02-07-2022, 05:55 AM   #23
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeebieJeebies View Post
Just had the first service on my G21 320 (just over 4K Miles) I have a BMW approved dealer service plan which when I purchased the wrong mileage for services was filled in by the sales drone.

This ended up with me having to pay a ‘top up’ fee as the plan didn’t take into account that the measurements re intervals is mileage OR time, so the time starts from date of manufacture. The ‘top up’ fee paid also reduced my monthly service plan cost by a few pounds a month but it’s resulted in the plan being on course now.

I was also given a ‘VIP’ discount card, which apparently gives discounts on ALL parts and ALL services from this dealer (Parks of Hamilton), but it can’t be applied to a service plan service ffs!

As I reach nearer the age of senility, it’s becoming ever more obvious that NOTHING is free in this world
Yup! You're not wrong there!
For the first time on any of my cars I've put the Service Inclusive plan on mine being fortunate enough to get it at the reduced price some months ago. I'm expecting it to be a saving over the years as I'm hitting an average of 1000 miles per month.
Had a Service Inclusive on my wife's previous 1 series coupe years ago but wasn't value for money as she only did 6 to 8k per year!
You're right about dealer costs though, bloody outrageous for the most part!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:08 AM   #24
330Stevie
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xdrive

I’m sat drinking free coffee and using the showroom as an office as the M340 is in for first service.
I’ve already been offered a litre of oil for the boot at £24; despite a bottle already being in the boot…
It’s done 15k and quote was £300 give it take a few quid….

I’m hoping for no surprises!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:42 AM   #25
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting, I know we were in the same boat in terms of having our car deliveries delayed by lockdown (is that really almost two years ago now?!!) but mine is showing it's due its first oil service in March rather than June (so two years from manufacture rather than two years from delivery).

I took the 5-year, 50k mile service pack in a Black Friday offer back in 2020; can't remember exactly what I paid but I know it worked out at comfortably less than the cost of two services with a BMW main dealer (and hence it seemed an easy decision given I intend to keep the car for at least 5 years!).
I did the same. I thought it was 4 years though?
In fact I've just checked, you are correct.
Oil due March
Brake fluid May 2023
Inspection March 2023
Vehicle check March 2024

A bit odd.

Also should really be from first registration I would have thought.
I've just checked and my Service Inclusive is showing until March 2025. I may email them so it's accurate to June 2025.
Yes, I think it would make more sense for these things to run from the date of registration. If you buy a new car that's been sitting in stock for a couple months I'd have thought the timing of servicing would go from the date of registration - or at least the PDI - and not from the date the car went into stock; due to circumstances our cars effectively went into stock for two months so to me the service timings should run from the revised date of registration.

Interestingly, the due date for the Vehicle Inspection on mine is May 2023 (so three years from the month of registration) while the other dates based on time all relate to March (the month of manufacture). So there isn't even consistency with how the dates have been derived - think I'll have a word with my local dealer about it the next time I'm in the vicinity!
After getting nowhere in email, I don't think the person responding was the sharpest, I spoke to BMW UK.
They agree that the service inclusive should run from date of first registration(I checked the terms and it states the same)
They said they will raise it with the correct department to be amended.
I queried that my first service is shown by the end of March or several thousand more miles and this seems to be linked to the incorrect dates, again, maybe when the ECU was fired up. My car was registered 8/6/20. It's always shown this March date from when I got the car. They stated it's condition based so that should be correct.
Im pretty sure that it is incorrect, I've only done 9k miles and surely it would be mileage condition based on telematics as opposed the date specific?
They said it can take two weeks to be rectified. I'll hold off on booking the service until then. Otherwise I'll just go with what is says.
She did state that the warranty is shown running until 7/6/23 but not sure if she just made this part up.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 04:12 AM   #26
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Quote:
After getting nowhere in email, I don't think the person responding was the sharpest, I spoke to BMW UK.
They agree that the service inclusive should run from date of first registration(I checked the terms and it states the same)
I queried that my first service is shown by the end of March or several thousand more miles and this seems to be linked to the incorrect dates, again, maybe when the ECU was fired up. My car was registered 8/6/20. It's always shown this March date from when I got the car. They stated it's condition based so that should be correct.
Im pretty sure that it is incorrect, I've only done 9k miles and surely it would be mileage condition based on telematics as opposed the date specific?
They said it can take two weeks to be rectified. I'll hold off on booking the service until then. Otherwise I'll just go with what is says.
She did state that the warranty is shown running until 7/6/23 but not sure if she just made this part up.
It's usually based off time or condition, whichever warrants a service earliest.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 04:47 AM   #27
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
Quote:
It's usually based off time or condition, whichever warrants a service earliest.
That's what I thought. It says March or in 12000 odd miles. My gut feeling is that when they rectify the issue with the service pack etc it should revert to June which was first registration.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 06:56 AM   #28
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

It should be from date of manufacture - brake fluid, as an example, absorbs moisture over time so the service is based on how long it's been in there which is nothing to do with the date of registration.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00
      03-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #29
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
I reflected on this and came to the conclusion that as things like the engine oil have been sitting in the sump for almost two years it probably needs changing! So mines's booked-in for its first service later this month even though, like yours, it's only done around 9k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 07:19 AM   #30
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
It should be from date of manufacture - brake fluid, as an example, absorbs moisture over time so the service is based on how long it's been in there which is nothing to do with the date of registration.
Yes, after giving it some additional thought that's the conclusion I reached.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #31
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Yes, after giving it some additional thought that's the conclusion I reached.
I guess it makes sense. Weird that the M340 has a 3 year interval for brake fluid yet my wife's JCW mini is every 2 years
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #32
Azure350z
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Are you sure it's not 3 years for the first one and then every 2 years?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #33
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure350z View Post
It is for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 02:17 PM   #34
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure350z View Post
No. First brake fluid was 2 years and then every two years
It's a 2018 JCW
Appreciate 0