Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK How long for G20 shipping to UK from Mexico

04-15-2023, 03:28 AM   #1
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

How long for G20 shipping to UK from Mexico

Hi there,

I was wondering what people's average shipping times have been for G20s coming from Mexico?

I think mine is going via Germany (I have the Technology Plus Pack specced so perhaps that is fitted there).

I got a call on the 22nd of March saying it was build and in port (not sure which one) waiting on a boat. Dealer said to expect it the first week of May, does that sound about right?

My last car was plant Dingolfing and was pretty much 5 weeks from order to delivery, so this is a bit of change for a car ordered in November (the day before the price rise) last year.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

All Mexico cars go via Germany (god knows why!). Mine took about 6 weeks once it left Mexico, but that was before everything went to pot with Covid etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

All cars don’t go to Germany after Mexico. Most ships seem to visit the US after Veracruz and others then to Barcelona before Southampton.

My 330e appeared to sit for 6 (yes six) weeks at Veracruz after build.

There is a web page link to shipping agents but I am afraid the Genius isn’t much help on this. It is really frustrating waiting for it to arrive at Southampton.

When my car did arrive at Southampton it was almost 3 weeks before it arrived at the dealer.

Believe me I feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 02:20 AM   #4
michael_e
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

It’s most likely shipping via K-line. Their Roro schedule is online if you google and select Mexico/ N America to Europe.

My car is at sea on either Victoria Highway or Horizon Highway. You can use the marine traffic app to track. Both due 24/25 th April approx.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 03:09 PM   #5
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Thanks for the responses.

Looks like the first week of May will be a little hopeful.

Bit annoying, as I have one of those "big" birthdays coming that week and have a planned trip to an amazing restaurant up the west coast near Inveraray.

Now it looks like my new car won't hit it.

Never know, could be lucky, but looking a little tight.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 03:11 AM   #6
olezheboka
Rep
Drives: M340i

Mine was already built in Mexico few weeks ago, how do you guys understand which ship and when it will come to you? I am in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 04:34 AM   #7
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

You can make a best guess which ship it will be on by looking at the dates the ship arrives at port.

Do you have an estimated delivery date from the genius ?

Here’s the schedule

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...e_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 04:14 PM   #8
olezheboka
Rep
Drives: M340i

I only know it should arrive at the end of September/beginning of October to my city.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 04:15 AM   #9
M340iwoody
Woody
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Anybody hear of delays in getting 3-series saloons shipped out of Mexico to the UK?
Ordered my M340i on 28th February. Was told by my dealer that the expected delivery would be week 29 (17th to 23rd July).
Early August I was told of port congestion in Mexico and that my car would be delayed but the dealer could not give an updated delivery.
Yesterday the dealer told me that even though my car was built on 23rd of May it will now not be with them until week 43 in October.
An 8 month lead time since it was ordered!
I guess the dealer will now try and gouge me on the trade in value of my 335d.
With such a long delivery time they are holding all the cards.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 05:08 AM   #10
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340iwoody View Post
Anybody hear of delays in getting 3-series saloons shipped out of Mexico to the UK?
Ordered my M340i on 28th February. Was told by my dealer that the expected delivery would be week 29 (17th to 23rd July).
Early August I was told of port congestion in Mexico and that my car would be delayed but the dealer could not give an updated delivery.
Yesterday the dealer told me that even though my car was built on 23rd of May it will now not be with them until week 43 in October.
I’m in the same situation car was built 5th June had an estimated delivery of week commencing 21st August. BMW don’t have an eta yet for delivery till a boat is allocated.

Do you you know your build status and asked the genius ? Mines on 160 awaiting hand over to delivery team.

There are huge backlogs in Mexico exporting car, the genius said Bmw have measures in place to clear it. Guys who have ordered the G42 (2 series ) are experiencing the same issue also built in Mexico.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 08:45 AM   #11
M340iwoody
Woody
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

The last I saw mine was status 160 but dealer told me yesterday they now had a date from BMW when it would be with them so this might have changed.
I have not spoken to the genius as I don't think they'd know more than the dealer - unless somebody tells me otherwise?
My concern is having it sat at the port in the salty air for a good few weeks won't have done the bodywork any good.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 09:14 AM   #12
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
The last I saw mine was status 160 but dealer told me yesterday they now had a date from BMW when it would be with them so this might have changed.
I have not spoken to the genius as I don't think they'd know more than the dealer - unless somebody tells me otherwise?
My concern is having it sat at the port in the salty air for a good few weeks won't have done the bodywork any good.
They have access to the same system to check on the status, I find it easier to ask genius (online chat) than ring the dealer. Genius advised the next code should be 165 (roughly means car is at port and ship being allocated)

I don’t think the dealers know what’s going on to be honest, mine thinks it’ll be here in 2 week. I laughed and doubted the that very much.

