del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1985 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harny86 View Post
I was looking at a different car at a different garage which was 1000 pound less. lloyd bmw then said ares is a better car as it has m sport plus,bigger wheels black grill harmon kardon.so then I have drove it away and realised hense why I emailed them so I have it in black and white now that they said it had.
Seems like lloyds bmw fobbing off cars other than advertised again.
Yeah. I've seen Lloyd's come up so many times in this and other forums and never good!
      08-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #24
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Yeah. I've seen Lloyd's come up so many times in this and other forums and never good!
Have a look at one of my first posts for my experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #25
Harny86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Quote:
see what they say when they call tomorrow. I'm sure they carnt retrofit a hk into the car
They can't retrofit HK.

To upgrade the base speakers and amp will cost you between £1-2k if you can't DIY. And that will void part of your warranty. They won't offer you anything like that in compensation.

Hand it back and look for another car. Tech pack is what your looking for in your next car. It's a common package and most dealers will have ticked it when building cars for stock.

You have evidence stating that it has HK when they sold you the car and 14 days to return it. If the dealer doesn't budge, then if leased/PCP go straight to BMW finance - they will be worried because of mis selling as I presume HK was built into the finance package. BMW finance are quite good at pushing dealers to sort out the mess as they own the car.

Dealer hasn't got a leg to stand on so be firm and don't accept any BS free deals like a service pack which is worth less than HK (because you will only use the service pack once or twice in 3/4 years)

Good luck.
I appreciate this and everyone one thank you for giving me advice
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #26
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Have a look at one of my first posts for my experience with them.
I just read them. What a shocker! Glad you got your money back and found an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 04:48 PM   #27
Kleev
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

That really is disgraceful, they are blatantly lying in the email that the speakers won't have Harman Kardon label on them. They are very clearly labelled in my car.

As others have said, you want the tech pack. It is the most common pack of them all. There's zero reason why you can't find a car with HK system. You also get the HUD which is amazing.

Take it back, I'd also reprimand them for mis selling to you, either demand they get you a car with the spec you want or I'd take my business elsewhere.
Appreciate 1
G20NZ34.50
      08-24-2020, 02:24 AM   #28
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleev View Post
either demand they get you a car with the spec you want or I'd take my business elsewhere.
I'd be already taking my business elsewhere at this point. Why give them a chance to mess up again?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 02:25 AM   #29
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleev View Post
That really is disgraceful, they are blatantly lying in the email that the speakers won't have Harman Kardon label on them. They are very clearly labelled in my car.

As others have said, you want the tech pack. It is the most common pack of them all. There's zero reason why you can't find a car with HK system. You also get the HUD which is amazing.

Take it back, I'd also reprimand them for mis selling to you, either demand they get you a car with the spec you want or I'd take my business elsewhere.
Totally agree - that's why I was saying to get BMW involved, as I'm sure conduct like that won't be what they want representing their brand.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 02:44 AM   #30
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Hi Checked the official spec from BMW and clearly states loudspeaker upgrade (which is the harmen kardon)may have stopped putting the labels on the new car,rgds Peter.

Just a thought before anyone embarrasses themselves (other than the dealer of course) was there not a loudspeaker upgrade option? I seem to remember it was mid way between std and Harmon Kardon. May be worth a check.
Of course maybe confusing F3x and G2x
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 03:12 AM   #31
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
Hi Checked the official spec from BMW and clearly states loudspeaker upgrade (which is the harmen kardon)may have stopped putting the labels on the new car,rgds Peter.

Just a thought before anyone embarrasses themselves (other than the dealer of course) was there not a loudspeaker upgrade option? I seem to remember it was mid way between std and Harmon Kardon. May be worth a check.
Yeah you're right - standard fit on 330i and above (BMW loudspeaker system advanced), but with that you'd still have visible tweeters in the A-pillars, so you'd know the difference looking at it from a standard system.

