Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G2X 3 and 4 Series Production Will Go Extra Long (2027 For G20)

05-30-2022, 02:04 AM   #67
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
As far as sound, not all BEVs are deficient, e.g. the i4 sounds pretty good.
Mr. Zimmer will surely appreciate that.
Quote:
I think the one difference is that autocross/track usually has relatively good conditions
When you have a chance, visit an auto-x event in any part of the country that actually has seasons (you know, the things called "freeze" and "snow"). Just to understand how wrong you are.
Quote:
As far as the Soviet joke, it applies both ways, as the Tesla's usually blow past me after they can point their noses straight.
You're misreading the situation yet again. The joke is still working the way I meant. Blowing past your 330i on a straight takes zero effort on the Tesla driver's part. Chasing after you taking an off-ramp at the limit - nah, too much work. We have nothing to prove.
Quote:
So I tend to agree with what EggFreak says about a LCI2 in MY25.
No such thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Tell us about your model 3 seats and how they feel on a 300 mile ride. Does your butt hurt afterwards?
Ah, the seats. They are the weirdest. They're ugly. Look cheap. No real leather. Have much less lateral support than BMW's sport seats. And after long drives my back and butt hurt way way less than in any BMW seat, sport or multifunction.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 02:41 AM   #68
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
When you have a chance, visit an auto-x event in any part of the country that actually has seasons (you know, the things called "freeze" and "snow"). Just to understand how wrong you are.
You are misreading the situation, as adding inclement weather on top of road imperfection surely can further amplify Model 3's suspension deficiency.

Obviously your autocross/track expertise likely can allow u to go around such tricky course on square rims(let alone round ones), while mere mortals have to slow down and avoid losing control.

Quote:
You're misreading the situation yet again. The joke is still working the way I meant. Blowing past your 330i on a straight takes zero effort on the Tesla driver's part. Chasing after you taking an off-ramp at the limit - nah, too much work. We have nothing to prove.
40mph on that cloverleaf is on non-M standard grand touring A/S RFT without tire squeals and no upsetting of chassis(nor my inner ears!). My guess is M-sport with summer tires can go extra 10mph on top.

It likely is a stretch that a comparable Model 3 vs. G20 (e.g. SR vs. 330i) is a zero effort blow past on the straight. The real joke is actually on Model 3 owners(I had witnessed 2) who were compelled to redeem lost face at that cloverleaf and got pulled over at the straight by CHP shortly after.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 03:14 AM   #69
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

can we maybe stop questioning ynguldyn, the guy who pretty much has more future BMW information then the rest of us combined!

This is turning into a bit of a petty exchange, we are all better than this
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:04 PM   #70
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You are misreading the situation, as adding inclement weather on top of road imperfection surely can further amplify Model 3's suspension deficiency.
I appreciate the evolution of your argument. We started with Model 3 being incapable of taking an off-ramp as fast as a vanilla 330i, proceeded to off-ramps with road imperfections, and now we're on on off-ramp with imperfect pavement in the rain. I expect your next condition will be a very specific temperature range?

BTW, I forgot to ask: all this is based on driving through one specific cloverleaf, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:05 PM   #71
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramparts View Post
can we maybe stop questioning ynguldyn, the guy who pretty much has more future BMW information then the rest of us combined!

This is turning into a bit of a petty exchange, we are all better than this
Many people here can't accept that someone like me could think there are cars better than BMWs.
Appreciate 1
ramparts1115.50
      05-30-2022, 09:11 PM   #72
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
I appreciate the evolution of your argument. We started with Model 3 being incapable of taking an off-ramp as fast as a vanilla 330i, proceeded to off-ramps with road imperfections, and now we're on on off-ramp with imperfect pavement in the rain. I expect your next condition will be a very specific temperature range?

BTW, I forgot to ask: all this is based on driving through one specific cloverleaf, right?
My posts are quite consistent.

My post#56 says "To me, G20 has a better damped ride, sounds better, and syncs better to the chassis, than Model 3."

My post#63 says "I think the one difference is that autocross/track usually has relatively good conditions, while common cloverleaf imperfection is what Model 3 suspension does not soak up as well as G20, or i4."

This statement talks about road conditions on track vs. public roads. In fact, as you know, Tesla's home turf has been in a drought for a while, so rain is infrequent, and surely there is no freeze nor snow in our locales.

Your post#67 adds "freeze" and "snow" aka inclement weather on top, not my posts. It beats me why you add "freeze" and "snow" to the discussion.

There are around 3-4 tight cloverleafs with patches and tight turns and wide expansion joints and limited visibilities that my observations apply. There are many similar(or worse, a lot worse) roads all over my locales.

On other cloverleafs and flyovers with smooth pavements, the Model 3 performs pretty well, and I like watching and riding and driving(surprise?) Model 3(not my car) on those.

So the drivers need to know the tools at hand, and match the tools(regardless of Model 3 or vanilla German Accord aka G20 330i, etc, etc) to the terrains(and the German Accord does soak up road imperfection better than Model 3), that is all.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 09:47 PM   #73
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My post#56

My post#63

Your post#67
I think you're enjoying this too much, which means I should stop trying to get through to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 01:17 PM   #74
Dragzon
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

Bring me the M345e
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #75
yo_walley
Registered
Rep
Drives: Good car

I'm currently waiting for the 2022 330i xdrive to arrive at the local dealership. Bummer that it is missing so many features due to chip shortages. Should I still get it? I'm not a big fan of 2023's interior so I'm not sure whether I should wait for the LCI or just get the car that's coming to the dealership soon.
Appreciate 0