BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-13-2023, 06:45 PM   #1
Emtoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C Buyer

Tuned G80 CS

We are still waiting for the first full review video on a standard car and these cars are already in tuning shops ……🤯

Appreciate 2
24M3CS142.50
      05-15-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
I wonder if any thought went into springs rates as the dampers are valved very differently, at least on the CSL. I know the answer is no, stance over engineering I'm sure. It may be the case that the spring rates are appropriate but would really like to see some science/thought behind it. I know H&R put their VTF kit on Marco Wittman's CSL but it is in German so not sure if they address it. My understanding is the kit was their OTS G82 version.
      05-16-2023, 01:21 AM   #3
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I wonder if any thought went into springs rates as the dampers are valved very differently, at least on the CSL. I know the answer is no, stance over engineering I'm sure. It may be the case that the spring rates are appropriate but would really like to see some science/thought behind it. I know H&R put their VTF kit on Marco Wittman's CSL but it is in German so not sure if they address it. My understanding is the kit was their OTS G82 version.
There is no performance background behind 99% of cars running 'springs and spacers'. If these cars came standard with zero wheel gap, pretty much no one would feel the need to buy aftermarket springs or coilovers.

The CS rides very well in comfort mode, I was expecting it to ride harsher being a CS. Car was on P Zero Corsas with pressures set at 32ish psi. I've not been in a CSL so cannot compare, though.