It's not an option on other models - the upgrade is HK, which I can't imagine for one second would now be behind plain speaker covers.

**Edit**

Harny86 I've just noticed yours is a 330i - Does your car have tweeters in the A-pillar? If it does then it may be genuine confusion by the dealer, as your car will have an upgraded audio system, just not HK.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 06:54 AM   #32
Harny86
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Quote:

Yeah you're right - standard fit on 330i and above (BMW loudspeaker system advanced), but with that you'd still have visible tweeters in the A-pillars, so you'd know the difference looking at it from a standard system.

It's not an option on other models - the upgrade is HK, which I can't imagine for one second would now be behind plain speaker covers.

**Edit**

Harny86 I've just noticed yours is a 330i - Does your car have tweeters in the A-pillar? If it does then it may be genuine confusion by the dealer, as your car will have an upgraded audio system, just not HK.
Hi yes 330i it has tweeters in the pillor.

I have phoned then again today for the manger to say the salesman said harmon kardon wasn't mentioned at all.
I have forwarded the emails on so waiting for a reply.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 07:05 AM   #33
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Quote:

**Edit**

Hi yes 330i it has tweeters in the pillor.

I have phoned then again today for the manger to say the salesman said harmon kardon wasn't mentioned at all.
I have forwarded the emails on so waiting for a reply.
So it sounds like dealer confusion and / or not knowing his product correctly.

Your car does have the upgraded sound system (BMW Loudspeaker System Advanced), which sits between the base system and the HK. This is standard on the 330i and above.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #34
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So they use harmen kardon speakers without using the branding on them? The name/branding on the speakers is a big part of having it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 07:53 AM   #35
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
So they use harmen kardon speakers without using the branding on them? The name/branding on the speakers is a big part of having it.
The HK system has HK branding on the front doors, rear doors and rear shelf speakers but not on the A pillar tweeters or tweeters in the rear doors. I presume the upgraded system, middle spec and standard on 330i has no branding on them as they aren't HK.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #36
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No it's a different upgrade - BMW Loudspeaker System Advanced is standard fit on 330i and above (over and above the standard 6 speaker audio on lower models). This will be noted in the spec of the vehicle, which is probably what the dealer has mistakenly (or ignorantly) referred to as HK.

You can then upgrade to HK if you want to, but only HK is ever a tick-box option if that makes sense. Only the HK system will have the grey speaker covers & tweeters.
The tweeters on the BMW Loudspeaker System Advanced are just black, as are the speakers in the doors.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #37
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Some pics from my car. They look rather black to me in real life.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 03:04 AM   #38
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

I've just picked up another G20 courtesy car with standard audio and it is night and day different. Definitely recommend the HK audio.
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      08-26-2020, 04:03 AM   #39
Harny86
Private First Class
Rep

well I havent been getting anywhere with the garage so I got bmw uk involved last night explained what has went on etc and first thing this morning the phone rang they have told me I can hand it back.
fingers crossed I can find a new car with msport plus with harman kardon I have looked but carnt see nowt
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 04:28 AM   #40
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
well I havent been getting anywhere with the garage so I got bmw uk involved last night explained what has went on etc and first thing this morning the phone rang they have told me I can hand it back.
fingers crossed I can find a new car with msport plus with harman kardon I have looked but carnt see nowt
That's good news, don't go for yc19 zwl if that pops up anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 05:44 AM   #41
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
No idea what your budget is but there are loads on auto trader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202008202728382?atmobcid=soc3

Tech pack, comfort pack and M Sport Plus pack.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 06:44 AM   #42
Harny86
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's good news, don't go for yc19 zwl if that pops up anywhere.
why?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 07:29 AM   #43
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
why?
If you read his posts, it sounds like it fell off the side of a lorry!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 07:42 AM   #44
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
why?
It was my then car that they accepted back after I found it had nearly 30 points of repairs that I noted.
Appreciate 0