Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 320D MSport Issues

View Poll Results: G20 ISSUES
Advice 1 100.00%
Help 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

12-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
QDG
Acky1969
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSport G20

Garage List
Angry 320D MSport Issues

Hi all,
Hope you can help?
I took delivery of my 320D MSport in Sept 19 and it has spent more time in the dealership than on my drive, here are the issues i have up till today.

1, When i ordered my new car i told them that i wanted the Vis pack as i had it on my F30 and wanted it again, i got told that is comes with it as standard and when i picked my G20 up it did not have it, i informed the delership that it did not have it and got told that they could not do anything about it and to send an email to BMW(still waiting for an answer three months later)
2. My Sat Nav in the dash keeps cutting out and not showing the map, it has been back two times now and the delership keep saying that when they plug in, it is not showing a fault and they can't do anything as it is not showing a fault even tho at times it is missing(four days in the delership)
3. Three weeks ago i closed my drivers door and the window cracked, which they did change(three day in delership) however!
4. When i picked up my car from having the window fixed, the drivers side wing mirror would not fold out(car was 6 weeks old) got told that the motor had burnt out and they replaced it(lost my car again for two weeks as motor on back order)
5. Today as i was driving the music kepted cutting out and after my drive when i got back into my car to drive home there was now sound, no music, PCD, phone, sat nav and indicator sound.
6. On eco i am getting around 360 to 400 miles on a long run.
Can anyone give me some advice? as i have had BM's for 19 years and had many new Bm's and never had any problems like this, i hate my car and jst want to sale her
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDG View Post
Hi all,
Hope you can help?
I took delivery of my 320D MSport in Sept 19 and it has spent more time in the dealership than on my drive, here are the issues i have up till today.

1, When i ordered my new car i told them that i wanted the Vis pack as i had it on my F30 and wanted it again, i got told that is comes with it as standard and when i picked my G20 up it did not have it, i informed the delership that it did not have it and got told that they could not do anything about it and to send an email to BMW(still waiting for an answer three months later)
2. My Sat Nav in the dash keeps cutting out and not showing the map, it has been back two times now and the delership keep saying that when they plug in, it is not showing a fault and they can't do anything as it is not showing a fault even tho at times it is missing(four days in the delership)
3. Three weeks ago i closed my drivers door and the window cracked, which they did change(three day in delership) however!
4. When i picked up my car from having the window fixed, the drivers side wing mirror would not fold out(car was 6 weeks old) got told that the motor had burnt out and they replaced it(lost my car again for two weeks as motor on back order)
5. Today as i was driving the music kepted cutting out and after my drive when i got back into my car to drive home there was now sound, no music, PCD, phone, sat nav and indicator sound.
6. On eco i am getting around 360 to 400 miles on a long run.
Can anyone give me some advice? as i have had BM's for 19 years and had many new Bm's and never had any problems like this, i hate my car and jst want to sale her
Crumbs, sounds like you really did get the Friday afternoon car :-(

One thing I've noticed is that the dealers haven't got a clue what they working with. If the service guys don't understand the product then I'm sure the average sales guy knows even less. Hence them indicating functions were standard that you then didn't order.

The Vis pack on the G20 includes laser lights which obviously weren't available on the F30. As standard though it does have full LED adaptive lights which I think are great but it doesn't have High Beam Assist (HBA). What else did the F30 have?

BMW really need to sort out their training. It's like going into Currys and asking for PC advice. The average sales guy hasn't a clue but you're dealing with a £40k car not a £500 laptop. BMW UK should be pretty ashamed. No idea whether they're even aware...

As to the faults then I've only ever had software related ones to date but the iDrive is pretty buggy.

Have you asked your dealer to update to the latest IDrive version? I'm now at 11/2019.34 but I had to push hard to get them to even look if there was a new version. It might fix some of your display issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
DayTimer
Rep
Drives: G20 320d M-Sport

Sorry your having such a bad time with your 320d MSport. I got mine in October, turned out to have been delivered to the UK in March (delivery service date in the iDrive) which was a bit of a disappointment but its been fine.

