Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Pictures of our first M340i on the lot (Mineral Gray / Cognac)

05-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #309
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
Quote:
This BMW "is350" looks decent with that wheel package.
Go look at E92 and please try saying is350 again...
The E92 doesn't look like a Lexus. This new 3 has distinct Lexus cues, especially from the rear. Don't take it personal.
Why are people so fixated on one aspect of the car, and then saying it looks like a Lexus. Speaking as someone who has an M340 and parks next to a Lexus every day, when you look at the car as a whole car, and don't fixated on a single component, it looks absolutely nothing like a Lexus!
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
BigSky702687.00
      05-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #310
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The E92 doesn't look like a Lexus. This new 3 has distinct Lexus cues, especially from the rear. Don't take it personal.
Why are people so fixated on one aspect of the car, and then saying it looks like a Lexus. Speaking as someone who has an M340 and parks next to a Lexus every day, when you look at the car as a whole car, and don't fixated on a single component, it looks absolutely nothing like a Lexus!
Relax! Don't take people's criticism(s) of BMW's current design approach personal. It is obvious that the car doesn't look completely like a Lexus, but there are similar styling cues. There are always criticisms any time a new vehicle hits the market. BMW's newest offering is no different.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #311
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
And it sure as hell doesn't drive\feel like an IS... (which is a + IMHO)

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)

Last edited by BigSky702; 05-12-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #312
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Relax! Don't take people's criticism(s) of BMW's current design approach personal. It is obvious that the car doesn't look completely like a Lexus, but there are similar styling cues. There are always criticisms any time a new vehicle hits the market. BMW's newest offering is no different.
Nothing personal taken I assure you. But this is a theme that certain people on this forum seem to want to ram home at every opportunity, regardless of the relevance to the thread topic. That seems a bit pointless to me. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #313
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing personal taken I assure you. But this is a theme that certain people on this forum seem to want to ram home at every opportunity, regardless of the relevance to the thread topic. That seems a bit pointless to me. Just my opinion.
Well it's relevant to those people, especially if the thread was intended to be visual in nature. The OP posted photos for everybody to enjoy and/or critique. It's no different than if you started a thread titled, "Hey guys! Check out these pictures of my new girlfriend.". You are bound to receive a multitude of responses, and not all would be favorable.

In either case, I think people are just discouraged and/or disappointed by BMW right now. Some diehards try with great effort to cling to the brand they love, but the design language isn't as distinctly BMW as they would prefer.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 06:43 AM   #314
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
Man this hate for the G20 is getting out of hand.... Were car enthusiasts, I don't get why were hating so much on the new model yes it takes some tome to get used to but tone it down... We get it it's not a full M, we get it about the grilles, we get it about the Lexus rear (which I don't agree with) everyone's gotta slowdown and just appreciate the fact we got something new, and more powerful and probably more fun to drive.. I personally love the look of the g20 it's modern, sharp and aggressive , I seen one driving on the road the other day and wow did it have a deadly presence on the road.. common guys let's slow it down and be less hard on the G20 series's it's not going anywhere and it's here to stay for the next 7 years. Like I ordered my Mineral White M340i.. and I'm so excited but these forum posts are making me feel like I shouldn't have purchased it and I did the wrong choice.
Do yourself a favor and stop looking to these forums for validation. Each time the new model is introduced, it gets harshly criticized, often by those clinging to the out-going model, or chassis design. This is usually because:
-they have some time left on their lease...or
-their spouse won't let them buy a new car
-they're afraid of change
-they're jealous that others are happily buying a new car
-they're followers who enjoy parroting others' opinions

It's actually kind of amusing...
Meh, I actually like the car other than the grill which just ruins it for me. I think when you have such a polarizing design element, it's bound to trigger the masses.

It doesn't bother me but it also doesn't help that a portion (albeit a small one) of M340 buyers keep proclaiming that the 340 is a full M car. That alone will piss off a lot of M folks, even though everyone should know by now that it is in now way shape or form an M car.
Who thinks it's a full M???

Yes, it's very close to/or better than some former Ms... that's a fact. No, I don't expect it to better a G80, for obvious reasons. But, "they" need to get over that fact.

Yes it wears and M sport badge straight from the factory, so YES it's a real M (sport) car in that sense of the word. I didn't stick the badge on by myself, ok??

Bottom line, people need to get over themselves...
I can guarantee you, in normal daily driving (99% of my life at this point) your Mx will not outperform an Mxxx... so in that regard who has the better car??
Enjoy what you have an stop worrying about it, or simply leave the manufacturer and pick a different brand if it causes that much heartache.

Go over to the M (F80) forum and watch the bickering over M vs Comp. Pkg. vs CS!! Now that is laughable!! When does it end???

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #315
Joro2819
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
Who thinks it's a full M???

Yes, it's very close to/or better than some former Ms... that's a fact. No, I don't expect it to better a G80, for obvious reasons. But, "they" need to get over that fact.

Yes it wears and M sport badge straight from the factory, so YES it's a real M (sport) car in that sense of the word. I didn't stick the badge on by myself, ok??

Bottom line, people need to get over themselves...
I can guarantee you, in normal daily driving (99% of my life at this point) your Mx will not outperform an Mxxx... so in that regard who has the better car??
Enjoy what you have an stop worrying about it, or simply leave the manufacturer and pick a different brand if it causes that much heartache.

Go over to the M (F80) forum and watch the bickering over M vs Comp. Pkg. vs CS!! Now that is laughable!! When does it end???
I agree with you 100%, I am also sick of the it's not a M car and it should not have M badging and it dilutes the brand. My money, if I want to spend money for a M Performance vehicle, I can. After all, we still live in America.
Something to think about, if someone were concerned about diluting the brand, they should stop buying BMW and go over to Ferrari or Koenigsegg if they can afford to, if not, shut up and deal with it.
Appreciate 0