Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Current order times

08-30-2021, 05:53 AM   #45
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by d 246 View Post
I ordered in early Aug and was advised of an early Dec delivery. Just been advised that it will now be early Oct. Good news!
What car and spec is it?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2021, 06:23 AM   #46
d 246
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

M340i with fairly standard spec - extended shadowline etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 05:30 PM   #47
Carlos s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Quote:
Just wondered if anybody is currently or have very recently placed an order for a new 3 series and what they have been told to expect in terms of delivery timescales.
I test drove an M340i saloon just over 2 weeks ago but during the week prior had put down a deposit and placed an order for the M340i Touring (subject to final spec tweaks).

At the time salesman was hoping to be able to secure a potential September build slot (which would have meant a negotiation with another dealership) but this was not possible in the end.
Having spoken yesterday in an attempt to get a rough idea I was told that he would hope it would be November / December.

Both previous BMW have been either UK stock or traded from another dealer whilst on route to UK so I am not aware how the process works but it was implied that it's allocation of M340i for the UK that is the issue as though they are built in batches for regions.

Just curious as to whether others are being told a similar story or are expecting cars sooner having placed orders in the last couple of weeks.

Other than being eager to change cars my, I was also hoping to have swapped prior to the service on my current M135i (due October 21) and a potential need to change tyres if the order goes back too far.
Bit of an update on my situation…

After reading stories from some of the owners here I looked into the BMW Forces scheme out of curiosity and found that teaching is included. I made a call and spoke with them and they confirmed the discount that would be available but also that if I am still awaiting a build slot it would mean that it’s unlikely to go into production until 2022 probably meaning delivery Feb or March 2022.

Called my local dealership where my order is currently placed and he confirmed this is probably correct.

With this in mind and the additional discount available I am considering cancelling and re-ordering as I can save a big chunk on cost of the car or add more to the spec (pan roof for one) as the monthly pcp figures are also less by some way.

I may lose my £250 initial deposit but the saving would be much more than that.
Is this the program with BMW UK (through Park Lane)? Are they the ones quoting you a 2022 slot/ delivery? My experience ordering through their "direct" programs is they tend to have much more favorable production slots that the other dealers I've spoken to.

Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 06:01 PM   #48
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

I queried with them about the forces plan (bmw uk) in june and its through park Lane. At that time they were quoting a early 2022 delivery for a M340i.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 06:33 PM   #49
Carlos s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1985 View Post
I queried with them about the forces plan (bmw uk) in june and its through park Lane. At that time they were quoting a early 2022 delivery for a M340i.
That sounds extraordinarily long! I placed an order end of July and have estimated delivery last week of August. Guess they may only have very few slots for forces program. I'd ask again though- you never know, might get better luck now!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #50
jtd1010
Rep
Drives: G22 430i Portimao Blue

Woo! Going to my dealer today (Williams) to sign all the paperwork for my G22 430i, picking it up on Monday.. Nearly a month earlier than they originally stated. I'm pretty shocked, good shocked! Was due 30th Sept, ordered on 2nd July!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #51
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1010 View Post
Woo! Going to my dealer today (Williams) to sign all the paperwork for my G22 430i, picking it up on Monday.. Nearly a month earlier than they originally stated. I'm pretty shocked, good shocked! Was due 30th Sept, ordered on 2nd July!
Excellent news! I'm supposed to get mine week commencing this Monday. Only 3 shops from germany heading to Southampton before the 6th, 2 have already docked but the car is showing at the German port. I suspect there's a delay in the updates. How did you find your updates or did the dealer inform you?

Edit: bmw genius is saying the car is now at sea. Only 1 possible ship and that docks in Portsmouth tomorrow. Delivery date has now changed to the 19th! The heck?! It was originally w/c 6th. Dealer hasnt returned my call and now closed.

Last edited by Carbon dude; 09-03-2021 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #52
jtd1010
Rep
Drives: G22 430i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1985 View Post
Excellent news! I'm supposed to get mine week commencing this Monday. Only 3 shops from germany heading to Southampton before the 6th, 2 have already docked but the car is showing at the German port. I suspect there's a delay in the updates. How did you find your updates or did the dealer inform you?

