Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Intake Valve Cleaning

10-23-2023, 04:49 PM   #1
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

Intake Valve Cleaning

Has anyone used the CRC Turbo and Intake Valve cleaner? I'm thinking of using this product but want to see what others think of it. Also, where did you inject it into the motor? It has been suggested it can be done through the MAF sensor opening. Has anybody used the MAF opening?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
jpeckinp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Convertible

I've used it on a few turbos before. Spray it in just past the MAP/MAF sensor. Don't spray it on the sensor though it is petroleum based and might coat the sensor. I use a very light spray of electronic parts cleaner on the sensor. If you spray with too much pressure it might damage the thin wires.
If you haven't already add a oil catch can to help prevent the build up on the valves.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeckinp View Post
I've used it on a few turbos before. Spray it in just past the MAP/MAF sensor. Don't spray it on the sensor though it is petroleum based and might coat the sensor. I use a very light spray of electronic parts cleaner on the sensor. If you spray with too much pressure it might damage the thin wires.
If you haven't already add a oil catch can to help prevent the build up on the valves.
I am going to remove the MAF and introduce the product using the MAF port, so don't have to worry about MAF being destroyed. I plan on installing an OCC next summer.
Appreciate 0