Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Can we code the grill so it remains open?

03-28-2024, 02:08 PM   #23
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustwhyn View Post
So after some digging, I found out that the “DemDtcInhibition” menu is, in fact accessible from BimmerCode and BimmerUtility expert modes. It’s 3002 under BDC. However, I have not had any luck using it to try to inhibit any of the resulting codes from physically removing my active grilles. The codes still populate as they did before.

From my understanding, you’re supposed to set the first value to 00 to disable the code, and the rest of the values will be the hex value of the error code split into two-character segments.

Probably works the similiar as the CC-ID calculation, the logic I explained here

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840937&page=5
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 02:14 PM   #24
dustwhyn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Probably works the similiar as the CC-ID calculation, the logic I explained here

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840937&page=5
Ohhh, okay. This helps a lot. I wasn’t sure what you meant by CC-ID before. I’ll see if I can figure out what ID’s are coming up. I’ll most likely remove the motors again (The constant spinning is annoying) and just attempt to suppress the two errors that result from that (CD9203 and CD9204) if possible.
Appreciate 0