault.

Make of that what you will.

As for the service received from my local BMW service centre, I can’t praise them enough.

From the second I walked in I was treated brilliantly and when I got my call to say my car was ready for collection the clean, polish and hovering out of the car made it look like I was collecting a brand new car again.

As for the update, I guess I’ll need to see if it’s sorted the little niggles I was getting so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #60
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Had the car since November, and this morning the car is overdue a brake fluid service by 19 years... still on 07.19.55 software so will get it booked in for the wing mirror which clicks as it opens/shuts and this 'service'. Also got a charging cable recall pop up the other day but not too worried about that as I'm the only one who uses the plug and it fits my socket nicely.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:33 AM   #61
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Had the car since November, and this morning the car is overdue a brake fluid service by 19 years... still on 07.19.55 software so will get it booked in for the wing mirror which clicks as it opens/shuts and this 'service'. Also got a charging cable recall pop up the other day but not too worried about that as I'm the only one who uses the plug and it fits my socket nicely.
I’m not bothered about the cable either. Slightly annoying that you can’t delete the warning which I guess will keep popping up until the dealer deletes it at the next service
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #62
dustycorner1930
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Guess what? Error message has popped up on my G20 330e again today.

I have reset it 4 times since delivery but it won't let me do it now and does not give me the option to reset anymore.

Car delivered on 7th December 2019

Software version 07/2019.55
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #63
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustycorner1930 View Post
Guess what? Error message has popped up on my G20 330e again today.

I have reset it 4 times since delivery but it won't let me do it now and does not give me the option to reset anymore.

Car delivered on 7th December 2019

Software version 07/2019.55
So your car was delivered with obsolete software package. That’s shabby.
My 330e was updated at the dealer to 11/2019.40 on 17/12/19

This has probably already been superseded I’m sure.
You need your dealer to do the update to cure the warning. My car has been fine since.

I’m quite amazed that they didn’t update you before delivery. This is a well documented glitch.

Last edited by Vossy; 02-27-2020 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: to include update date
Appreciate 0