Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK bad day for the 330e

02-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #1
JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Garage List
bad day for the 330e

Had a puncture this morning, ran it to the garage for air & all hell let loose on the dash. BMW recovery out & towed to dealer! Typical, 4k miles in

lets see what they say, hopefully just software related.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Had a puncture this morning, ran it to the garage for air & all hell let loose on the dash. BMW recovery out & towed to dealer! Typical, 4k miles in

[img]https://i.ibb.co/SVZd9t8/IMG-4300.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/4mj5MCv/IMG-4302.jpg[/img]

I had this appear every other week back in 2016 on my F30 330e, along with a low coolant notification. It just needed a dealer visit and neither were to be seen again for 4 years. 👍🏻

Please tell me my G20 ain't going to start 🙈

My low pressure notification last week needed a new tyre by a mobile fitter due to the snow 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 11:31 PM   #3
Birchescrest
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330e

Quote:

This is interesting, I had the same think back in October, must have also been about 4k on the clock. Drivetrain and electrical failure and into limp mode. It happened at night literally as I arrived home so left it over night. Checked in the morning and everything was back to normal. I called BMW as a precaution, they sent an engineer out who plugged a laptop in and confirmed all the messages had come up but could not see anything wrong with the car. They updated the iDrive to the latest version, shrugged their shoulders and sent me on my way. No problems since.

One word of warning, if the car tells you to stop, stop! I know it sounds silly but distance traveled after the message comes up is logged in the telematics so could invalidate any repair work if it's deemed to cause more damage by not stopping. It's amazing what gets logged in the telematics theses days
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:11 AM   #4
JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Garage List
Issue resolved. There was an outstanding PUMA case on my car ( whatever that is) So a full software reinstall & update required. It's been plugged in on the ramp for the last hour and should be completely shortly.

whatever happened to good old V8's & V12's lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #5
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Issue resolved. There was an outstanding PUMA case on my car ( whatever that is) So a full software reinstall & update required. It's been plugged in on the ramp for the last hour and should be completely shortly.

whatever happened to good old V8's & V12's lol.
Weren't they JAGUARS
Appreciate 0