Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications New MAD Product Release - M340,M440 Cat Back Exhaust System

01-17-2024, 11:03 AM   #155
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Ce qu'il a dit! S'il vous plaît rejoignez-nous
Someone is using a translator.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 11:43 AM   #156
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Someone is using a translator.
Caught me! My french is a little rusty 😁
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 01:29 PM   #157
viper1ts
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
We have a shop in Boynton beach that has installed plenty of these exhausts. It might be a good idea to let them check it out.

My thoughts:

Both tip pipes are installed in your photos so they definitely fit. Not sure why your installer is saying that.

As far as the other midpipe fitment issue the photo does not show anything forward of the issue for me to figure out if it's installed properly.

Valve - pull the two screws off the top of the valve motor and see if it actuates when you go in and out of sport mode .

If you have any other photos please send them via email so we can see what's going on. Email- Info@mad-us.com
This is absolutely starting to be the worst service experienced with this product. I have been calm and professional the whole time but get told to contact where I bought it from and they tell me to contact you guys. I have had countless exhausts installled on multiple cars and never had the fitment issues experienced and then get told to just bring it to another shop. This should not be the service provided by a company.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 02:29 PM   #158
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1ts View Post
This is absolutely starting to be the worst service experienced with this product. I have been calm and professional the whole time but get told to contact where I bought it from and they tell me to contact you guys. I have had countless exhausts installled on multiple cars and never had the fitment issues experienced and then get told to just bring it to another shop. This should not be the service provided by a company.
I've been making every effort to assist and address all the concerns you've raised. However, upon reviewing the photos you've shared and identifying evident installation errors along with the damage inflicted on your bumper by your current shop, I find it necessary to suggest considering another shop to rectify this situation in the proper manner.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 04:19 PM   #159
whofelt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340ix

I guess companies don’t offer full refunds or replacements anymore, not every exhaust comes out perfectly. Oh well, I hope you get it working.
      01-17-2024, 04:52 PM   #160
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whofelt View Post
I guess companies don’t offer full refunds or replacements anymore, not every exhaust comes out perfectly. Oh well, I hope you get it working.

Certainly, we take pride in our excellent reputation for delivering outstanding customer service, and I believe I've maintained that standard throughout this process. It appears that the root cause lies in the installation. Since the initial post on page 5, I've been actively engaging by asking questions, offering tips, and suggesting things to check. Unfortunately, there has been minimal response to my posts, and clear photos of the issue have not been provided for proper verification. Additionally, modifications are being made to parts without without us getting a chance to check it first, which contradicts our return policy.

The photos provided are very close up but I can tell the pipe that is touching need to be clocked away from the heat shield.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 01-17-2024 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 05:37 PM   #161
viper1ts
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Certainly, we take pride in our excellent reputation for delivering outstanding customer service, and I believe I've maintained that standard throughout this process. It appears that the root cause lies in the installation. Since the initial post on page 5, I've been actively engaging by asking questions, offering tips, and suggesting things to check. Unfortunately, there has been minimal response to my posts, and clear photos of the issue have not been provided for proper verification. Additionally, modifications are being made to parts without without us getting a chance to check it first, which contradicts our return policy.

The photos provided are very close up but I can tell the pipe that is touching need to be clocked away from the heat shield.
This has to be a joke. Some people have to work through the week and can’t just repeatedly get back to a shop to try and fit a poorly made exhaust and make different angle pictures reshowing the exhaust doesn’t fit properly. Literally posted above that the exhaust needed to be shortened admitting that it was not correct. I should have trusted my gut and went with a reputable company who stands by their taking care of customers policy. In my 25 years of modifying cars have never sent a negative message on a forum it’s truly sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 06:03 PM   #162
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

As mentioned earlier, my recommendation is for you to visit an Authorized MAD Installer in your vicinity. They are equipped to thoroughly examine the exhaust system, identify and rectify any installation errors. Our authorized dealers possess extensive knowledge of our products and can provide the necessary information and details. If any issues are determined to be a manufacturer defect, we would gladly address and resolve the matter accordingly.

I have never said the exhaust needs to be shortened. Our exhaust has been fitted on every year model in this thread without needing to be modified.

