Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics USB splitter?

12-31-2022, 05:27 AM   #1
RichP3n
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 2.0d

USB splitter?

First post-

Wondering if anyone can help, I’m trying to find a solution for my bodge of a dash cam install. I cba to hardwire anything so my solution was to run the power cable round to the centre consol and use the usb port in there. The cable got in the way so I’ve hidden it underneath the cup holders. This obviously means I’ve lost the usb port.

Does anyone know if there’s a splitter cable out there that will fit the round 4 pin connector where I can have a second usb under the consol while still having the usb port in original position?

Or any other solution that comes to mind will be gratefully received.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 08:16 AM   #2
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

The USB-C port under armrest can also play mediafiles. Use use a "C to A" cable if you need an "A"-type port (or use USB-C type memory stick). I use double ported memory sticks (A and C) to fit both my old computer and the C-type port.
Or swap the usage of these two ports (dash cam via converter, media at the cup holders).
Appreciate 1
RichP3n12.00
      12-31-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
RichP3n
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 2.0d

Yep good shout, I’ve managed to get cable back into arm rest (if anyone wants to try this it’s pretty simple to take the whole gear selector console off) so will get a usb c - usb a adaptor and use that. It’s a Wi-Fi dash cam so don’t need any data transfer it’s just for power. Thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0