Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Active side collision avoidance is acting weird

02-18-2023, 06:52 AM   #1
iamoverdose
Registered
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i MSport

Active side collision avoidance is acting weird

Hi there,

I have a 2020 G20 equipped with S5AU Driving Assistant Professional. The active side collision avoidance feature on my car has been acting weird lately. Sometimes the "Active side collision avoidance" warning pops out on the instrument cluster and interferes with the steering wheel while cruising on an empty road. This problem only occurs on the right side of the vehicle. The system flashes the light in the right exterior mirror and interferes with the steering wheel to the left. This is very frustrating because if there is an obstacle or vehicle on the left, it can cause an accident.

I took it to 2 different authorized dealers, but they do not know what to do because there is no error code in the system and they have never faced such a problem before.

I have uploaded a short video to demonstrate the problem -> https://youtube.com/shorts/cfpIZIPPw-Y?feature=share

Has anyone encountered this problem before and know what to do? I would appreciate it if anyone could help. Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 07:35 AM   #2
atabmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: g20

Hi! Did you manage to find an answer?
I have the same problem.
thank you for your answer.
Attila
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 10:17 AM   #3
iamoverdose
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabmw View Post
Hi! Did you manage to find an answer?
I have the same problem.
thank you for your answer.
Attila
Hey! My problem still exists. I disable active side collision avoidance feature on iDrive, in this way I can drive without getting any errors. If I don't use driving assistant, I don't encounter an error. Tired of chasing as I couldn't find the solution and decided to use it this way.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #4
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

If the dealer can identify the problem, I’d ask for the case to be escalated. This is a serious safety issue. Unless of course if you’re happy to drive without the feature.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 02:37 AM   #5
atabmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: g20

Thank you guys.
I had a little accident on the side, the dealership said this may be the reason.
If I find ou will post
Thank you
Attila
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 06:36 PM   #6
drdino
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I'd check both corner radars and their mounting brackets of that side for any damage, misaligment etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 06:13 AM   #7
iamoverdose
Registered
Turkey
Rep

I recently took my car back to the local authorized dealer to solve the problem. As a result of 1 week of tests, it was concluded that the front right radar was misaligned. Afterwards, the radars were re-aligned and programmed.. After receiving my vehicle, I drove it for 500 km and did not encounter the same error again. I wanted to inform those who will encounter such a problem.
Appreciate 1
zlatko117.50
      01-22-2024, 09:38 AM   #8
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamoverdose View Post
I recently took my car back to the local authorized dealer to solve the problem. As a result of 1 week of tests, it was concluded that the front right radar was misaligned. Afterwards, the radars were re-aligned and programmed.. After receiving my vehicle, I drove it for 500 km and did not encounter the same error again. I wanted to inform those who will encounter such a problem.
Thanks for this. I have been having some weird behavior from the left side. It will suddenly swerve to the right.

I have a few drives I do on a regular basis and it happens at the same spot every time. My buddy has the same car and does not have this issue.
Appreciate 0