2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK G20 Coding

06-11-2020, 06:06 AM   #23
b19rak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tman999 View Post
Yes Zed advised me not to get the extra cold aircon .
That's probably because i told him to warn anyone that wants it first as it had to be reset back on mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #24
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by b19rak View Post
£80 from Zed Coding. He did mine.
The fella seen on Downshift Throttle?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 01:04 PM   #25
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b19rak View Post
£80 from Zed Coding. He did mine.
The fella seen on Downshift Throttle?
Yes that's the fella
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 1
OM3RTA391.00
      06-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #26
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Yes that's the fella
Thought I recognised the name
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #27
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Got some coding options added to the car today including assisted driving view and lane change assist. Works really well.

Options added:

Video in motion

Video via USB

Rear camera Tow hitch view

Change idrive Startup Emblem to BMW M

Enable one touch front window close when when door opened

Enable Comfort Plus Mode

Enable Sports Plus Mode

Enable Comfort Plus Mode options in Eco Pro Individual

Auto Start Stop Remembers Last Setting Memory

Enable tyre pressure and temperature display

Enable one click 5 indicator blink option in Exterior Lighting setting

Modify ambient light colours add any R G B colour to interior colours

Lane change assistant ( vehicle requires 5AS Driving assistant package)

Assisted Driving View
Hi

Does changing the ambient lighting colour change them in the footwells and roof led light or are the new colours on the dash only?

Thanks
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 05:18 AM   #28
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I've got a company car and i'm interested in a few of those options

Enable Comfort Plus Mode - What does this provide?
Enable Sports Plus Mode - What does this provide?
Enable Comfort Plus Mode options in Eco Pro Individual - What does this provide?

Enable one click 5 indicator blink option in Exterior Lighting setting
Modify ambient light colours add any R G B colour to interior colours

Is this not standard? - I can see this on my 330e display
Enable tyre pressure and temperature display

I have DAP option fitted, I can see the driving view in cluster and info in HUD. What extra does this provide?

Lane change assistant ( vehicle requires 5AS Driving assistant package)
Assisted Driving View
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #29
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
Hi

Does changing the ambient lighting colour change them in the footwells and roof led light or are the new colours on the dash only?

Thanks
Hi

Changing the ambient lighting colour changes the footwells, roof led lights and dash lighting.
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 2
Andy3661121.50
jav_ski86.00
      06-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #30
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
Hi

Thanks
Hi

Changing the ambient lighting colour changes the footwells, roof led lights and dash lighting.
Thanks
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #31
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Might have to ping Zed about some coding on my M340 after reading the above.

Previously I’ve just used BimmerCode but I know with esys you can do loads more.

I’ve used BimmerCode before with my F31 335 and wanted to code some options onto my M340 tonight so thought I’d have a go (I’ve got a v-gate WiFi obd dongle) but I keep getting timeouts 😪

Has anyone else had the same on their G20/G21?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:10 AM   #32
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post

Previously I’ve just used BimmerCode but I know with esys you can do loads more.

I’ve used BimmerCode before with my F31 335 and wanted to code some options onto my M340 tonight so thought I’d have a go (I’ve got a v-gate WiFi obd dongle) but I keep getting timeouts 😪

Just spotted from reading another thread over on X3 Bimmers that you can actually code the ambient lighting with Bimmercode it can only be done via ethernet though.

I've ordered an OBDII ethernet cable and adapter for my iPhone so will report back!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 04:36 AM   #33
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:

With the expert mode in BimmerCode you can change most things that you can via esys. I've been using it without any problems and I've not found anything I can't do

Quote:
Just spotted from reading another thread over on X3 Bimmers that you can actually code the ambient lighting with Bimmercode it can only be done via ethernet though.

I've ordered an OBDII ethernet cable and adapter for my iPhone so will report back!
Do you not have ambient lighting anyway? It came as standard on mine but you can change the colours with bimmercode if say you wanted red which isn't available as standard as it's used to highlight a door is open.
      06-18-2020, 06:15 AM   #34
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
With the expert mode in BimmerCode you can change most things that you can via esys. I've been using it without any problems and I've not found anything I can't do

Do you not have ambient lighting anyway? It came as standard on mine but you can change the colours with bimmercode if say you wanted red which isn't available as standard as it's used to highlight a door is open.
Yeah I know you can change more things in expert mode - I did that with my F31.

I do have ambient lighting yes - it was the colour change I wanted. Seems the colour change is not supported with a wifi or bluetooth OBDII adapter like I currently have and only works with via ethernet.

According to X3 Bimmers, you can't access the FEM module without an ethernet cable...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #35
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know you can change more things in expert mode - I did that with my F31.

I do have ambient lighting yes - it was the colour change I wanted. Seems the colour change is not supported with a wifi or bluetooth OBDII adapter like I currently have and only works with via ethernet.

According to X3 Bimmers, you can't access the FEM module without an ethernet cable...
I already had the ethernet cable from my F31 so I just bought the lighning adapter to connect it to my phone to use Bimmercode.

