Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Oil notifications

05-02-2024, 06:00 AM   #1
Lightsped
Rep
Drives: JL Willys and Tacoma TRD

Question Oil notifications

My M340i is advising the oil needs to be changed based on time/date. I am not even close to the mileage requirement. The car isn't driven a lot. The engine oil check feature has been completed and the car is saying the oil is good. The service department is also calling/emailing advising to bring the car in.

Don't really think the oil should be changed this early. Would like to prolong it a bit as the dealer isn't nearby and the check oil feature is showing oil to be 100%. Is there a way to disable the oil notification when the car is started each time?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:07 AM   #2
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

U may have a local trusted indy to change the oil, or DIY, and then reset the CBS light.

How many miles do u have since the last oil change? Is the car still under free maintenance?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:21 AM   #3
komoornik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M440i G23

If your warranty is still there - you will void it by not following the maintenance schedule.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:25 AM   #4
Lightsped
Rep
Drives: JL Willys and Tacoma TRD

I am guessing I have 5k miles since last oil change. Yes, under warranty. Its just a pain to get to the dealer as it isn't very close by.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:31 AM   #5
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsped View Post
I am guessing I have 5k miles since last oil change. Yes, under warranty. Its just a pain to get to the dealer as it isn't very close by.
U can just DIY if u don't want to go to dealer, just get BMW LL01 oil online or Wal-Mart.
Appreciate 1
darthry31.50
      05-02-2024, 07:43 AM   #6
darthry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsped View Post
How long ago was this oil change? I think the schedule is 10k/12 months, so I assume the notification is because you are closing in on 12 months.

Since your car is under warranty, you should try to follow their schedule.
Honestly, I’d do as bavarianride suggests and do it yourself. It’s pretty quick and painless. Keep some receipts and a log to prove it was done, if that’s a concern.
Appreciate 0