The value of my current car has lost £££ since I put the order down and I have no delivery date. It’s frustrating!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #13
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Genius can tell you what delivery eta is showing on the system. See if it matches what the dealer is saying.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #14
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Salty air at the port shouldn't be too much of a concern, after all you could live by the coast anyway (we do!). it's more likely that 'fallout' contaminants would settle on the top surfaces due to the industrial atmosphere at docks but then again your car will most likely have 'transit protection' (covers on the top surfaces anyway) so any crap will be on the covers and not the paintwork.
It's easy to do an 'iron fallout' wash of the paintwork if you need to which won't harm the paint finish.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 04:59 PM   #15
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
I'm on 12 months already for my 330e. I've had 4 delays and I was told 4 weeks ago of a further delay. Was supposed to to arrive into the dealership on the 17th September, checked with the lease company to make sure on schedule....and low and behold now told the 3rd October due to shipping delays so it seems common at the moment!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 05:39 AM   #16
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post
I'm on 12 months already for my 330e. I've had 4 delays and I was told 4 weeks ago of a further delay. Was supposed to to arrive into the dealership on the 17th September, checked with the lease company to make sure on schedule....and low and behold now told the 3rd October due to shipping delays so it seems common at the moment!
I started not to believe what the dealership is telling me. Mine they reckon end of the month, I know it won’t then based on the shipping k line schedules from Mexico. Next boat round of boats to come into Southampton is 12th and 28th October.
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      09-06-2023, 08:32 AM   #17
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Just checked with Genuis status has updated to 165 after 11 weeks on 160, due for delivery week commencing 23rd October.

Looks like any cars built end of May and June will be on the next boat (Niagara Highway)
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      09-06-2023, 04:42 PM   #18
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post
Just checked with Genuis status has updated to 165 after 11 weeks on 160, due for delivery week commencing 23rd October.

Looks like any cars built end of May and June will be on the next boat (Niagara Highway)
Well I won't get too excited then! Really wish I went Audi now, no car is worth a 13 / 14 month delay!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 03:23 AM   #19
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

My M240i is in the same position, been status 160 since June, build date according to VIN decoder was 8th June and when I asked last night, no change, still status 160 and no ETA.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 03:57 AM   #20
supest
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post

My car's status is on 165 with the same delivery date, too. It was, however, built/ produced in August and the status was updated on 31 Aug. I'm not sure if they're clearing the backlog chronologically.

Also - I've been conflicting updates from the Genius team. Earlier they said that the car will be shipped straight to the UK, but now it'll stop over at Bremerhaven first.

Does anyone have a chronological list of the status codes? Would the next one imply it is on a carrier, or can 165 be also construed to being in transit. The Genius team gave conflicting messages on this, too. They once mentioned that the car is still on the port, and the other time they mentioned that their systems cannot track the location so it may be on the carrier already.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 05:27 AM   #21
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supest View Post
My car's status is on 165 with the same delivery date, too. It was, however, built/ produced in August and the status was updated on 31 Aug. I'm not sure if they're clearing the backlog chronologically.

Also - I've been conflicting updates from the Genius team. Earlier they said that the car will be shipped straight to the UK, but now it'll stop over at Bremerhaven first.

Does anyone have a chronological list of the status codes? Would the next one imply it is on a carrier, or can 165 be also construed to being in transit. The Genius team gave conflicting messages on this, too. They once mentioned that the car is still on the port, and the other time they mentioned that their systems cannot track the location so it may be on the carrier already.
Your lucky car being built recently and assigned a boat. They done a good effort to clear the backlog.

My understanding the car will go to Southampton first, Bremerhaven is the final stop. Looking at the shipping schedules.

Once the car has been loaded and on the move, the status will change to 195.

160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:22 AM   #22
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

My car is at code 160, built in August. According to Genius it is due on w/c 23 rd October but looking at the schedules this looks unlikely now?
Appreciate 0