Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Doug Demuro M340i Review

06-13-2019, 03:13 PM   #23
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Nothing strange about it , the car simply has zero hype behind it and for a good reason.
Hmm. Insert eye roll emoji or a Trump WRONG gif? So many decisions.

Have you driven one? It's a really great car.
Appreciate 1
nola2atx124.00
      06-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #24
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
Said the same thing most of us were saying. M doesn’t belong on the non M car
As someone that is buying his first BMW. I understand the whole M thing but I view it like this...the M340i is a M Performance while a M2, M3, M4...M5 (my dream car) are M Cars. M Performance indicates "M Like" Performance while M is the real deal.

I know this is really going to be hated but at the end of the day no matter how much you love BMW and how much you love your vehicle, you don't get to decide what is and what isn't an M car unless you are apart of the BMW team that presents, designs and makes the calls on these cars.

Despite all this I will always love BMW whether its a M Performance Model or a true M model.
      06-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #25
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Nothing strange about it , the car simply has zero hype behind it and for a good reason.

Yes I have driven it, I've driven every single BMW up to date and I own an M4.
It's an ok car , very lexus-ish and nothing about it is special. Sorry
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's not unexpected and it's OK to feel this way you probably not ready to trade and want to convince yourself that's the right thing Few F80/82 folks have gone to the G20 because it's fresh and does not start to feel outdated like the F80/82 who have been in the market over 5 years now. Also, comparing a non-M to an M car is not fair if your only comparison factors are speed and HP. The G20 is perfect for DD with fun and attitude and it's all season car cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #27
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Which trim? There isn't any on the doors.
It just looks flat and paper thin.
Agreed. Door panels are awful. My kids Mazda CX-5 interior is nicer.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #28
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Agreed. Door panels are awful. My kids Mazda CX-5 interior is nicer.
My wife drives a CX-5 as well and I agree with your statement!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #29
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's not unexpected and it's OK to feel this way you probably not ready to trade and want to convince yourself that's the right thing Few F80/82 folks have gone to the G20 because it's fresh and does not start to feel outdated like the F80/82 who have been in the market over 5 years now. Also, comparing a non-M to an M car is not fair if your only comparison factors are speed and HP. The G20 is perfect for DD with fun and attitude and it's all season car cheers
I don't need to convince myself of anything lol
It's just a basic car and my F8X doesn't feel outdated whatsoever.

I'm coming from a 11' 335 E92 & 13' 335iS and I've had an E90 prior to that , so going into a 17' 340 was not an option for me as it was nowhere close to an iS
So I grabbed a Benz lol and then an M4 a year later.

The 340 F30 didn't have a soul and now I test drove this new G20 for shits n giggles as I was actually at the dealer for an M5 and it was just as horrible. It can have the tech and the better interior, but like many others I fell in love with BMW for "Ultimate driving machine " and not " sheer driving pleasure "

It still has numb steering feedback , the exhaust is whatever and sounds identical to the Audi.
The rear end is so Lexus it's not even funny , mirror caps from Audi , and a front end that already needs an LCI just a few months into production .

Also the best part , it's a brand new model and already up to $10,000 discount off MSRP at certain dealers , that alone says everything.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to dick ride and defend this model when it's clearly an epic flop.
Just let us mourn in peace and complain in these forums
Appreciate 1
MT4life575.50
      06-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #30
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
OK I'm defending no one and trying to be fair. I hated the F30 but should give BMW credit when they done the G20 right ... BTW I don't own one (yet) so I'm not biased at all. The G20 with the current discounts is the best car you can buy for mid $50k that's a fact 🤗 Also, discounts don't mean anything, my local dealer was discounting the M3CS/M4CS about $25k or more, doesn't mean those are bad cars ... Also, being fair to BMW, I like the direction they are going with the X5/X7/G20/M8 ... thanks for keeping the discussion professional
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      06-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #31
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK I'm defending no one and trying to be fair. I hated the F30 but should give BMW credit when they done the G20 right ... BTW I don't own one (yet) so I'm not biased at all. The G20 with the current discounts is the best car you can buy for mid $50k that's a fact 🤗 Also, discounts don't mean anything, my local dealer was discounting the M3CS/M4CS about $25k or more, doesn't mean those are bad cars ... Also, being fair to BMW, I like the direction they are going with the X5/X7/G20/M8 ... thanks for keeping the discussion professional
I like the X7 and somewhat the 8 but the side profile is very mustang and I can't help but feel bmw has seriously lost its way but to each his own.