Below is our entire quoted conversation since you installed the exhaust on 11/14/23

11/14/23
Quote:
We’ll unfortunately my shop just tried to install this exhaust with the carbon fiber tips and the figment is not on point. The tips just look off and protrude too much so I need to look into installing the oem tips. I’ll have to reach out to the company because this is upsetting visual at least in my eyes
11/14/23
Quote:
Are those outer connecting pipes all the way in? Do you have any photos of beneath the vehicle?

Check this vehicle with carbon tips

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=85

It may be due to your diffuser design. If that's the case maybe the Black or brushed stainless tips might be a better option.
11/15/23
Quote:
Car was already done and the shop which is very reputable confirmed proper installation. We just put on the OEM tips but it’s upset I g as I did want to have the quad exhaust look. Why does it seem the exhaust are protruding downwards? Don’t think the color of the tips would help this.
11/15/23
Quote:
My tip suggestion was in response to your initial comment about the tips protruding to much. The carbon portion is slightly shorter than the brushed and black tip option.

All of the rear tip pipes are able to swivel to customize the angle of the tips. You can actually see this in the video GOLDPhoenix posted https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9AX4 He has the same style diffuser as you as well.

Without a proper photo I cannot give any more advise other to try and raise up a bit.
11/16/23
Quote:
It does appear that the LCI’s diffuser was also not taken into consideration when optimizing fitment. I’ll have to ask MAD for a refund on the tips bummer.
11/16/23
Quote:
Without additional photos to pinpoint the problem, I can only speculate that it may require adjustment. It's worth mentioning that it aligns perfectly with the 4 Series LCI, and there are currently no exhaust systems specifically designed for the 3 Series LCI available in the market.

I pm'd you in regards to the tip return.

1/09/24
Quote:
Well I have to send a follow up to my current situation after my purchase of this exhaust. My first issue was posted previously with the carbon tips not fitting correctly. I put back the OEM exhaust cover and was going to replace tips. I noticed that the exhaust then had considerable drone and wasn’t that loud especially with also having an AA downpipe installed. I took it to the shop yesterday and they diagnosed that the left controller of valves was not working properly and that it seemed the spring mechanism was broke. While I was in the process of reaching out to the place I purchased it from I just saw the divers side exhaust cap completely melted and it damaged my diffuser. Not sure I ever saw this issue. Just sending this to spread awareness of the issues and I would love to get to the bottom of the issues with MAD. The exhaust sounds great and the price was right but these situations definitely need to be handled
1/10/24
Quote:
Can you post a photo of how the shop set the tips? Something doesn't seem right if the tip is burning the top of your diffuser through your stock tip which is essentially a heat shield.
1/11/24
Quote:
So to provide an update a picture is provided of the install. I pointed out to them today that it is different from your pictures shown on the website. While not correct it was done due to the passenger side pipe needed to be cut down an inch as it was not fitting correctly and hitting the Exhaust cover. You can also see the center portion is hitting the Heat shield and causing some vibration. Honestly it seems many exhausts have this fitment issues but I would love for you to contact the shop for insight on what was needed. The mishap did cause the melting of the diffuser so if installed correctly that would not happen.
1/11/24
Quote:
Pictures now included. Also the passanger side valve controller with the spring mechanism was not working when recived so only driver side valve is operating properly.
1/11/24
Quote:
Not sure which picture is current as I see two different exhaust tips missing each of the photos. Either way that is completely wrong and dangerous! You are missing the two sets of outer tips which should be in the factory exhaust tip. The inner tips should be facing down away from the bumper when using the factory tips option.

The valve spring system is the same as the factory. If the added valve we supplied is not moving to the same position opened and closed) as the factory valve you may need to reset the system with a bmw scan tool.

1/11/24
Quote:
The current one is the one where the smaller pipes have no extension facing them downwards as the pipes were not fitting as shown in the website photo. PLEAE PROVIDE INSIGHT ON WHEN YOU SAY DANGEROUS?? The valve was scanned but is making a noise from what there’re stating and after scanning is still not working
1/12/24
Quote:
So this photo? I do not suggest blowing your exhaust underneath the vehicle like that. That's why we have the pipe extension running below the bumper next to the metal tip. You want the exhaust to have a clear path away from the vehicle.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1704994780
1/12/24
Quote:
That photo is just showing how that exhaust was not center and against the stock tip causing us to have to cut the pipe a bit. They apparently couldn’t put the small pipes exiting the back due to them not fitting either. I just have to have the one valve open at all times due to the other valve not working. This takes away the good selling point of the exhaust having valve operation. Again this exhaust has a lot going for it with the price, valve control , and it being full catback but mine recieved with the tips and multiple pipes not fittting and one valve down needs to be handled.
1/12/24
Quote:
We have a shop in Boynton beach that has installed plenty of these exhausts. It might be a good idea to let them check it out.

