Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Official College Football Smack Talk Thread

10-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #111
jacory12
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black

well guess Miami and FSU may not be rematching, NC State played well, oh well, still plenty of games to go
      10-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #112
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Holy shit I just saw the replay of Jacory getting smacked.... Fucking awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #113
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Florida SUCKS
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #114
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

season's winding down, give the fans what they want to see! Boise State -TCU championship game!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #115
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Cuse is going to a bowl...^no idea which one but it's one

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #116
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I smell a Rose Bowl invite....
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #117
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I smell a Rose Bowl invite....
Don't get caught sniffing the roses. You might step in some manure. That manure being Dick Rod and the roster of slot receivers he's built. All you guys really have to do is just run the ball. Or pass the ball. Or both. Pretty much just make sure not to run backwards or start your punter at QB, and you'll probably put up 600+ yards on us.

Michigan will be a dangerous game if the weather is nice. If it's even the least bit cold or rainy, you guys could probably rest every single starter you have and still beat us.

The only way you guys can lose that game is if you fuck yourselves.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #118
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Don't get caught sniffing the roses. You might step in some manure. That manure being Dick Rod and the roster of slot receivers he's built. All you guys really have to do is just run the ball. Or pass the ball. Or both. Pretty much just make sure not to run backwards or start your punter at QB, and you'll probably put up 600+ yards on us.

Michigan will be a dangerous game if the weather is nice. If it's even the least bit cold or rainy, you guys could probably rest every single starter you have and still beat us.

The only way you guys can lose that game is if you fuck yourselves.

It'll be a good game but I think with out run game = clock usage, it's gonna be a tough one for you guys. You do have some speed but you need holes in that line to use it and our DL is pretty fuckin good, don't forget about JJ Watt.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #119
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Thanks and Gig'Em
      11-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #120
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Many things come to mind with the season winding down.
Oregon despite having a bad defense, but a solid offense will win out.
Auburn will lose one of the it's next two games
And TCU showed how little of balls they actually have against SDSU and WILL drop to #4.
They haven't played a single hard team and absolutely suck.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #121
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Many things come to mind with the season winding down.
Oregon despite having a bad defense, but a solid offense will win out.
Auburn will lose one of the it's next two games
And TCU showed how little of balls they actually have against SDSU and WILL drop to #4.
They haven't played a single hard team and absolutely suck.
Oregon has a solid defense. Tcu is good. Boise states schedule isn't great either
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #122
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

DAYUM do you move Boise State up to 3?
      11-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #123
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post

It'll be a good game but I think with out run game = clock usage, it's gonna be a tough one for you guys. You do have some speed but you need holes in that line to use it and our DL is pretty fuckin good, don't forget about JJ Watt.
Yeah you guys didn't mess up nearly enough for Dick Rod's Ethnic Offense and Greg Robinson's Junior High Defense to even keep the game close....

So tired of being embarrassed like that. What happened to the Michigan tradition of having a solid defense, or at least a defense that wasn't the worst in the FBS? Exactly how bad do you have to be at your job to get fired? This is getting ridiculous.

And FFS we can't find a kicker who can make a FG to save his life....

Michigan Football is officially dead, and Rich Rodriguez is the one to blame for killing it. I know it's kinda taboo to wish death on anyone, especially around the Holidays, but we can't seem to find a way to fire him, so I guess just wishing death on him is the next best thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #124
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I wouldn't go that far, you guys will have a solid offense next year as people mature. Your D... maybe a different story but think of it this way....

at least you didn't give up 83 points
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #125
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Michigan Football is officially dead, and Rich Rodriguez is the one to blame for killing it.

It was dead before RR ever got there...that is the whole reason they hired him...and the fact that Michigan was even considered during the year is because of him....LOL.

Go Bucks! Down wit Blue!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #126
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Goddammit Miami... where is Butch Davis when you need him?? (rhetorical question - I know he's at UNC). We need a team like the one he built for the year 2001 - the greatest college football team in history
      11-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #127
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

The only questionable call was the roughing the QB. These calls happen every weekend across the country and the N fans/coach are screaming the game was rigged. uhhh k.

Pelini is one speeding ticket away from a heart attack and he is an embarassing dooof. Great example for your young men.

I was waiting for one of his own players to break his loud mouth jaw bone.
Attached Images

11-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #128
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
It was dead before RR ever got there...that is the whole reason they hired him...and the fact that Michigan was even considered during the year is because of him....LOL.

Go Bucks! Down wit Blue!
What are you talking about? So Lloyd had some trouble beating the neandrethals from down south, and he had an embarrassing loss against a top tier FCS team.... Michigan was over-ranked going into that year, and the best of the FBS are not terrible teams at all....

Michigan football wasn't dead before RR came along.... We had a solid defense every year, fielded great talent on offense, and had a shot at winning a game against any opponent in the country at any time. Plus, we were pumping players into the pros at a healthy, consistent pace.

Do you know why we have RR as coach instead of someone more capable? It's because Bill Martin (our dumbass AD at the time) had a fishing trip he had to tend to before contacting other prospective coaches (such as Les Miles). After he got back from his trip, RR was really the only high-profile choice he had. It was a stupid decision on his part.