Edit: bmw genius is saying the car is now at sea. Only 1 possible ship and that docks in Portsmouth tomorrow. Delivery date has now changed to the 19th! The heck?! It was originally w/c 6th. Dealer hasnt returned my call and now closed.
Fingers crossed you get some good news too! When I was in the dealer today doing the paperwork before handover on Monday the lady I'm dealing with said there are massive delays now for new orders and anything they take from this last week onward won't be here until March at the earliest :O so.. At least yours in on the way!

Ummmm dealer updates have been OK/pretty poor to be honest at the guy who I originally ordered from left the business and the handover was non-existent! .. But yeah, as it's got closer to delivery I've had a few more updates etc etc.

The timings seem really quite random! I was told mine had finished paint shop about 3 weeks ago and now it's ready to pick up, which compared to most currently seems quite fast? I suppose it can be quite a complex supply chain and depends on all sorts of variables.

Hope you're not waiting long!
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #53
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Bit of an update on my situation…

After reading stories from some of the owners here I looked into the BMW Forces scheme out of curiosity and found that teaching is included. I made a call and spoke with them and they confirmed the discount that would be available but also that if I am still awaiting a build slot it would mean that it’s unlikely to go into production until 2022 probably meaning delivery Feb or March 2022.

Called my local dealership where my order is currently placed and he confirmed this is probably correct.

With this in mind and the additional discount available I am considering cancelling and re-ordering as I can save a big chunk on cost of the car or add more to the spec (pan roof for one) as the monthly pcp figures are also less by some way.

I may lose my £250 initial deposit but the saving would be much more than that.
So after looking further at the forces deal (but leaving my existing order in place) out of the blue I got a call from an excited salesman saying that they had secured a build slot after doing a deal with another dealership. This build slot would mean a car available first week in November so much sooner than March 2022.

We had some discussion about the quote I had in hand from BMW UK and I managed to get a slightly better deal with an increase in spec.

So we are pressing ahead with this now and the final (ish) spec as follows:-
Mineral Grey M340i Touring with Carbon Fiber interior trim and M Seats in Black with Blue Stitching. We also have the Pan Roof, Tech Pack and Comfort Plus Pack. I stuck with Cerium trim rather than the black pack.

Now I have a date hopefully things stick to plan without any issues.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 12:08 PM   #54
Jimbo_555
Rep
Drives: M340i (on order) Boxster 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_555 View Post
First post from a long time stalker.

I ordered G21 M340i in mid June for delivery in mid Sept (week 37). Last dealer update in early August was to expect mid/end Sept delivery but there’s a chance of it “coming forward slightly”.

I think my timeline is similar to others on here but the anticipation is killing me.
I’ve just been pushed out to early November (week 45). So much for it coming forward slightly.

Crazy times…….
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #55
d 246
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by d 246 View Post
I ordered in early Aug and was advised of an early Dec delivery. Just been advised that it will now be early Oct. Good news!
And now, as of today, back out to mid-Nov.
Might just forget about it for a while.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #56
Nyad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Just another data point, my Nov delivery has been pushed back to Jan. Dealer is (apparently) trying to get them to move it back again.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 04:30 PM   #57
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Think 2022 MY production doesn't commence until Oct/Nov, with delivery early in New Year. I went ahead with a build now!! Ordered mid-Aug, in production now, delivery end Sep...

Does anybody know of a reliable VNi decoder?! mdecoder.com is pants!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 05:34 AM   #58
thescouselander
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Had an update yesterday that after my order in late August my 330i is now built and waiting for transport over here which is currently pencilled in for second half of October but the dealer is hopeful that might come forward.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #59
MikeG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G31 520d

Odering

I recently placed an order for a well specs up G21 320d although after placing the order I was not sure having for years always driven BMW 530 and 330s and lately xdrive but I thought I ought to economise, I was quoted early December delivery which fitted in nicely as my car was due back at Christmas but a phone call from the dealer to say delivery would now be early 2022 as all G21s’ are now being built in Mexico rather changed things, but, by sheer luck they had an ex demo 2500 miles available on a 21 plate AND it was a G21 330d x drive, what JOY all my doubts and worries solved in addition to which there was a special low finance deal if I completed by the 31st August which of course I did.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 05:52 AM   #60
brianapa
Rep
Drives: Landrover Evoque

So further update for my M340i

Ordered July 26th, intial delivery date when ordering was w/c 11th October. Then in mid August the dealer brought delivery date forward to w/c 13 Sept. Then the week before that it was moved back two weeks to w/c 27th Sept.

