Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK How to set the default user in Idrive

03-27-2024, 05:30 PM   #1
Nham68
Private
England
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

How to set the default user in Idrive

Had the car 1 week , love it .
When get in the car , it defaults to “ Guest” and in have to choose my profile .
Can it be set to automatically be me by default ?

And does anyone know how to get the passenger side door mirror to dip when reversing ? (Part of comfort plus .. which I have , but can to find where to switch it on in the menu)

Thx
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:36 PM   #2
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Can’t remember how to do the profile bit but someone else on here will let you know. Passenger door mirror dip is controlled by the switch you move to the left or right when you set the mirrors up.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 05:47 PM   #3
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Just checked mine. You need to have the mirror setting switch set to adjust the driver’s door mirror for the passenger mirror dip function to be active when you engage reverse gear.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2024, 01:37 AM   #4
Nham68
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Just checked mine. You need to have the mirror setting switch set to adjust the driver’s door mirror for the passenger mirror dip function to be active when you engage reverse gear.
Awesome, thanks . Logical then , opposite side to engage
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      03-28-2024, 02:37 AM   #5
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

For the profile you need to set up driver recognition. From the manual...
Attached Images

03-28-2024, 01:16 PM   #6
Nham68
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
For the profile you need to set up driver recognition. From the manual...
Great advice , worked like a charm
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 04:18 PM   #7
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Guys,

How do I create a second user profile that I can link to the spare key, and hopefully still monitor through the MyBMW app?

Do I create a seperate MyBMW account to do this, and then register that account to my car as well?

I want to create a second profile purely for when the car is in for servicing.

The car has only been at my local dealer a few times, and currently the spare key is not linked a profile so on the ID7, it just shows up as "Guest"

But anyway, I am sure they are giving the car the beans from cold when they "test drive" it, and I'd like to monitor what they are actually doing.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 10:05 AM   #8
041f0000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i MSport coupe

AFAIK You can only link the car to a single MyBMW ID as it’s using the VIN as the unique id. I tried to set up another MyBMW ID on my wife’s phone to the car but it won’t allow it. I set up a profile for the second key for my wife (so the seat settings change to suit) as an in-car profile but the MyBMW app won’t track it, it only tracks the primary key (happy to be told I’m wrong on this). I think it might be because the second key is linked only to the in-car profile not the app’s profile.
If my wife uses my key and swaps the profile in the car then the app tracking works.
So when I have mine serviced I just give them my key and I can track the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 12:48 PM   #9
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 041f0000 View Post
AFAIK You can only link the car to a single MyBMW ID as it’s using the VIN as the unique id. I tried to set up another MyBMW ID on my wife’s phone to the car but it won’t allow it. I set up a profile for the second key for my wife (so the seat settings change to suit) as an in-car profile but the MyBMW app won’t track it, it only tracks the primary key (happy to be told I’m wrong on this). I think it might be because the second key is linked only to the in-car profile not the app’s profile.
If my wife uses my key and swaps the profile in the car then the app tracking works.
So when I have mine serviced I just give them my key and I can track the car.
I've not tried it yet, but according to the young lady in this YT video, you can create a second MyBMW account and link it to the same VIN.

Appreciate 0