And anyone who tries to use "Lloyd left the cupboard bare" excuse is smoking crack. There's a Heisman candidate QB (a real QB who can regularly throw the ball to his own players) down in the Ozarks who left UofM because of RR's silly system. There's also a really good Offensive Lineman in Columbus who we lost, and several recruits who we either had de-commit, or they were on the fence and Michigan was no longer on their short list.

Now, three years later, RR can't find a kicker to reliably make extra points or any kind of field goal, his system has driven some of our best players to leave for the pros prematurely (see Donovan Warren and several receivers who could actually catch the ball), and he hasn't replaced them with anyone worth a damn. He can't recruit defensive players at all (obviously).

We regularly embarrass ourselves on the field these days, even when we win. Seriously, how low has Michigan football sunk that we need to rush the field in celebration after needing 3 overtimes to barely beat a mediocre Illinois team at home??? How far have we fallen? Let's not even get into the off-field troubles and investigations.... What a disgrace.

The guy is a hack. He can't make it in a real conference like the Big Ten. It'll be nice to see him leave after we get stomped by OSU in embarrassing fashion (once again), and then have an embarrassing showing in some shit bowl game.

I would allow a rebuilding period for a coach who was developing professional atheletes. I would allow it if our progam was still one of discipline and integrity on and off the field. And last, but not least, it would be OK if they were actually showing progress. Other than Denard Robinson, the team itself has progressively gotten worse. If it wasn't for Denard, we'd be just as bad (record-wise) as we were last year, if not worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #129
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The only questionable call was the roughing the QB. These calls happen every weekend across the country and the N fans/coach are screaming the game was rigged. uhhh k.

Pelini is one speeding ticket away from a heart attack and he is an embarassing dooof. Great example for your young men.

pass interference one was too that set them up 6 to 3. that was more offensive then defensive.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #130
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
pass interference one was too that set them up 6 to 3. that was more offensive then defensive.
I disagree completely. The receiver was trying to come back to the ball and had his progress impeded by a defender who wasn't interested in playing the ball instead of the player. The receiver then tried to actively shed the defender. If it was a penalty at all, it was defensive pass interference. It was a touchy call for sure, but the announcers were high on crack, and this is was led to them inferring that it could even possibly be an offensive penalty.

The roughing the passer penalty was just absolutely ridiculous though. After watching the replay, I was just astounded that it could have even been considered as a penalty from any angle, even in real time. However, Pelini needs to wrok on his tact. That sort of leadership begets a team riddled with characters who also can't control their tempers, which leads to a lot of stupid penalties and loss of composure. You can be a hard-ass coach without making yourself look like such an immature moron. Take Bo and Woody, for example....
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #131
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
What are you talking about? So Lloyd had some trouble beating the neandrethals from down south, and he had an embarrassing loss against a top tier FCS team.... Michigan was over-ranked going into that year, and the best of the FBS are not terrible teams at all....

Michigan football wasn't dead before RR came along.... We had a solid defense every year, fielded great talent on offense, and had a shot at winning a game against any opponent in the country at any time. Plus, we were pumping players into the pros at a healthy, consistent pace.

Do you know why we have RR as coach instead of someone more capable? It's because Bill Martin (our dumbass AD at the time) had a fishing trip he had to tend to before contacting other prospective coaches (such as Les Miles). After he got back from his trip, RR was really the only high-profile choice he had. It was a stupid decision on his part.

And anyone who tries to use "Lloyd left the cupboard bare" excuse is smoking crack. There's a Heisman candidate QB (a real QB who can regularly throw the ball to his own players) down in the Ozarks who left UofM because of RR's silly system. There's also a really good Offensive Lineman in Columbus who we lost, and several recruits who we either had de-commit, or they were on the fence and Michigan was no longer on their short list.

Now, three years later, RR can't find a kicker to reliably make extra points or any kind of field goal, his system has driven some of our best players to leave for the pros prematurely (see Donovan Warren and several receivers who could actually catch the ball), and he hasn't replaced them with anyone worth a damn. He can't recruit defensive players at all (obviously).

We regularly embarrass ourselves on the field these days, even when we win. Seriously, how low has Michigan football sunk that we need to rush the field in celebration after needing 3 overtimes to barely beat a mediocre Illinois team at home??? How far have we fallen? Let's not even get into the off-field troubles and investigations.... What a disgrace.

The guy is a hack. He can't make it in a real conference like the Big Ten. It'll be nice to see him leave after we get stomped by OSU in embarrassing fashion (once again), and then have an embarrassing showing in some shit bowl game.

I would allow a rebuilding period for a coach who was developing professional atheletes. I would allow it if our progam was still one of discipline and integrity on and off the field. And last, but not least, it would be OK if they were actually showing progress. Other than Denard Robinson, the team itself has progressively gotten worse. If it wasn't for Denard, we'd be just as bad (record-wise) as we were last year, if not worse.

I was being a bit sarcastic...LOL Being a OSU fan and all.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #132
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Hope he enjoyed his stay in AggieLand

Thanks and Gig'em
Ernie A WHOOP!

On a side note, his brother is no class act either....
http://v4.texags.com/Stories/767

Last edited by shockin330i; 11-21-2010 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 0