Today it has been moved back to w/c 4th Oct.

The car has been built and has exited production. It is now sitting for "quality check", which the dealer interprets as: were still short of some micro chips so were parking the car until they arrive. The only option pack I ordered was the Tech Pack Plus.

At least it is built (mostly), so we'll see what the situation is in a few weeks. The dealer said the next call he had to make was to a customer, whose car is delayed production until March next year!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #61
thescouselander
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG21 View Post
I recently placed an order for a well specs up G21 320d although after placing the order I was not sure having for years always driven BMW 530 and 330s and lately xdrive but I thought I ought to economise, I was quoted early December delivery which fitted in nicely as my car was due back at Christmas but a phone call from the dealer to say delivery would now be early 2022 as all G21s’ are now being built in Mexico rather changed things, but, by sheer luck they had an ex demo 2500 miles available on a 21 plate AND it was a G21 330d x drive, what JOY all my doubts and worries solved in addition to which there was a special low finance deal if I completed by the 31st August which of course I did.
Yes, I'd forgotten 3ers were built in mehico until the dealer mentioned it earlier this week. Mine is currently on the boat but I'm told it goes via Germany for a quick quality check before being sent on to the UK. Still looking at the last week in October for mine.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 03:58 PM   #62
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
I'm not saying you're definitely wrong but mine was built in Germany in July.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #63
Russ_M340i
Russ_M340i
England
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescouselander View Post
Quote:
I recently placed an order for a well specs up G21 320d although after placing the order I was not sure having for years always driven BMW 530 and 330s and lately xdrive but I thought I ought to economise, I was quoted early December delivery which fitted in nicely as my car was due back at Christmas but a phone call from the dealer to say delivery would now be early 2022 as all G21s' are now being built in Mexico rather changed things, but, by sheer luck they had an ex demo 2500 miles available on a 21 plate AND it was a G21 330d x drive, what JOY all my doubts and worries solved in addition to which there was a special low finance deal if I completed by the 31st August which of course I did.
Yes, I'd forgotten 3ers were built in mehico until the dealer mentioned it earlier this week. Mine is currently on the boat but I'm told it goes via Germany for a quick quality check before being sent on to the UK. Still looking at the last week in October for mine.
My g20 m340i that I'm picking up next week was built in Germany. Ordered mid July
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #64
thescouselander
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_M340i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I recently placed an order for a well specs up G21 320d although after placing the order I was not sure having for years always driven BMW 530 and 330s and lately xdrive but I thought I ought to economise, I was quoted early December delivery which fitted in nicely as my car was due back at Christmas but a phone call from the dealer to say delivery would now be early 2022 as all G21s' are now being built in Mexico rather changed things, but, by sheer luck they had an ex demo 2500 miles available on a 21 plate AND it was a G21 330d x drive, what JOY all my doubts and worries solved in addition to which there was a special low finance deal if I completed by the 31st August which of course I did.
My g20 m340i that I'm picking up next week was built in Germany. Ordered mid July
Indeed. I was told that all the standard "series" cars are made in Mexico and M cars and X cars in Germany. They also said something about South Africa but I can't remember what they said was made there.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 06:02 PM   #65
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Indeed. I was told that all the standard "series" cars are made in Mexico and M cars and X cars in Germany. They also said something about South Africa but I can't remember what they said was made there.
X3s apparently are coming from South Africa so I’ve heard.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 06:04 PM   #66
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
If you know your new cars VIN and it starts ‘WBA’ then it’s German built. If it starts with a ‘3’ (if I remember correctly) then it’s been built in Mexico.
Appreciate 0