Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals G20 in Portimao Blue with M Performance Parts (Carbon)

06-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #67
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:
So defensive. I have sedatives for you.
Not so much defensive as I am tired of reading the comments. I do not own a 3-series and don't ever plan to (unless BMW gets wise and brings the Touring here), so I have no skin in the game. Just hate stupid, unfounded comments and had to call some of you out for it. I do feel better now. How about those sedatives...
It's a forum full of thousands of members with thousands of opinions. If you can't agree to disagree, or appreciate that not everybody shares the same subjective opinions, then maybe forums aren't the place for your SJW-like sensibilities. I have plenty of skin in the game being a long time BMW driver. I'm entitled to criticize just as much as the next man or woman. I love you!
You absolutely are entitled to criticize as you wish, but you frequently do so in a condescending manner, as if anyone who doesn't share your perspective has an invalid opinion or must be some kind of idiot. That is just not necessary. Just make your comments and leave the attitude out of them.
No. I'm actually relatively neutral. Nothing is a judgment. Sensitive types read too into things.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #68
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joro2819 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
You absolutely are entitled to criticize as you wish, but you frequently do so in a condescending manner, as if anyone who doesn't share your perspective has an invalid opinion or must be some kind of idiot. That is just not necessary. Just make your comments and leave the attitude out of them.
Agree, it's one thing to have a objective critique but to trash someone's vehicle is just wrong.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I wonder if they would say it in person.
Oh now don't be so obtuse. I mean that playfully. Nobody "trashed" anybody's vehicle. Talk about being extremely liberal with a response. I don't think anybody in this thread said anything negative about the car, and nothing was said that even remotely resembles a trashing. Geez! Even those who responded about not liking black wheels, etc. still left the OP a favorable comment about his car and color choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #69
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Just beautiful and your mods/add-ons really complete the look.

The color reminds me of my 03 Sonic Blue Kenne Bell Cobra. My favorite color ever.

Enjoy yours in great health!

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #70
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
What are you guys smoking to create these visual hallucinations? Look at the pics sq86 posted. Not a single similarity other than the color, which is actually not similar either since OP's pics are photoshopped or have the color tinted for some reason. Portimao blue does not look like this in real life.

The outline of the tail lights, the internal bulb design of the tail lights, the side profile and character lines, the exhaust, the lip spoiler, etc. are all completely different!! Again, what are you tripping on and why are you guys totally stuck on the whole Lexus thing? It's beyond old at this point. If you're going to mock the design, at least point out some objective evidence to back up your claim. Otherwise, just making generic comments and posting pics that basically contradict your statements just makes you look like a bunch of butthurt Lexus fanboys.
Not trying to jack the OP's thread but nevertheless, you want a reply you'll get one. A) You need to relax. B) It's an opinion. C) That being said you wanted objective points, here you go: the taillights on the ES have similar shading albeit with different shapes, a la reminiscent of a Lexus; the edge of the trunk has sloping lines, similar to each of the Lexus'; the body line that runs into the rear quarter panel, while softer on the G20, is similar to the Lexus. Also, the Lexus' have a sharper version of the Hoffmeister kink, which they took from BMW. To me, it's just the rear and not much else on the G20 but that has always held true that the 3 has had a similar design carryover from the prior gen. You could see the evolution, you can't here.

I've owned 4 BMWs, my current one being an E92, rest assured I'm not a "butthurt Lexus fanboy" (common defense of objectors to Lexus similarity comments). If anything I want the BMW to look different than a Lexus to preserve BMWs unique design. That's why I'm vociferous about it. IMO the 3 lost its unique design, especially with this generation. Car companies copied the 3 for a reason, not the other way around...

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #71
Joro2819
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

Quote:
Oh now don't be so obtuse. I mean that playfully. Nobody "trashed" anybody's vehicle. Talk about being extremely liberal with a response. I don't think anybody in this thread said anything negative about the car, and nothing was said that even remotely resembles a trashing. Geez! Even those who responded about not liking black wheels, etc. still left the OP a favorable comment about his car and color choice.
No harm, that's funny, I dont think bbn I have ever been called obtuse. I was always raised to respect others and be careful about the way you come across to others. It bothers me when I see really critical responses in the thread. Right and a wrong way to say you dont like someone's car. Thanks for your response.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #72
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joro2819 View Post
Quote:
No harm, that's funny, I dont think bbn I have ever been called obtuse. I was always raised to respect others and be careful about the way you come across to others. It bothers me when I see really critical responses in the thread. Right and a wrong way to say you dont like someone's car. Thanks for your response.
I get the overall gist of your response, and I agree that decorum should be employed.....

..but, it's a forum. People, in general, shouldn't be so thin skinned, especially when criticism comes in the form of anonymity.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #73
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
What are you guys smoking to create these visual hallucinations? Look at the pics sq86 posted. Not a single similarity other than the color, which is actually not similar either since OP's pics are photoshopped or have the color tinted for some reason. Portimao blue does not look like this in real life.

The outline of the tail lights, the internal bulb design of the tail lights, the side profile and character lines, the exhaust, the lip spoiler, etc. are all completely different!! Again, what are you tripping on and why are you guys totally stuck on the whole Lexus thing? It's beyond old at this point. If you're going to mock the design, at least point out some objective evidence to back up your claim. Otherwise, just making generic comments and posting pics that basically contradict your statements just makes you look like a bunch of butthurt Lexus fanboys.
I don't think the G20 looks like a Lexus, especially in person. However, you can't change what people see. I'm sure a lot of people are just having a little fun with it, too.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #74
WhiteM4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 convertible

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 09:05 PM   #75
wwannabebmwboy
Private
Rep