I always used esys with the F31 but Bimmercode is so much easier
      06-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #36
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I already had the ethernet cable from my F31 so I just bought the lighning adapter to connect it to my phone to use Bimmercode.

I always used esys with the F31 but Bimmercode is so much easier
Makes sense - just tried with Bimmercode to double check and the Body Domain Controller is not accessible so confirms ethernet only.

When it arrives tomorrow I'll give it a go - looking forward to changing the 'bronze' setting to the M lighting - red at the top and cyan blue at the bottom
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #37
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense - just tried with Bimmercode to double check and the Body Domain Controller is not accessible so confirms ethernet only.

When it arrives tomorrow I'll give it a go - looking forward to changing the 'bronze' setting to the M lighting - red at the top and cyan blue at the bottom
Some functions are also only available with the pre-release versions of Bimmercode, you just need to sign up to be a beta tester.

Do you have a list of the changes needed for the M lighting?
      06-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #38
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Some functions are also only available with the pre-release versions of Bimmercode, you just need to sign up to be a beta tester.

Do you have a list of the changes needed for the M lighting?
Didn't know they had a beta - any idea where to sign up? Just had a quick look and couldnt see anywhere.

These are what folks have done over on X3Bimmers - https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681464

Basically just changing the upper lighting to red and the lower to cyan blue - hoping I can do this without the beta version!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 10:06 AM   #39
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Didn't know they had a beta - any idea where to sign up? Just had a quick look and couldnt see anywhere.

These are what folks have done over on X3Bimmers - https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681464

Basically just changing the upper lighting to red and the lower to cyan blue - hoping I can do this without the beta version!
Cheers, I'll have a look. To join the beta program you just send them an email from within bimmercode asking to join. They reply with a link.
      06-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #40
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:

So it looks like there is a lot more options available for the X3 than the G2.
https://bimmercode.app/cars/g01/
https://bimmercode.app/cars/g20/

Ambient lighting is only shown for the g01 (X3). So for our cars we'd need to know what to change in expert mode.

The are other things the x3 guys can do with bimmercode such as change the rear wiper interval I'd like to be able to do.
      06-19-2020, 12:56 AM   #41
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Ambient lighting is only shown for the g01 (X3). So for our cars we'd need to know what to change in expert mode.

The are other things the x3 guys can do with bimmercode such as change the rear wiper interval I'd like to be able to do.
Damn 😢 I hadn’t looked up whether you could do it on our cars I just assumed you could.

As you say expert mode would be the only way. I spent about an hour researching last night to no avail. On these forums there is some info about doing it via esys but it seems like a right pain.

I’ve emailed bimmercode support as I want to be a beta tester anyhow and I’ve asked them if they have plans to bring it to the app.

Fingers crossed!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 01:15 AM   #42
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Just got a reply from bimmercode - literally 5 minutes after I sent the email!

It’s good news - the ambient lighting settings are coming to BimmerCode for the G20 3 series - not sure when yet but great news all the same.

I wonder if we will be able to adjust the upper and lower portions like how the white/blue ambient light setting works now...

Taking delivery of my new Ethernet cable today so I look forward to faster coding with bimmercode.

Any recommendations of what to code?

I’m thinking -

Disable camera warnings
Remember start stop setting

Is there anything else worth doing?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 03:23 AM   #43
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

I emailed him last night about adjusting the rear wiper intermittent speed in expert mode and he said he'd look into it. It wipes every other second which is far to frequent when you are driving.

There is very little information around about what to change for coding the g20. It seems with esys people use the cheat sheets most of the time so don't know the actual codes to change.

Have a look through the standard bimmercode options and see what you want. Some things I've done are adjusting the audible lock signal so it is more discreet, display tyre temperature along with pressure, remove the diesel logo, change the default driving mode (I went for Adaptive but many people choose sport), adjusted the mirror tilt on reverse to be a little less (60%), video in motion and a few other things.

From memory in expert mode I added the M badge on the instrument cluster and added Comfort+ mode.
      06-19-2020, 05:07 AM   #44
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I emailed him last night about adjusting the rear wiper intermittent speed in expert mode and he said he'd look into it. It wipes every other second which is far to frequent when you are driving.

There is very little information around about what to change for coding the g20. It seems with esys people use the cheat sheets most of the time so don't know the actual codes to change.

Have a look through the standard bimmercode options and see what you want. Some things I've done are adjusting the audible lock signal so it is more discreet, display tyre temperature along with pressure, remove the diesel logo, change the default driving mode (I went for Adaptive but many people choose sport), adjusted the mirror tilt on reverse to be a little less (60%), video in motion and a few other things.

From memory in expert mode I added the M badge on the instrument cluster and added Comfort+ mode.
Thanks - I'll have a look at those. I have an M340 so some things will be a bit different. The discreet lock noise will be useful - my wife was saying the other day that it's a bit loud.

I've also found you can code a zoom option for the rear camera and equaliser settings for the stereo
Appreciate 0