They'll lose my business and earn yours and it won't matter.
Appreciate 1
MT4life575.50
      06-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #32
bimmer813
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2024 X5 M60

So did you two kids like the Doug Demuro video?

Lol if you want to complain to each other, do it in DMs. No need to ruin a thread.

I’m excited for the new M3, hopefully it is a bit more raw and offers a 6-speed.
Appreciate 2
GGG333603.50
MT4life575.50
      06-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #33
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
I like the X7 and somewhat the 8 but the side profile is very mustang and I can't help but feel bmw has seriously lost its way but to each his own.

You shared you are moving on to an SUV - given your taste in cars and mods (you have some very pricey and nice stuff for sale) - where are you headed? Lambo? X5M?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #34
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsglen View Post
Quote:

You shared you are moving on to an SUV - given your taste in cars and mods (you have some very pricey and nice stuff for sale) - where are you headed? Lambo? X5M?
Still undecided, looking at M5.
I think the car is perfect but I miss the DCT feeling and I'm not a fan of the interior color choices.

Lambo is nowhere near the budget 😂
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #35
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer813 View Post
So did you two kids like the Doug Demuro video?

Lol if you want to complain to each other, do it in DMs. No need to ruin a thread.

I'm excited for the new M3, hopefully it is a bit more raw and offers a 6-speed.
More excited for the M4 because I have a feeling it won't look like a Lexus and more like a mini 8 without the Moostang side profile
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #36
Transfer
Major General
Rep

There are some of us who prefer our pedestrian vehicles cost let's say less than $60k, and are enjoyable all year. Nothing else out there really as far as I know. I'm sad to lose my M3 but need to to get something more practical. I personally would never consider an F8x but I guess it makes sense over M340i if someone wants RWD. God knows they've depreciated enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #37
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
So not to ruin the thread for the OP, let it fade out
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #38
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The discussion is quite relevant to the review though. Doug feels this car is a good deal all things considered. I'm not sure I would call it a good deal but you certainly get what you pay for at the price point and it beats the competition as far as I'm concerned. If someone is coming from, and only interested in, M cars or other $80-100-120k vehicles then yeah they're gonna say this great $60k car is trash. But it's not. At all. And the Doug score is fairly positive.
Appreciate 1
nola2atx124.00
      06-14-2019, 01:55 AM   #39
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The discussion is quite relevant to the review though. Doug feels this car is a good deal all things considered. I'm not sure I would call it a good deal but you certainly get what you pay for at the price point and it beats the competition as far as I'm concerned. If someone is coming from, and only interested in, M cars or other $80-100-120k vehicles then yeah they're gonna say this great $60k car is trash. But it's not. At all. And the Doug score is fairly positive.
But here's the thing , personally I am only interested in high performance vehicles.
However I don't consider the 65K C43 trash lol
I actually find it to be an amazing car and superior to the 340 and truth be told , if I was in the $600 a month market to lease , I'd take the Benz 100%.

Do I want it to be like this ? Of course not. I'm a BMW
guy and I want the brand to be on top.
But I'll be critical when necessary only because I love the brand so much.

I think it's important that in this forum we realize we are all here because we clearly love the brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #40
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But here's the thing , personally I am only interested in high performance vehicles.
I actually find it to be an amazing car and superior to the 340 and truth be told , if I was in the $600 a month market to lease , I'd take the Benz 100%.

I think it's important that in this forum we realize we are all here because we clearly love the brand.
I guess I just disagree. I did two M340i xDrive test drives including aggressive driving up to 110mph and it felt fantastic. Very similar to my E92 M3 just with a different engine. I've driven the Benz and it's fast, handles great, and I personally do like the looks and interior but to me it's all equal to the bimmer but with a rough ride as a negative. The M340i leases for less as well.
Appreciate 1
GGG333603.50
      06-15-2019, 02:32 AM   #41
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I just disagree. I did two M340i xDrive test drives including aggressive driving up to 110mph and it felt fantastic. Very similar to my E92 M3 just with a different engine. I've driven the Benz and it's fast, handles great, and I personally do like the looks and interior but to me it's all equal to the bimmer but with a rough ride as a negative. The M340i leases for less as well.
Well there you go , the rough ride is a positive to me
To each his own , didn't mean to insult anyone btw !

Enjoy the car in good health !
Appreciate 0