Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay issue on my new 2023 X3M40

09-04-2022, 03:18 PM   #1
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40

CarPlay issue on my new 2023 X3M40

Took delivery on my new car a few days ago. I used CarPlay on my previous 330. On the new car CarPlay has lost the connection and will not reconnect by itself while the car is running. If I choose Reconnect on IDrive my Bluetooth can't find my phone. When I turn the car off and then restart the car, CarPlay connects again and is fine till the connection is lost again. The loss of connection does not happen each time I'm driving.
I plan to talk to the Genius at my dealer after the Labor Day holiday.

Until then, anyone else have this issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
Edytravel
Rep
Drives: 330i 2019,320i 2016, 320i 2013

I have some disconnections from CarPlay but it reconnects 2 or 3 seconds later without any extra operation. mine is a 330i.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls49bmw View Post
Took delivery on my new car a few days ago. I used CarPlay on my previous 330. On the new car CarPlay has lost the connection and will not reconnect by itself while the car is running. If I choose Reconnect on IDrive my Bluetooth can't find my phone. When I turn the car off and then restart the car, CarPlay connects again and is fine till the connection is lost again. The loss of connection does not happen each time I'm driving.
I plan to talk to the Genius at my dealer after the Labor Day holiday.

Until then, anyone else have this issue?
Couple of things to try. Remove the device from your cars Bluetooth connections, as well as the BMW from your iPhone. Reconnect them and start over.

Second, if you do run into a disconnect issue, I've had luck just push the power/radio knob for 30+ seconds until the head unit reboots. This has resolved issues for me without having to turn the car off and on gain. Phone syncs right back up using that reset method.
Appreciate 2
      09-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edytravel View Post
I have some disconnections from CarPlay but it reconnects 2 or 3 seconds later without any extra operation. mine is a 330i.
Yes, that's the way it worked in my previous BMW. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #5
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
Couple of things to try. Remove the device from your cars Bluetooth connections, as well as the BMW from your iPhone. Reconnect them and start over.

Second, if you do run into a disconnect issue, I've had luck just push the power/radio knob for 30+ seconds until the head unit reboots. This has resolved issues for me without having to turn the car off and on gain. Phone syncs right back up using that reset method.
Thanks for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #6
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
This worked for me after multiple attempts of deleting and & reconnecting my phone - thanks!