I have been enjoying it so far and haven't had any problems or reason to take it back to the dealer at this stage.

On the mileage front I have done just over 5000 miles so have a bit of experience now of the fuel consumption. The fuel consumption should be much better than you are getting as you say. My ex-factory fuel consumption is 53.9mpg at the moment which I am pretty impressed with over 5k. When I do a long run I get around 63mpg and I have gotten over 700 miles out of a single tank on two occasions on a long run. I have the car in ECO 95% of the time.

Advice wise I would be in at the dealers management to get it fixed fully by a deadline. If you don't get any joy I would contact BMW UK and failing that Germany. If they have made a faulty car which is not performing its their responsibility to diagnose and fix within a reasonable time. Don't accept the faults or the reduced fuel consumption as it should be a great fun car.

Good luck, hope they get it sorted for you quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I'd email the CEO in BMW AG. I did that back in 2006 with my E90 320si. BMW Financial services were onto me the next day...

When I went to look at the G20 330e MSport (ordered and at dealers waiting for me to collect!) the corporate advisor didn't have a clue and kept asking others. I sat in the demo car they had (only one back in June/July) noticed missing nets on seat backs and missing coin box (next to drivers side door under steering). When I checked the BMW site I noticed they only get added in Extended storage. I was also bit miffed that HBA is only with laser lights and radar cruise is a mega expensive option (Had to have it as I have been using it for last four years in old car).
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 05:27 AM   #5
FossieBear
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 320d G20 xdrive

Garage List
Keep an eye open in Late January. Right now Connected Drive Germany is offering HBA and also ACC on the 1 series as a download

Strong rumour they will offer on 3 series also

BMW have finally cottoned on to the fact that a lot of BMW are "locally coded" to enable some functions after purchase

Another cash stream for them !!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #6
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

HBA needs a button on the indicator stalk.
ACC needs the radar sensor on the front.

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #7
FossieBear
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 320d G20 xdrive

Garage List
You are right

Possible coding on stalk because it is a button repeat push - Radar too is needed but many cars - mine included - cam fitted with the radar sensor without Driving Assistant professional - Not sure what else it picks up. Connected Drive guys also say you need Pakrking Assistant Pus with surround view cameras but thats not certain for sure. Local dealer has no idea as yet !
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #8
marksandygill
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320d xDrive F22 M240i

Hmm I do 45 miles a day, 10 local roads and 35 motorway, mixture of driving modes (sport plus/sport gearing to Eco) and i get 500-540 miles per tank, roughly 44mpg which is 10% better than the 420d I gave back in August!

So yes, unless you have a lead foot?

I love the car and I can see why this is ruining it for you! I'd look into returning it as not fit for purpose and also not as advertised (re vis pack)?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #9
QDG
Acky1969
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSport G20

Garage List
Thanks

Hi all, thanks for the feed back, i posted on their facebook page that if they did not do anything about my issues i would contact Listers CEO and Directors, next day the sales manager called me saying sorry and they are going to pay for BMW Music for the next 4 years, Connected package Pro for 4 years, Map updates for the next 4 years and the first full service, As they can't retro fit the lights, i asked for an email stating what we talked about as i will have to pay and then take into Lister's to get reimbursed, he was a bit hmm yes i will send you when i get 5 mins, i told him that if i do not get the email stating what we talked about i would send the email that day by 1700hrs, 10 mins later i got the email. my car goes back in tomorrow as the passenger side wing mirror has now stoped working.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #10
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Sorry in advance for long post but this really annoys me lol.

Got mine in October and immediately noticed the headlight misting up more than it should. Took it to my local dealer and was told it needed a new headlight. I asked the cost if out of warranty and as they are laser lights £2.k plus vat for one headlight

Anyway they replaced it but when checking they had chipped all the paint on the wing, on the bumper and it had it clear screwdriver marks where they tried to lever the light out not to mention they didn't even refit it correctly with a large gap on one side. Clearly never removed and fitted one before!

