Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Welt museum open to non ED BMW fans?

Closed Thread

03-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Welt museum open to non ED BMW fans?

Figured I'd ask you guys since you're always ED'ing your damn sexy M3s and M4s-I'm in Munich this Thursday for a day, I wanted to prioritize my short day there before work-is the Welt Museum open to non ED folks?
Any other top things to visit while in Munich?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Figured I'd ask you guys since you're always ED'ing your damn sexy M3s and M4s-I'm in Munich this Thursday for a day, I wanted to prioritize my short day there before work-is the Welt Museum open to non ED folks?
Any other top things to visit while in Munich?
Absolutely. It's def worth visiting.

Plenty of things to do in Munich. Just look it up online
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
MrMotorwerk
Inline 6, 6MT enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Old E46, 2016 SS2 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Welt is really just a really really big showroom. I highly recommend trying to get on the factory tour. Try and book one online if you can or ask the front desk at the Welt when you get there.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #4
M3Law
Rep
Drives: 23’ M4 CSL 16’ GTS 18’ M3 CS

OP...you lucky dog. Munich is a phenomenal city.
If you are even remotely a fan of beer, then you must visit the St Augustiner Keller in downtown Munich just west of Marienplatz.
Best bier in the world (just about). Restaurant is like 600 years old! Like around 1300s. Of course the Glockenspiel at the Marienplatz- Neurathaus is great in itself.
If you are a student of history, visit the Felderenhalle/Odeonplatz then look that up on the Internet. How about the Residenz (Palace), or ViktulienMarket all within walking distance from the Marienplatz downtown.
If hardcore meuseum, visit the Deutchesmuseum in east Munich.
All of these places are easily accessible via the subway. Just ask anyone familiar with Munich while there.
If you have a day for the countryside, and are a true connesuier of beer, then take the train to Herrsching am Ammersee and walk or take a bus to the Kloster Andechs. Really the best beer in the world especially the doppelbock dunkel. The food, monetary (the monks make the beer) is someplace you will visit 20 years from now, or tell your children/grandchildren about. Just look it up on the Internet, then buy a picture to keep at your home for the memory. 2million Germans pilgrimage here each year!
Of course there is the Hofbrauhaus, englischer garten, etc. Or, just locate the big six breweries restaurants around Munich and go to heaven.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #5
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

You guys rock! Thanks for helping create the short list

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread