Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Connected Drive down?

12-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #23
DayTimer
Rep
Drives: G20 320d M-Sport

Mine didn't log in fully this morning, it showed my car under a blanket as if about to be revealed! All clear and working this afternoon but my favourite satnav locations are gone again! This is a pain!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #24
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Connected Drive is not fit for purpose.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #25
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Connected Drive is not fit for purpose.
I’ve given up using the app now, not reliable
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 03:02 PM   #26
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

My cars charging and will be fully charged by 12:00 tonight according to my dash but the shitty app says “Not Charging”.

Tried force stopping the app and launching again but still states “Not Charging” as well as the web remote cockpit.

My cars in for a software update on the 27th but can’t help but feel that an amazing car is being seriously let down by connected drive and it’s dog shit app.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #27
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
My cars charging and will be fully charged by 12:00 tonight according to my dash but the shitty app says “Not Charging”.

Tried force stopping the app and launching again but still states “Not Charging” as well as the web remote cockpit.

My cars in for a software update on the 27th but can’t help but feel that an amazing car is being seriously let down by connected drive and it’s dog shit app.
Same shoite here. My cars hooked up to the Pod Point and shows 16% charged at 4:16pm. Won’t update on the App but shows something completely different on the Portal.
On the Portal I can only see weather. If I click on “Set departure time” I only have the option to “Precondition now”
I have no data under “ Efficiency”. No data for “Fuel saved for all journeys” or “Electric distance driven for all journeys”
Never worked at all.
On the Apple app I can locate vehicle,climatisation now and charge and set climatisation. I can also send destinations to the car. Charge status is patchy and often frozen.
I’ve deleted and re installed but same issues.

I’m running the latest software 11/2019.40
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #28
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

.......and you’re on the latest update and still having these issues?.........

I’m giving up on the app and removing it from my home screen Until things improve (if they ever do that is)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #29
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnzieÂ’s BM View Post
.......and you’re on the latest update and still having these issues?.........

I’m giving up on the app and removing it from my home screen Until things improve (if they ever do that is)
I suggested that BMW should have a "status" page to the Connecteddrive staff so that we all know there are system issues.

It's a lovely car badly let down by flaky software.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #30
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Picture the scene.........

Your cars stolen and your latest location shows the space where your beloved car stood where you left it now untraceable because connected drive is a pile of wank.

Apologies for my negativity guys but connected drive has been unreliable more than reliable in the first 3 months of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 05:22 PM   #31
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Picture the scene.........

Your cars stolen and your latest location shows the space where your beloved car stood where you left it now untraceable because connected drive is a pile of wank.

Apologies for my negativity guys but connected drive has been unreliable more than reliable in the first 3 months of ownership.
Burnzie, it didn’t work properly on my last two 5 series either.
I put up with it because I liked the facility to send destinations to the car and could live without the stats. However six years down the line it’s not unreasonable to expect BMW to have fixed it by now. It’s the itch I can’t scratch
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #32
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

The pile of dog shit they laughable call “CONNECTED Drive” isn’t updating again......
well, for me at least.

I do hope the BMW sales force aren’t using this as a USP.

I’ll go back under my rock now.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #33
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The pile of dog shit they laughable call “CONNECTED Drive” isn’t updating again......
well, for me at least.

I do hope the BMW sales force aren’t using this as a USP.

I’ll go back under my rock now.
Oh don't worry! You must shout up.

Not for me either. Now I do have total mileage, but the doors are unlocked (they are NOT) and its not charging (Oh yes it is).

I agree with your comment about the sales force!. What customers need is a simple website detailing what is working and what is not. But its as if its a secret. No Google Maps send to vehicle either at present.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #34
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Very odd. Mines working ( not with journey stats. Never has) but my expectations are so low I’m almost happy with the useless thing
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #35
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I’ve given up showing friends the Connected Drive app as it so hit and miss.

In the office last week:

“Here it even shows you were you car is just in case you can’t find it............”

“So your cars nearly 30 odd miles away at the moment then Andy?.............”

*Closes app

*Crestfallen
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #36
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Mine stopped updating the location and status at about 10am this morning. Maybe it's taking Christmas off!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 04:14 AM   #37
Triggsuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSport+

Mine's stopped as well, I emailed connected drive and they went through the following
- Go into apps and then 'update apps and services'
- Reset idrive by holding down the power button until the screen goes off and on
- delete the app on phone and reinstall

It started working a couple of times, but then dies again. They have now asked me to take it in to have the software looked at, I think I'm on the older 07/2019.40 so I hoped the update may fix it but it doesn't sound like it
      12-24-2019, 04:59 AM   #38
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggsuk View Post
Mine's stopped as well, I emailed connected drive and they went through the following
- Go into apps and then 'update apps and services'
- Reset idrive by holding down the power button until the screen goes off and on
- delete the app on phone and reinstall

It started working a couple of times, but then dies again. They have now asked me to take it in to have the software looked at, I think I'm on the older 07/2019.40 so I hoped the update may fix it but it doesn't sound like it
It won’t make the slightest bit of difference. I’m on the latest 11/2019.40 software. No improvement.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 07:33 AM   #39
Triggsuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
It won’t make the slightest bit of difference. I’m on the latest 11/2019.40 software. No improvement.
I hear you - I'll take it in after Christmas and see what they suggest, if I get anywhere I will let you know.
      12-30-2019, 03:05 AM   #40
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoore View Post
Mine stopped updating the location and status at about 10am this morning. Maybe it's taking Christmas off!
Connecteddrive has been terrible over the past few weeks. It tells me my car isn't charging (It is), that the doors are unlocked (they are not) but this morning it tells me "My Vehicle is in motion" and so cant give any results. (Its been sitting in my garage for 2 days)

Getting beyond a joke.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 03:21 AM   #41
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post
Connecteddrive has been terrible over the past few weeks. It tells me my car isn't charging (It is), that the doors are unlocked (they are not) but this morning it tells me "My Vehicle is in motion" and so cant give any results. (Its been sitting in my garage for 2 days)

Getting beyond a joke.
My car hadn’t updated since 4:45pm yesterday but when I sent “Climatise now” it updated the status.
As I’ve said previously on different threads the “Journey Statistics” on the ConnectedDrive Portal have never worked.
Great car, crap App( 2* rated on the App store)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:47 AM   #42
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine came back from the dealer after having the latest firmware update to the iDrive and I can confirm that it fixes nothing in relation to Connected Drive.

It only seems to update randomly as yesterday it was showing my cars location on the motorway some 4 miles away from where my car is actually parked on my driveway.

I’ve stopped relying on it now and only use it to pre condition the car in the mornings.

Considering on the App Store they state that they update the app regularly.......... obviously the app developers don’t have a BMW, don’t use the app or don’t get owners to beta test the app.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 06:47 AM   #43
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

On the ConnectedDrive Portal Cockpit-Status page it says “set departure time.”Click on to it and you only have the option to “Precondition now”
Comedy gold
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 07:18 AM   #44
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Connected drive website been hit and miss for last few weeks but normally works if you reload and try logging in again.

With regards to the app, mine only seems to update when I stop the car but even then a few hours later I have checked the app and its says door or window open

Yet I go running out and its all locked

Only way I can force the app to update is using the remote 3D view!
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0