Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Looking for tire recommendations for the winter?

10-21-2020, 03:54 AM   #23
Obitelb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincechase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obitelb View Post
Got 245 35 19 for 100$ 4 tires bought it on Craigslist the guy only use it 1 season
Whats the thread tho?
They are pretty good.. You can't beat that price for pirelli sottozero 3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #24
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Thats awesome. And thats sqaured ?? I have M sport and has 225 45 on front and 255 35 rear. Which makes it extreame hard to find tires atleast for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #25
Obitelb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thats awesome. And thats sqaured ?? I have M sport and has 225 45 on front and 255 35 rear. Which makes it extreame hard to find tires atleast for me.
I am rwd 245 35 19 4 tires
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #26
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Anybody use Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 successfully in the winter months ??
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:35 AM   #27
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Hey guys,

So the weather is getting colder and I live on the east coast, still have the stock tires that came on my g20 msport. Don't think it will help me out when the weather gets really cold, heavy cold rain and snow.

Any recommendations on what tires work great with the G20 in the winter?

I have staggered setup

Thanks
Michelin Pilot Alpine 5. Simply the best
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #28
BmwDriverStockholm
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-sport sedan

I recently installed Goodyear UltraGrip Performance +
Front 225/40R19 93W XL FP
Rear 255/35R19 96V XL FP

I've noticed that they are more silent and comfortable than my summer run flat tires. Will see how they work in snow, but according to reviews they should be good
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 04:52 PM   #29
Obitelb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Got 245 35 19 for 100$ 4 tires bought it on Craigslist the guy only use it 1 season
Whats the thread tho?
I would say they were 1 season use
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 05:05 AM   #30
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

This should be in the wheel/tire sub.

I got a good deal on the Blizzak WS80 because the new WS90s were about to come out. This is my second winter with them.

They perform excellent in snow, but everything else leaves a bit to be desired. They are also kinda noisy. I hear the WS90 is a massive improvement over the old model, but for the price I got these im not complaining too much
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #31
Batang.Gapo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i M Sport Edition II

Nokian Hakka R3.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #32
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Anybody use Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 successfully in the winter months ??
Based on reviews and a friend who has them, I just mounted a staggered set of DWS06 on my new G22. Only 300 miles on them so far but they are quiet and smooth, and have really good traction in the wet. I have not pushed them hard on dry pavement so can’t comment on dry performance. No snow yet but they should see a few snowfalls over a typical St. Louis winter. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #33
BmwDriverStockholm
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-sport sedan

Hi guys, just wanted to share my impressions from Goodyear ultragrip performance+

I'm really happy with tires on the snow. Very good grip while braking and cornering. If you are driving with DSC ON you have full confidence in corners. Car is very stable and with RWD driving experience is so much better and safer than I've expected.

While driving with DSC Traction it's really fun. Car goes sideways even if you touch the throttle a little bit. I have sport differential and I'm not sure how much does it contribute but it's easy and predictable to drive in snow with Traction and Goodyears tires.

An attached picture shows driving conditions we have here in Sweden.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-23-2023, 10:20 AM   #34
Konstantinos.90
Greece
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-sport sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwDriverStockholm View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to share my impressions from Goodyear ultragrip performance+

I'm really happy with tires on the snow. Very good grip while braking and cornering. If you are driving with DSC ON you have full confidence in corners. Car is very stable and with RWD driving experience is so much better and safer than I've expected.

While driving with DSC Traction it's really fun. Car goes sideways even if you touch the throttle a little bit. I have sport differential and I'm not sure how much does it contribute but it's easy and predictable to drive in snow with Traction and Goodyears tires.

Your car is rear RWD? And how does it drive on snow if there is a slope of 10%. Can you drive through? I mean you can also drive in steep roads or only on flat highways?
My g20 is with summer 19" pirelli pz4 summer tires and i'm thinking on buying 17" used wheels to wear pirelli sottozero 3. But i'm rwd...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 10:34 AM   #35
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwDriverStockholm View Post

You got the same winter wheels I have! I love them. The extra black spokes are almost invisible sometimes (like in this picture) and they make for a very cool effect.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 10:41 AM   #36
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

FYI for everyone commenting on stock 235/255 F/R Tire size - you can go square for your winter setup, and its generally preferable for even wear and tire rotation.

My winter setup is 225 all around:

19x8 ASA GT16 BLK MACH
433MHz Tire Pressure Sensor
225/40R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 XL

Going square is also much cheaper for wheels, and you'll find a lot more options in the 8" variety than you will in the others with many manufacturers. The ability to freely rotate wheels can easily you an extra season out of them too since you can go front to back, and you can't do that with the factory stagger.

I put 15mm spacers on the rear so the wheels have basically the same stance as stock for all intents and purposes - the 10mm less in front is really not noticeable with the offset the way it is.

The 19's are plenty comfortable with the LM-32 Blizzaks, and hard cornering you can definitely feel a little bit of extra "squish" in the sidewall compared to the summer performance tires. In the end are winter tires, and it is winter. . . I'm not trying to be sideways allllll the time and they provide a good, comfy balance. I've driven many dedicated winter performance tires, you really can't go wrong with any of the brands people have mentioned. The Michelin X Ice Platform is great too.

I ordered through Tire Rack and their sales team is great - you can use the online configurator and it will automatically plot known fits for the car/build. Alternatively, you can call in and their sales team is top notch - they can also float some other less common fits.

Side note - the M340 system settings have a number of "approved wheel/tire sizes," and the size I have noted actually isn't in there. . . You can go and enter "manual" tire sizes, however its a bit limited on the options and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience "programming" the tire sizes? I've been assured that the size/ratio fits for the platform, and I do genuinely trust the customer service team from Tire Rack - the sizes noted in the system really don't account for unstaggered 19" wheels at all, which is silly - they just list staggered 19s or square 18s.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0