Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Carbon fibre roof and interior g20

02-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #1
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Garage List
Carbon fibre roof and interior g20

I am new to this site as ordered a G20 M340i back in November and hopefully due for delivery to dealer in next few weeks so exiting times.
I have just been on the Configerator and now see that BMW UK have CF available for this in build - Roof and Interior trims so a little miffed as already spent £500 adding ind Ali fabric when all along would have loved the CF look, was told will never be an option and that was fine. You need to package it with so options with a roof so total extra is £2.5K
Q is now that its an option at build does that mean the CF internal trim will be available to buy from BMW and add on at a later date, granted it will cost more than £500.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 04:00 AM   #2
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryD View Post
I am new to this site as ordered a G20 M340i back in November and hopefully due for delivery to dealer in next few weeks so exiting times.
I have just been on the Configerator and now see that BMW UK have CF available for this in build - Roof and Interior trims so a little miffed as already spent £500 adding ind Ali fabric when all along would have loved the CF look, was told will never be an option and that was fine. You need to package it with so options with a roof so total extra is £2.5K
Q is now that its an option at build does that mean the CF internal trim will be available to buy from BMW and add on at a later date, granted it will cost more than £500.
The new carbon options have only been released. You should be able to check with your local BMW parts dept if these parts on up on their catalogue yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 04:15 AM   #3
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
The new carbon options have only been released. You should be able to check with your local BMW parts dept if these parts on up on their catalogue yet.
All a bit confusing, the configurator states the interior trim is only available for the M440i (if selected as part of M Carbon Pack).

Carbon Fibre Interior Trim
Carbon Fibre interior trim. Available on the M440d xDrive and M440i xDrive models.

There's always Halfords. Sure they'll do a carbon fibre look.
      02-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #4
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
emailed dealer i am buying car from, only available on new builds post March apparently so to change mine that is individual build would need to cancel and start from scratch.... ill stick with what my original order is but looks great i think.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
All a bit confusing, the configurator states the interior trim is only available for the M440i (if selected as part of M Carbon Pack).

Carbon Fibre Interior Trim
Carbon Fibre interior trim. Available on the M440d xDrive and M440i xDrive models.

There's always Halfords. Sure they'll do a carbon fibre look.
its an option on the UK configurator now if building an M340i, wasnt before the weekend mind you.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:43 AM   #6
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
its an option on the UK configurator now if building an M340i, wasnt before the weekend mind you.
..but if to expand the more details on the interior trim item within the M Carbon Pack, it says for M440i only. or at least did this morning.
      02-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #7
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
..but if to expand the more details on the interior trim item within the M Carbon Pack, it says for M440i only. or at least did this morning.
just had another look and only available on M340i builds in 3 series so cant order on 320/330 etc
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #8
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Just noticed this in the Accessory Shop. A bargain at "from £855"!

Carbon Interior
HarryD28.50
      02-14-2021, 07:32 AM   #9
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
thanks pal, that will be something to look at down the line but good to see available now to retro fit.....just wish i hadnt fitted a £500 update on trim that been ordered already
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #10
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
thanks pal, that will be something to look at down the line but good to see available now to retro fit.....just wish i hadnt fitted a £500 update on trim that been ordered already
The trim in the listing you mention is not the same as what is now being offered at factory level. The factory built offer is gloss and the M Performance retro fit is open pore/matte.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #11
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
The trim in the listing you mention is not the same as what is now being offered at factory level. The factory built offer is gloss and the M Performance retro fit is open pore/matte.
yeah thats very true actually, if i could have changed my build and added it i would have but dealer says would have to cancel and start order from scratch so staying as originally ordered as already been waiting sine end of November......... not due until end of March so dont want to wait any longer than that.....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 04:30 AM   #12
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
yeah thats very true actually, if i could have changed my build and added it i would have but dealer says would have to cancel and start order from scratch so staying as originally ordered as already been waiting sine end of November......... not due until end of March so dont want to wait any longer than that.....
Yes that's a shame although as I have said before elsewhere on the site, I much prefer the look of the open pore carbon trim to that of the gloss.

Anyway I'm sure it'll matter a bit less to you that you have missed out once you finally get the car in your possession
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 01:35 PM   #13
HarryD
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Yes that's a shame although as I have said before elsewhere on the site, I much prefer the look of the open pore carbon trim to that of the gloss.

Anyway I'm sure it'll matter a bit less to you that you have missed out once you finally get the car in your possession
yes cant wait to be fair and think just being bit greedy when i saw the CF is now available for it.......... ;-)
Appreciate 0