My thoughts:

Both tip pipes are installed in your photos so they definitely fit. Not sure why your installer is saying that.

As far as the other midpipe fitment issue the photo does not show anything forward of the issue for me to figure out if it's installed properly.

Valve - pull the two screws off the top of the valve motor and see if it actuates when you go in and out of sport mode .

If you have any other photos please send them via email so we can see what's going on. Email- Info@mad-us.com

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 01-17-2024 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 10:24 PM   #163
pyroxvi
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
As mentioned earlier, my recommendation is for you to visit an Authorized MAD Installer in your vicinity. They are equipped to thoroughly examine the exhaust system, identify and rectify any installation errors. Our authorized dealers possess extensive knowledge of our products and can provide the necessary information and details. If any issues are determined to be a manufacturer defect, we would gladly address and resolve the matter accordingly.

I have never said the exhaust needs to be shortened. Our exhaust has been fitted on every year model in this thread without needing to be modified.

Below is our entire quoted conversation since you installed the exhaust on 11/14/23

11/14/23
I agree with MAD. Even though the exhaust that you bought came not well made, you should’ve contacted MAD before you decided to make any changes to the exhaust (cut the exhaust). Even if you went with other brands (AWE, Dinan, Valvetronic Designs), I’m pretty sure they would have the same, if not similar policies to MAD: address the complaint to the seller before trying to fix it yourself. And about your diffuser, I think that happened because you cut the pipes to be shorter so when the car is on, the exhaust gases have no where to go but up onto the top of your diffuser. Don’t know if that was the actual case, but thats what I think.

But if you did reach out to MAD before doing anything and they didn’t do much to help, then I’d say thats bad customer service.

That’s my take on this whole situation so don’t think anything I’m saying is right. Just my two cents!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 10:42 PM   #164
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroxvi View Post
I agree with MAD. Even though the exhaust that you bought came not well made, you should’ve contacted MAD before you decided to make any changes to the exhaust (cut the exhaust). Even if you went with other brands (AWE, Dinan, Valvetronic Designs), I’m pretty sure they would have the same, if not similar policies to MAD: address the complaint to the seller before trying to fix it yourself. And about your diffuser, I think that happened because you cut the pipes to be shorter so when the car is on, the exhaust gases have no where to go but up onto the top of your diffuser. Don’t know if that was the actual case, but thats what I think.

But if you did reach out to MAD before doing anything and they didn’t do much to help, then I’d say thats bad customer service.

That’s my take on this whole situation so don’t think anything I’m saying is right. Just my two cents!
My thoughts exactly. I've been attempting to figure out and help with any issues from day one but things seem to be changed or modified every time I get a response. Honestly, there is no way I can help resolve any issue like that.

-Every correspondence is listed above except for a personal message when I reached out to help with returning the tips in November.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 01-17-2024 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 11:24 PM   #165
pyroxvi
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I've been attempting to figure out and help with any issues from day one but things seem to be changed or modified every time I get a response. Honestly, there is no way I can help resolve any issue like that.

-Every correspondence is listed above except for a personal message when I reached out to help with returning the tips in November.
If that’s the case, then I’d have to agree with MAD. Viper should’ve contacted support before trying to fix it himself. Diagnosing the issue and trying to fix it is way better than fixing it yourself and potentially making the situation worse.

+1 MAD for trying to return the tips
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 05:59 PM   #166
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroxvi View Post
If that’s the case, then I’d have to agree with MAD. Viper should’ve contacted support before trying to fix it himself. Diagnosing the issue and trying to fix it is way better than fixing it yourself and potentially making the situation worse.