They fixed it right enough and corrected the paint.

It then started to reset the idrive when driving so took it in and they updated the software but when I got it back its gone really slow, camera activations don't always work, home lights don't stay on for the time I have set them and when approaching the car it used to sense the key in my pocket and welcome lights come one, it no longer does this.

Took it back, they effectively said Im wrong about the welcome lights and told me I need to press the button on the key, as if I have not seen it doing this for the last 2 months and just made it up!!!

In the end said they would email BMW so I have also emailed BMW to make sure but 4 weeks later and still no joy and not heard a thing from either the dealer or BMW!

Its clear they dealers receive little or no training in new models and they have minimum knowledge of new tech and how to repair them. Just wish I had another dealer near me and even considered driving 40 minutes to get a second opinion.

Ok rant over lol
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #11
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDG View Post
Hi all, thanks for the feed back, i posted on their facebook page that if they did not do anything about my issues i would contact Listers CEO and Directors, next day the sales manager called me saying sorry and they are going to pay for BMW Music for the next 4 years, Connected package Pro for 4 years, Map updates for the next 4 years and the first full service, As they can't retro fit the lights, i asked for an email stating what we talked about as i will have to pay and then take into Lister's to get reimbursed, he was a bit hmm yes i will send you when i get 5 mins, i told him that if i do not get the email stating what we talked about i would send the email that day by 1700hrs, 10 mins later i got the email. my car goes back in tomorrow as the passenger side wing mirror has now stoped working.
My passenger wing mirror stopped working a few days back. It wouldn't fold in and you couldn't adjust the glass. Then miraculously started working after a day. Assume a loose connection somewhere and it will probably fail again...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #12
tn1krr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

My 330e has lost the map from the middle of dash too; everything related to nav from HUD (and some relevant Menus were gone at the same time too) left at the same time. They came back by rebooting the iDrive, but this "reboot to fix" reminds me of an old Windows PC. Just emailed about this and some other issues to local BMW country organization. Given your delivery time we might have (at least least originally) had similar software version, mine still has 07/2019.30.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #13
DayTimer
Rep
Drives: G20 320d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
home lights don't stay on for the time I have set them and when approaching the car it used to sense the key in my pocket and welcome lights come one, it no longer does this.

Took it back, they effectively said Im wrong about the welcome lights and told me I need to press the button on the key, as if I have not seen it doing this for the last 2 months and just made it up!!!

Ok rant over lol

I have also found the welcome lights don’t work, never have on mineZ. I have tried various different times with no joy. It lasts about 3-5 seconds then darkness. Unless BMW have changed this it should be automatic after locking the car, my last two cars were 520d’s (1 SE and 1 Luxury) both had the welcome lights staying on for 30 seconds or so. Pressing a button would be a huge step backwards.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
Dpfghela
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320d

My first model was a nearly new F30 320d. The car was rock solid and really sold me on the BMW brand.

When the lease came to an end, I settled on a nearly new g20 320d. But... so far my ownership experience hasn't been as exemplary as my trusty F30 and echos some of your issues.

Upon pick up the folding drivers wing mirror failed to open, had to manually push it out. Then the auto-dimming mirror bled out and went completely black. BMW replaced the whole unit under warranty.

The air unit wasn't blowing air. Turned out a screw was loose so the vent wasn't opening. Fixed under warranty.

For the next 8 months there were no issues aside from a bad run in with a pothole.

But then when it was being serviced the dealer spotted the suspension arm has been bent. This resulted in a whole new drivers side suspension and new steering rack. Insurance job.

But since getting it back a rubber vibration damper in the engine split and severed the drive belt. Replaced under warranty.

The iDrive system started showing graphics for an X3

And most recently the service indicator has dropped from 12,000 till next oil service to 2,800. It's only been 6 weeks since service so it's due to go back in for another check up.

Sorry to say I simply don't trust the car. And I'm seriously considering what options I have under the terms of PCP.

For me the car is too technical for its own good and the software can't keep up with the mechanicals.

I hope your issues sort themselves out.
Appreciate 0