Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Coilovers or lowering springs

11-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw m3 comp xdrive

Garage List
Coilovers or lowering springs

was ready to go with putting kw coilovers on until I saw a video from fitment industries saying basically if you have a good suspension lowering springs is the better way to go. Now if u have a m340 you kno she handles beautifully. So my question is is this true. I do NOT want to kill the ride so that's the biggest issue. Appreciate the info. Also was told only way to get perfect fitment is coilovers. Can anyone clarify please. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Michaeltv100
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Ill be honest, currently running springs on my 330i and they're good but I think these are something you will want to put money into, I've lowkey almost died doing 140 and hitting a bump lol. I heavily suggest getting coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeltv100 View Post
Ill be honest, currently running springs on my 330i and they're good but I think these are something you will want to put money into, I've lowkey almost died doing 140 and hitting a bump lol. I heavily suggest getting coilovers.
Quote:
Lol. I hear u. And that's y I was ready to go on kw. But I think my suspension and yours is diff. I could be wrong. But mine stock is incredible. I'm telling you. It's sick. So you have same Suspension as m340. That m adaptive all that. And one question. The smoothness. Still there or no
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 01:13 PM   #4
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrytarg6_m340 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Lol. I hear u. And that's y I was ready to go on kw. But I think my suspension and yours is diff. I could be wrong. But mine stock is incredible. I'm telling you. It's sick. So you have same Suspension as m340. That m adaptive all that. And one question. The smoothness. Still there or no
I just got my KW V2 and having them installed in a couple of days. I'll let you know how they feel on the m340
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #5
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just got my KW V2 and having them installed in a couple of days. I'll let you know how they feel on the m340
Please do. There is no way I want to kill the ride. You have the adaptive m suspension. With the electronic dampers and its xdrive
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #6
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Fitment industries

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please do. There is no way I want to kill the ride. You have the adaptive m suspension. With the electronic dampers and its xdrive
What they recommended
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #7
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have the adaptive suspension. Just M suspension on the m340. Also rear wheel drive
Appreciate 0