+1 MAD for trying to return the tips
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 09:45 PM   #167
rostrata
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M340iX

Garage List
Oi! To the users, your personal exchanges with any vendor should be kept private. Commenting is fine. Complaining is fine. But arguing in an open forum? Unprofessional in every way. And unfortunately, the folks at MAD are left with no choice but to defend themselves, publicly. They make quality products. End of story. If you have an issue, identify it and work through it. Privately. And professionally. The last string is utter nonsense. Kinda wish the mods would delete some of this shit.
Appreciate 2
      01-31-2024, 04:10 PM   #168
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Viper1TS contacted me regarding the issues he is still having. While we usually do not get involved directly in warranty cases, since this has been going on for a long time, i decided tp step with this post and maybe clear any misunderstanding between the customer and the manufacturer.

The customer issues raised:
- pipes scraping the heat shield
- valves not working
- diffuser melting

Based on my conversation with MAD, they said the customer has not provided clear evidence or images showing any defects. Per their warranty, MAD requests specific pictures and information from the customer. They think that the mechanic may not have correctly installed the item, leading to the issues mentioned; then he made adjustments (which the customer has posted about), which made the fitment even worse and led to more issues.

MAD will contact the mechanic tomorrow to assist, I think it's doubtful this will help install an exhaust over the phone, especially when the car is not present. They will ask him to provide specific pictures and videos if the car is sent back for another install attempt.

Another solution MAD proposes is taking the car to a certified MAD installer near the customer. This option offers an efficient resolution. The customer can bring their car to the authorized installer. If the authorized installer can't install it, it is a clear indication of a defect, leading to either a replacement or a refund by MAD per their warranty.

As per MAD's policy, any component that has been modified forfeits its warranty entirely. However, if the component remains unaltered and is found to be defective, it is still fully covered by warranty. By the end of the day, the customer will either have their exhaust system installed correctly, receive a replacement, or get an answer on any modifications made by the original mechanic that may contribute to the issue.

Taking it to the certified installer is the best option, but that's not my decision. I will try my best not to interfere in this anymore, as i think i have worked on a clear path to a quick and final solution.

Appreciate 2
      02-29-2024, 11:42 PM   #169
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Anyone have some 2021+MY sound clips to share?
      03-01-2024, 07:30 PM   #170
Eric_M328i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i (Build)

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
Anyone have some 2021+MY sound clips to share?
+1

Considering getting this for 23 M340, soundclip for the MH cars would be nice. Should sound similar though except for obvious burbles.

Info@mad-us.com Any spring sale planned for this exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 10:09 PM   #171
GOLDPHO3NIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G22 M440i

Garage List
2021 BMW M440i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDPHO3NIX View Post
I’m posting some clips of the MAD exhaust I installed. Not biased… I paid for it myself. Overall good experience with some minor hiccups but reached out to MAD for troubleshooting and they are good on replies.

Sound is pretty good with values open. Comfort sounds like stock.

Car is completely stock except for AA catted downpipe and MAD exhaust.

Videos below are a cold start with valves closed and some light revs (all under 2k rpm) with open/closed valves. I’ll get better clips eventually outside of the neighborhood.

https://youtube.com/shorts/x6KjmMyJr...ekslI9BF2jwRNO

https://youtube.com/shorts/dsq8josjt...rSXtYx7Kk7QAB9

https://youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9A...tUdySL8H0PcyqN

https://youtube.com/shorts/sy-n165sq...bCVPWs7QhMSOrC
I posted some before. Here’s some newer ones.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AlOjcCmMI...7927DvVJi-t7oT

https://youtube.com/shorts/sEf5tZf69...a4uFkbwGW34DzE
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2024, 12:00 AM   #172
Eric_M328i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i (Build)

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.14]
Quote:
Thanks man, that sounds fire
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:59 PM   #173
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 04:45 PM   #174
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Sounds the same minus burbles.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 05:27 AM   #175
Simply Elite
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:

My thoughts:

Boynton Beach, Florida, right? What is the shop name in Boynton? I live here and I'm thinking about getting this system so I'd like to have it installed there.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 11:57 AM   #176
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elite View Post
Boynton Beach, Florida, right? What is the shop name in Boynton? I live here and I'm thinking about getting this system so I'd like to have it installed there.
That shop is Foreign Performance
Appreciate 0