Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Connected App outage?

12-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #23
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Dealer today reset the Connected Drive today. All working now, including remote 3D view.
How does the dealer reset the connect drive?
I have no idea what they did but it works now.
I'd hate to take it in for something like this but I just may take it in. Tired of going to dealership lol
I posted this in a different thread but I was able to fix my connected drive as it wasn't connecting since October as well...

I did a reset by holding down power for 30
Seconds and then set the time to automatic which takes care of daylight savings and suddenly my app updated.... give it a try..
Appreciate 3
premier3is1627.00
dpod25102.00
      12-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #24
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlzor View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dealer today reset the Connected Drive today. All working now, including remote 3D view.
I'd hate to take it in for something like this but I just may take it in. Tired of going to dealership lol
I posted this in a different thread but I was able to fix my connected drive as it wasn't connecting since October as well...

Seconds and then set the time to automatic which takes care of daylight savings and suddenly my app updated.... give it a try..
Going to give this a shot tomorrow. Does resetting your iDrive reset anything that you have saved? Such as presets and navigation settings?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #25
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going to give this a shot tomorrow. Does resetting your iDrive reset anything that you have saved? Such as presets and navigation settings?
It's a reboot So your presets should stay but I can't recall 100%
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #26
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Is it possible it is an apple issue? I have a S9 without any current issue. I believe there was a recent iOS update, which usually messes up the idrive until BMW fixes it on there end. As I am not an iPhone user I am only guessing based on what I have heard and read elsewhere on here
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:28 AM   #27
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Is it possible it is an apple issue? I have a S9 without any current issue. I believe there was a recent iOS update, which usually messes up the idrive until BMW fixes it on there end. As I am not an iPhone user I am only guessing based on what I have heard and read elsewhere on here
Nah it's all across the board from what I'm hearing, not just iOS
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      12-03-2019, 08:08 AM   #28
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:

I’ve also had the outage since October and THIS finally fixed it. THANK YOU!

Quote:
I carry both an iPhone and Galaxy S9 and both of them had this issue with my G20. On the other hand, my wife’s F36 has been updating normally.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #29
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Nah it's all across the board from what I'm hearing, not just iOS
Ok thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #30
Static2k
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:

This WORKED for me too! Been without the app for over a month. My clock was in automatic though, but checked/unchecked a few times after the reboot anyways. Also, logged out and back in to the app and it started working

Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #31
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static2k View Post
Quote:

This WORKED for me too! Been without the app for over a month. My clock was in automatic though, but checked/unchecked a few times after the reboot anyways. Also, logged out and back in to the app and it started working

Thank you very much!
Can you confirm if your setting remained the same on iDrive? Or did it default back to factory ?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #32
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Can you confirm if your setting remained the same on iDrive? Or did it default back to factory ?
All my settings (presets, memory, etc) stayed and didn’t revert to factory defaults
Appreciate 1
premier3is1627.00
      12-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #33
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod25 View Post
Quote:
All my settings (presets, memory, etc) stayed and didn't revert to factory defaults
It worked for me too!! I had to disable automatic time update, reset idrive with the engine on, after reboot I had to re-enable automatic time update, then it worked!!! For the first time since I got the car I did not have to sign out from the app, the app seems to work just fine. This is definitely an issue with the Idrive software and/or servers.

BUT, 15 minutes later ... bye bye, not working again, then 30 minutes later, working again.

I'll just wait for the next idrive software update. This is too much of a headache.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #34
Static2k
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Settings remained the same. Rebooting iDrive is like restarting a computer or an iPhone. Just make sure your engine is running and press the iDrive power button until the system fully shuts down AND come back to life. At least that's how I did it.

EDIT: The app has been working as intended for almost 24 hours now.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #35
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Settings remained the same. Rebooting iDrive is like restarting a computer or an iPhone. Just make sure your engine is running and press the iDrive power button until the system fully shuts down AND come back to life. At least that's how I did it.

EDIT: The app has been working as intended for almost 24 hours now.
Glad it worked for all of you! Maybe I should get a part time job as a BMW genius lol
Appreciate 1
cruzer6661235.50
      12-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #36
Static2k
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Glad it worked for all of you! Maybe I should get a part time job as a BMW genius lol
My ticket will celebrate a month next week - still haven't heard from them. At least they must pay you a commission for doing their job
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:14 AM   #37
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

First time I've had a problem with my connected app last night in 5 weeks of ownership. I'm gutted because I can now not preheat the car ☹️ I believe it may be something to do with using Waze in CarPlay (or more specifically not using bmw nav) which I did for the first time yesterday in my way home from work and it hasn't worked since. need to do some figuring out
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #38
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
First time I've had a problem with my connected app last night in 5 weeks of ownership. I'm gutted because I can now not preheat the car ☹️ I believe it may be something to do with using Waze in CarPlay (or more specifically not using bmw nav) which I did for the first time yesterday in my way home from work and it hasn't worked since. need to do some figuring out
App is unreliable right now, try the reset procedure in this thread. I think we'll just have to wait for next software release of idrive. If anyone knows when that is.... speak up !
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #39
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer666 View Post
Quote:
App is unreliable right now, try the reset procedure in this thread. I think we'll just have to wait for next software release of idrive. If anyone knows when that is.... speak up !
Just a question do you guys having trouble with the app have Waze installed? I used Waze for the first time yesterday (since having my car - 5 weeks) and the connected app stopped working. I narrowed this down to waze's fault, uninstalled Waze this evening and the app works perfectly.

Edit - I tried the idrive reset twice with no luck, also removed car from app, deleted app etc nothing but deleting Waze seemed to help.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #40
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just a question do you guys having trouble with the app have Waze installed? I used Waze for the first time yesterday (since having my car - 5 weeks) and the connected app stopped working. I narrowed this down to waze's fault, uninstalled Waze this evening and the app works perfectly.

Edit - I tried the idrive reset twice with no luck, also removed car from app, deleted app etc nothing but deleting Waze seemed to help.
If you mean Waze in Apple CarPlay. I never had an issue with it.

Maybe try updating the phone to latest iOS?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #41
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you mean Waze in Apple CarPlay. I never had an issue with it.

Maybe try updating the phone to latest iOS?
I am on 13.2.3
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #42
PercyARS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 330

Quote:
Called BMW Assist today to ask about this since mines is still stuck on 10/20. They told me its a known issue and there is a ticket out on this. Its been a couple week since its been addressed, and no ETA.

Great.....
lol my app is stuck on the same date as yours. whats so special about 10/20.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #43
PercyARS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 330

Quote:

Thank you very much!
hey just curious if yours works smoothly afterwards. mine was able to update after the procedure then drop dead again.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #44
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyARS View Post
Quote:

Thank you very much!
hey just curious if yours works smoothly afterwards. mine was able to update after the procedure then drop dead again.
I had the same issue. The reset procedure worked, and the app worked for like a day, then it went dead after. Reset procedure did not work again. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for a "software update" if there is one. I think the current software on my G20 is 07/2019.52 or something like that.

What's the software version on yours?
Appreciate 0