Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Altering limit speed in line with speed signs?

01-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
Robsa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Altering limit speed in line with speed signs?

Good evening all

So I was wondering whether you can set the car to automatically raise and lower the speed limiting function in line with the posted speed? I read on here someone said the could with the HUD, but I don't have this. I know you can press the 'set' button every time it changes, but that's a ball ache really isn't it? Better if it did it automatically.

You would have thought this would be an ideal 'offer' to buy as an add-on through the online shop wouldn't you? How hard can it be to automatically adjust the speed limit in line with the changing speed limit on the road?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsa View Post
Good evening all

So I was wondering whether you can set the car to automatically raise and lower the speed limiting function in line with the posted speed? I read on here someone said the could with the HUD, but I don't have this. I know you can press the 'set' button every time it changes, but that's a ball ache really isn't it? Better if it did it automatically.

You would have thought this would be an ideal 'offer' to buy as an add-on through the online shop wouldn't you? How hard can it be to automatically adjust the speed limit in line with the changing speed limit on the road?

Cheers
It can do it automatically. Also, it will slow down before the roundabouts and sharp turns if you wish. I'm guessing you need the assistant pro option for this to be available. I don't have HUD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsa View Post
Good evening all

Cheers
I have this but don’t use it. Loads of times it registers the wrong speed limit around my area. There are threads on here where people from the U.K. have posted pictures showing stupid speed limits.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
I have this but don’t use it. Loads of times it registers the wrong speed limit around my area. There are threads on here where people from the U.K. have posted pictures showing stupid speed limits.
I mean, it's OK most of the time but you need to stay alert or you may end up doing 100mph
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #5
Robsa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

thanks guys, you clearly need assistant pro option which I don't have. I have to press the set button manually to change it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:38 AM   #6
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I have the DAP option, I have found you can set it up with a +/- feature against the posted speed. It works pretty well. But on odd occassions its been confused and put me down to 30 instead of 50 on Mway. 40 in 20 zone....but on the whole its impressive how it works.

The only grip I have found really is the specs cameras are mounted some way away from speed limit signs so you have to be careful on those. It will go 70-50 very promptly so watch out for cars behind you.

I only went for DAP as I wanted radar cruise.
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0