Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Hifi audio upgrades - can we make it better than HK?

07-06-2023, 09:32 PM   #45
G20Tony
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Xdrive 2020 (G20)

Did any of you by any chance installed an Audison APF 8.9 with the APBMW ReampHarness in your g20 ? Would like some thoughts and info on the matter (difficulty to tune, do you need the speaker out harness as well, quality of product, audio file to plug in)
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 01:11 PM   #46
BimmerLoyal
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW GSA 1250 , BMW m340i (soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpediem_2 View Post
I came from a 2016 GTI with fender as well. It was way better than the stock hi-fi system in my 330i. I ordered a match up dsp8 amp from allgoods audio eBay store. Install was easy with the battery in the trunk and the included wire harness was plug and play.

I tuned it using the base tune supplied by the seller and tweaked from there and it sounds amazing-def better than the fender system in my GTI. I did not change the speakers, and the stock speaker sound great. They’re clear Crisp and precise. I bumped up the under seat subwoofer gain a little bit and change the crossover which definitely improved the bass output, but was still missing those Sub bass notes.

I ended up adding a 500w Rockford amp using the line out on the dsp amp and bought a 12” ported Jl sub.

My sestem is now perfect one of the best I’ve had in any car. I will not change the stock speakers.
Did u change the stock underseat subs either ?

Also how did u figure out what to do in the software to get the sound better ? I’m a bit of an audio newb in terms of audio tuning
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 02:48 PM   #47
crpediem_2
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

I did not change the under seat subs. Didn’t think I’d be worth it because it was doubtful that I could get much better output from a shallow mount 8 inch subwoofer. That’s why I installed the JL audio 12 in my trunk

The most significant change I was able to make was to measure the distances between my ears and the speakers. This adjusts the timing. That way I could get the sound more centered on the dash. So sit in your driving position, get a measuring tape and measure the distance from each speaker to your head and then input that on the time alignment Tab. After I had that I messed with the gains a little bit and that’s about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 10:16 AM   #48
Throatpunch
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The Focal will not sound 5.5 times better than the CDT, for the price.
Well the focals are for sale now. The speaker is too deep for the door on my g26 😂
Appreciate 0