Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Software update completed -- why is app still prompting me?

04-01-2024, 02:33 PM   #1
Jbucks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i xDrive

Software update completed -- why is app still prompting me?

Hi all, I successfully installed an update, downloading, installing, turning car off, waiting 20 mins, etc. In the remote software update option in car, it gives the latest version number and says there are no further updates available.

However, in myBMW app, it still is showing “New Remote Software Upgrade” on home screen and saying “upgrade ready to install” on another screen. It’s like it hasn’t recognized that it’s already done.

I have tried restarting iDrive, uninstalling and reinstalling app. Any ideas how to make app clear this out?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 08:03 PM   #2
prjkthack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
I'm having the same issue. Car updated just fine, but app still says there is an update.

Maybe a Genius knows, or maybe we'll just have to wait for an update to the app.
Appreciate 1
Jbucks13.00
      04-02-2024, 03:03 PM   #3
Anduril
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 430i Coupe

Hello,
I read this forum a lot while recently buying my G22 and thought this can be a good opportunity to give something back to the community and just registered
I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it: (Actually the problem is not on your mobile app . It is your car not connecting to any online services after update)
- Run your engine
- Go to data privacy settings and disable all data sharing
- Keep the volume button pressed about 20-30 seconds to reset iDrive
- Go to data privacy settings and enable all data sharing

After this everything should return back to normal.
Appreciate 1
zlatko134.00
      04-03-2024, 03:59 PM   #4
Jbucks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Hello,
I read this forum a lot while recently buying my G22 and thought this can be a good opportunity to give something back to the community and just registered
I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it: (Actually the problem is not on your mobile app . It is your car not connecting to any online services after update)
- Run your engine
- Go to data privacy settings and disable all data sharing
- Go to data privacy settings and enable all data sharing

After this everything should return back to normal.
Before doing this, I just want to clarify. Everything else in the app is updating — gas, etc. is it still worth going through two drive resets?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 05:18 PM   #5
Anduril
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 430i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbucks View Post
Before doing this, I just want to clarify. Everything else in the app is updating — gas, etc. is it still worth going through two drive resets?
Than it is a bit different than my issue. When you go to the Remote Software Upgrade menu in the car what do you see? Is there any text about online functions to be available as of next journey?
Btw it is still worth a try I think because you don't lose any data with the reset.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2024, 03:23 AM   #6
Stag77
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M340i XDrive

I'm currently having this same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which didn't solve the problem. I then reset idrive to factory settings, reconnected my app, and it still prompts me to update to a software version that the car is telling me is currently installed.

Most annoying of all, my remote start functions no longer work. Triple tapping the key fob yields no results, and turning the car on through the app says the climate control is on, but the car remains turned off. If it's of any value, the graphic showing air moving through the cabin is depicted with white lines instead of red lines to indicate the heat is on.

Last edited by Stag77; 04-05-2024 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 10:10 AM   #7
prjkthack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
I did the steps suggested yesterday and it did not solve the issue immediately. Additionally, disabling all the optional data also turns off the ability for the app to show your car's info, so its blank except for the software update notification (how ironic).

Now, about 24 hours later, the app finally says the car was updated and the notification is gone, but my app still remains blank. I'm thinking this is temporary, but I suppose we'll see.

Triple tapping the keyfob does work for me though. I don't think optional services should affect that.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 12:37 PM   #8
K20C4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G22 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stag77 View Post
I'm currently having this same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which didn't solve the problem. I then reset idrive to factory settings, reconnected my app, and it still prompts me to update to a software version that the car is telling me is currently installed.

Most annoying of all, my remote start functions no longer work. Triple tapping the key fob yields no results, and turning the car on through the app says the climate control is on, but the car remains turned off. If it's of any value, the graphic showing air moving through the cabin is depicted with white lines instead of red lines to indicate the heat is on.
I had this problem as well. You have to go into the climate settings to re-activate the remote start function.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 02:37 PM   #9
Stag77
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20C4 View Post
I had this problem as well. You have to go into the climate settings to re-activate the remote start function.
Awesome, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 10:17 PM   #10
Jbucks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Original poster here. Prompt suddenly disappeared and it’s saying “All good” and showing update was installed and is current. Bizarre. Random.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 04:13 AM   #11
Stokeybry
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport G21

Garage List
I think it takes a few days for the app to synchronise with the car regarding the software updates. I had mine updated at a dealer and it took nearly a week for the app to recognise the new software
Appreciate 1
Jbucks13.00
      04-06-2024, 01:05 PM   #12
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbucks View Post
Original poster here. Prompt suddenly disappeared and it’s saying “All good” and showing update was installed and is current. Bizarre. Random.
Mine did the same thing after a couple days.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 08:13 AM   #13
henry15
Registered
Rep
Drives: audi

Even after a software update completion, the app may still prompt for updates due to various reasons, such as cached data, delayed synchronization, or a glitch in the update process. Clearing app cache, force stopping the app, or restarting the device can often resolve this issue and stop unnecessary prompts. PM Kisan

Last edited by henry15; 05-01-2024 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0