Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Disappointed in my 2021 430i (g22) and don’t know what to do

01-27-2024, 08:54 PM   #67
MegaMalding
Rep
Drives: G22 BMW

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 430i xDrive coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
You are correct. I was confusing the 430 vs the M340.

Unless your dealer puts that statement in writing I would not count on it. If they put it in writing, they are creating a warranty BMW does not have to honor. When I ordered my car I called 4 local dealers and asked about adding a Dinan tune and they all said it was not warrantied.

Anything you change on your car that can lead to failure is subject to voiding the warranty for impacted items. If you add a modification that increases the power output, BMW has the right, and financial incentive, to deny any issue in the power train.
Considering the X2 M35i and M235i are all running the B48/6B block to near identical levels of power from factory as my $1,000 piggy back tune set up, Its very unlikely these simple mods would cause any real harm to your engine. Sure BMW can deny claims it’s within their right, but the extra power isn’t drastic enough to worry about. Worst case scenario the engine will start to show its age and require more maintenance at 90,000 miles vs 110,000 miles but at that rate it really doesn’t matter since the engine is high mileage regardless.
Appreciate 0