Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Question about upgraded CAI sound in different driving modes?

04-08-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
james1138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Question about upgraded CAI sound in different driving modes?

I’ve got a 2023 M340 with an M performance exhaust. I’m looking at installing a Dinan cold air intake. My question is, can you hear it at all when you’re driving in either Eco mode or comfort mode? I love the sound of it, but I don’t want it to be too loud when driving around my neighborhood when I’m not in sport mode. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:25 AM   #2
XxSullyxX123
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M340i xDrive, '20 Rubicon

CAI's sound is normally throttle dependent. the mode shouldn't really affect it and it isnt like the exhaust that has valves that close and open based on different inputs/modes/rpms levels etc. so if you're light on the gas pedal it shouldn't be very audible no matter the mode. in comfort if u mash the peddle it will will open the throttle body and suck as much air as possible and make as much noise as it can. I'm not familiar on this platform with CAI's so I can't say how loud it would be though. but that is just the general concept behind how they work etc.
      04-08-2024, 01:15 PM   #3
james1138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSullyxX123 View Post
CAI's sound is normally throttle dependent. the mode shouldn't really affect it and it isnt like the exhaust that has valves that close and open based on different inputs/modes/rpms levels etc. so if you're light on the gas pedal it shouldn't be very audible no matter the mode. in comfort if u mash the peddle it will will open the throttle body and suck as much air as possible and make as much noise as it can. I'm not familiar on this platform with CAI's so I can't say how loud it would be though. but that is just the general concept behind how they work etc.
Awesome, that answers my question. Thank you so much!
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2024, 11:32 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

The Dinan intake will not be too loud in any setting, let us know how you like it once its installed

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0